00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Which Video Game Company?

1,684 Views | 27 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-01 09:11:52

If you had the chance to work for your favourite video game company, which one it would be? First off, I would likely start my own studio if it came to that. However, it would be so awesome to do a new ZOE game for Konami with that studio. As for the game itself, it would take place in a space colony like the first ZOE game but this time there would be multiple ones you go through and with features from ZOE 2 implemented as well. My second choice would be Activision. What about you guys?

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-01 09:53:46

I'd really like the to be a story writer for Bethesda.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-01 13:13:31

At 11/1/16 12:48 PM, kanef wrote: insomniac games has actually been ranked high in lists of good places for people to work for in america
so theres that

Sounds cool. And what sorts of games you would like to develop there? A new Ratchet and Clank perhaps?

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-01 13:20:28

I would like to work at Nintendo if I were to. That'd be pretty cool.

I really don't know what to put on here.

Nintendo or Valve I suppose, not sure what I could do though. I'm also not sure if Valve really develops games anymore, haven't really been paying attention to them. Most stuff seems to just be surrounded around Steam itself and they appear to be more of a distributor rather than a developer.

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-01 18:58:51

Blizzard Entertainment.

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-02 14:15:43

At 11/1/16 03:03 PM, DrClay wrote: Nintendo or Valve I suppose, not sure what I could do though. I'm also not sure if Valve really develops games anymore, haven't really been paying attention to them. Most stuff seems to just be surrounded around Steam itself and they appear to be more of a distributor rather than a developer.

Valve used to make games, now they make money.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-02 15:15:15

At 11/1/16 06:58 PM, MaynardHeart wrote: Blizzard Entertainment.

Yay, Blizzard Entertainment! Maybe you can then create cards for Hearthstone you always wanted. xD

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-02 15:16:12

At 11/2/16 10:11 AM, Hoodie wrote: If language isn't an issue in this hypothetical, From Software

If time isn't an issue in this hypothetical, Free Radical

uh, Naughty Dog

Man, From Software definitely would be an awesome place to work. Imagine working on the newest Souls title with them?

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-02 23:31:32

Kojima Productions, Valve, or Rockstar

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-03 07:08:19

Sunsoft. They've made quite a few of my favorites and have a lot of games with notable music.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-05 05:40:02

At 11/2/16 11:31 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: Kojima Productions, Valve, or Rockstar

Man, if there's someone who could encourage Valve to develop Video Games again, it just might be you.

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-05 07:30:49

It'd be cool to work for Game Freak, since I love Pokemon. I love designing my own Pokemon from time to time, so why not make some for Game Freak?

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-06 12:48:14

At 11/1/16 09:53 AM, Mismo wrote: I'd really like the to be a story writer for Bethesda.

The closest I've got to writing fan fiction has been writing sidequests and "little things" I'd like to see in Fallout, little things being the inconsequential, easily missable stories told through the environment, item placement or just letters and tapes. A decent main quest wouldn't hurt but exploration and subtleties have always been the real strength of these games for me.

I'd love to do art for them too, concept art or modelling. You can layer so much "implied" storytelling into environments or even weapons and that lends itself well to Fallout. Like in the Nuka World DLC there's an AK pattern rifle, but by default it's missing a dust cover and upper handguard, and has the end of a shovel attached in place of a stock. So much creativity in that. It's cheapened by how ubiquitous that weapon is but as a single piece it tells a story of its own.

There were AK mods available before that was added but of course none of them are as clever or fit as well into the Fallout world as bethesda's own work.

At 11/1/16 06:58 PM, MaynardHeart wrote: Blizzard Entertainment.

Working on Blizzard visuals would be great. I could just draw Hearthstone cards all day.

At 11/2/16 08:56 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: Bioware

Writing? Could be good, but I sort of imagine bioware being kind of oppressive to work in. They get more pandering and soulless with each game.

At 11/1/16 03:03 PM, DrClay wrote: I'm also not sure if Valve really develops games anymore, haven't really been paying attention to them. Most stuff seems to just be surrounded around Steam itself and they appear to be more of a distributor rather than a developer.

Valve as a developer is dead and I miss them more than any other dev. Working with them in he late 90's through the 00's would have been immense, and of course I can't imagine Gabe being anything short of excellent to work for.

Their offices also look really cool.

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-06 15:03:46

I'd love to work at Valve. And not just for the whole "employees work at they're own pace" spiel. I genuinely love most of valves games and respect the amount of effort and quality they put into their games. I'd like to be a part of that.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

I would really love to work for Volition. Even though I've kinda found their games to be lacking in quality as of late, they are still a great studio with a rich history.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-06 18:59:27

I would probably pick sega if bubsy was popular maybe accolade but I wish I had my own so I make my own games if I could

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-06 19:35:45

Bioware. I'd be a writer and try to get a movement going to subvert all the racism in everything they've produced since 2007.

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-07 09:08:27

I think Bungie. idSoftware would be a close second, though not sure I'd like working under Bethesda.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-07 10:30:52

At 11/7/16 09:08 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: I think Bungie. idSoftware would be a close second, though not sure I'd like working under Bethesda.

Man, Bungie would be awesome indeed. Imagine working on the next Destiny? Or even Marathon should they decide to revive it someday...

At 11/7/16 10:30 AM, LauriJ wrote: Man, Bungie would be awesome indeed. Imagine working on the next Destiny? Or even Marathon should they decide to revive it someday...

That would be pretty cool! A modern take/remake of Oni would be my dream there though. Still haven't stumbled upon a more fine-tuned mesh of FPS and hand-to-hand combat than that, which just happened to be in a game with immersive voice acting/story, and all very linear and easy to follow. I keep replaying it, but old engines/graphics do get a bit outdated. Wouldn't mind an upgrade.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-07 11:24:36

Nintendo.

Hopefully they'll let me make an RPG spinoff in which the playable characters are Bowser, Wario, and Waluigi. This means that you can play as Bowser when he fights the Mario Bros and wins. The enemies would be disgruntled former minions of Bowser and characters who have a bone to pick with Bowser, such as villains from other Mario RPGs (i.e. Smithy, Fawful, Dimentio) and other related Nintendo games (i.e. King K. Rool, Wart).

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-18 17:36:55

Well my favorites are Bethesda and Nintendo. I wouolld probably work for Nintendo cause I have loved Mario all my life. And they aren't as creative as they were maybe some ideas could help them? Bethesda for The Elder Scrolls. It's pretty hard work though. I know all games are hard work but games like that. Yikes.

Peel back the bark for a hidden message.

BBS Signature

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-19 02:55:10

Gears for Breakfast, while a new studio, has a very awesome and dedicated owner, and I'd want to work with them just to improve with them.

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-19 10:11:31

One of them would be Nintendo. I played a lot of Nintendo games (GameBoy (Color), Gameboy Advance, Nintendo 64) when I was a kid. I advise them to put more nostalgic games to their Nintendo E-shop. I also advise them to make or port games for the Android/IOS and the possibility if you buy the game for the mobile, you can also play it on the handheld and vice versa.

Another one would be Rare. Only because of the Donkey Kong and Banjo Kazooie platform series.

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2016-11-22 01:06:13

Sega has gone to shit, so I would wanna get them back on their feet. I'd be a programmer, writer, and animator. Hopefully I would bomb-ass metal for their sonic games too just like Crush 40.

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2017-01-22 06:34:19

I would love it to work for Retro Studios

Hi, Follow? :3

BBS Signature

Response to Which Video Game Company? 2017-01-25 14:49:50

Nintendo! what else :D