00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

AMD's Zen CPU: Return of the Jedi?

624 Views | 3 Replies

With "Zen" coming out very early next year, do you think Intel's 10+ year rein as the fastest CPU maker will soon be coming to an end?

Apparently, Zen's clock-for-clock performance is slightly faster than that of Intel's Broadwell-E line of CPUs.

So, do we have a gamechanger here? or will Intel just keep burying AMD with even more faster processors?

With that being said, Intel will be releasing their Kaby Lake line of processors early next year too.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to AMD's Zen CPU: Return of the Jedi? 2016-11-01 18:17:39

At 11/1/16 05:54 PM, Luxonik wrote: I just want to know when should ZEN come out

Early January at CES.

and should I move from Intel to AMD family?

If performance, price and power consumption are reasonable.

I am proud Intel user for the past 7 years and my ancient i3 550 still kicks ass =)

Released in May of 2010 - Not quite 7 years yet.

Still beats my previous desktop: Core 2 Duo E8400.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to AMD's Zen CPU: Return of the Jedi? 2016-11-02 13:16:36

At 11/1/16 05:01 PM, Painbringer wrote: With "Zen" coming out very early next year, do you think Intel's 10+ year rein as the fastest CPU maker will soon be coming to an end?

Apparently, Zen's clock-for-clock performance is slightly faster than that of Intel's Broadwell-E line of CPUs.

So, do we have a gamechanger here? or will Intel just keep burying AMD with even more faster processors?

AMD is back in the game. The problem with the old processors was more the power consumption than the lack of speed. Intel builds slow processors, too.

Processors are getting faster by 10% each generation so no reason to worry about the new Intel one.

BBS Signature

Response to AMD's Zen CPU: Return of the Jedi? 2017-01-12 17:14:46

2017 UPDATE:

AMD's Zen CPU (now officially called Ryzen) is set to launch on the 28th of February!

Meanwhile, Intel has very recently launched their Kaby Lake line of CPUs.

Will you be getting a Ryzen CPU for your next PC build? Or are you sticking with Intel?

And how with Intel respond to a superior CPU from AMD?

Will it expedite the launch of Skylake-E, or possibly the new 10 nanometer Cannonlake?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature