00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Election Is Next Tuesday

679 Views | 16 Replies

The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-01 02:56:35

Alright, it's almost here. In just 8 days, America will elect its next president. This is it guys, after several months of bullshit, it's almost about to end. Tell me, what do you guys think about this election and both off the candidates who may win? These past months have been crazy, I've spent months watching a ton of news because of entertainment from the election coverage. Almost 8 years have passed since Barack Obama became the president, and now he's going to leave the white house for good.

This could very well be the last United States presidential election, what do you guys think is going to happen on election night, and after it? Are you gonna be relieved that this is all finally over?

The color of your skin is your uniform in this ultimate battle for the survival of the West.

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-01 11:05:22

I take issue with the "this could very well be the last presidential election" comment, as there is virtually no context to that statement whatsoever. Context aside, I find it rather disturbing that there are some that are even proclaiming it to be the last election because two "unpopular" candidates get the nomination in spite the fact that one of them (Hillary) is the most qualified candidate in decades, yet is barely hanging on against Trump. It kind of makes me wonder where are peoples' priorities are sometimes and are unable to think of the long term consequences for supposed short term gain.

Personally, I have grown weary of the election and really just want to end. Having said that, we got a week left, and if I may, to anyone who is planning to vote between now and Election Day, here's a piece of advice, (especially to the Gen Y and progressives) do not let foreign influence or trumped up (no pun intended) scandals cloud your judgement, we can't afford to screw this up and if you value all of the progress we have made the last 8 years, make the right choice. They may not be perfect by any means, but one is far better than the other.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-01 13:34:25

At 11/1/16 02:56 AM, DOOKIEMALLO wrote: This could very well be the last United States presidential election,

Why? Neither candidate strikes me as someone who could even come close to rallying a coup. Not just because I don't believe they want to, but that there's no way they could get the support for it. Trump, if elected, may not even serve because as many people seem to forget....he has a RICO trial later this month and if convicted, he'd be going to jail and thus being unable to serve as President. Hillary if elected will have a major uphill battle overcoming the perception of scandal, and other issues both real and imaginary. These are not the charismatic, popular type of leaders that could say "you know what we should do today? Just make me President forever" and people would go "sounds great! Let's do that!".

Also they won't crumble the country, they really won't. Let's put the apocalypse talk back into fairy land where it belongs.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-01 15:30:15

I'm curious how many write-ins Sanders will get.

"Sometimes reputations outlive their applications. Sometimes fires don't go out when you're done playing with them."

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-01 17:45:58

At 11/1/16 02:56 AM, DOOKIEMALLO wrote:
This could very well be the last United States presidential election, what do you guys think is going to happen on election night, and after it? Are you gonna be relieved that this is all finally over?

Martial law would be the gateway to that. It would be easy to do if Trump wins because you know and I know libbies will be doing BLM style rioting all over the US. And if Hillary wins, a war with Russia (more than likely involving nukes) would be the opportunity.

And no I won't be relieved when it's finally over.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-01 19:27:25

At 11/1/16 11:05 AM, orangebomb wrote: I take issue with the "this could very well be the last presidential election" comment, as there is virtually no context to that statement whatsoever. Context aside, I find it rather disturbing that there are some that are even proclaiming it to be the last election because two "unpopular" candidates get the nomination in spite the fact that one of them (Hillary) is the most qualified candidate in decades, yet is barely hanging on against Trump. It kind of makes me wonder where are peoples' priorities are sometimes and are unable to think of the long term consequences for supposed short term gain.

Personally, I have grown weary of the election and really just want to end. Having said that, we got a week left, and if I may, to anyone who is planning to vote between now and Election Day, here's a piece of advice, (especially to the Gen Y and progressives) do not let foreign influence or trumped up (no pun intended) scandals cloud your judgement, we can't afford to screw this up and if you value all of the progress we have made the last 8 years, make the right choice. They may not be perfect by any means, but one is far better than the other.

Dude you're nuts if you think things have been going good for the past 8 years, we've had a weak president who's smarter than idiots like Bush but even more sociopathic and pretty much just as aggressive when it comes to foreign policy. Now, about Hillary, I believe she has a very bad agenda for the country, another globalist whoring herself to wall street and the big biz, talking about how much she cares about human rights while taking millions of dollars from countries that abuse human rights severly, even countries that abuse the human rights of women specifically. I don't like her

Do I like Trump? Hell no, he's terrible too, there's plenty to get into on that.

You never know how things could end up, this COULD be our last election, but any election could. The end of the world just looks eminent with the monsters who may end up running the USA.

The color of your skin is your uniform in this ultimate battle for the survival of the West.

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-01 19:59:58

At 11/1/16 02:50 PM, hektikmusic wrote: You seem to be hung up on Trump's RICO case.

With good reason I think. Since, by nature of the thing, a RICO case IS a criminal action (it's the law that destroyed the American Mafia after all).

You do realize that it's a CIVIL lawsuit and not criminal charges, right?

Oh. I think I see the problem. You think this is ONE lawsuit. It's actaully TWO lawsuits. One is the civil case, the other (Cohen vs. Trump U) was moved up to the RICO criminal status.

You seem to be oblivious to Hillary's current predicament.

I'm not actually. Since there really is no spelled out predicament.

650k Clinton-related emails have been found on a shared device belonging to Huma Abedin and Anthoney Weiner.

What is criminal to Clinton in that necessarily? None. Because the whole point of this investigation so far is Anthony Weiner sexting a 15 year old which would make him a sex offender. Nothing in this so far blows back on Clinton under the law. It's again a case of "was good judgement used?" which is a decisions of morals and ethics vs. the law and criminality. Yes Virginia, there is a difference.

Clinton's .gov email address is attached to many of the emails, and it's 99.9999% likely that many of these emails are classified.

Um, why? Because of your clear and stated qualifications to judge as such. Hey, I'm a guy that uses a corporate email server, and phone number all time within the course of dispensing my responsibilites at my job, and not everything we discuss rises to the level of "proprietary" or as it would be in this case "classified". Information CAN and in fact IS exchanged over such channels at times which is not properitary, secret, or classified. Having the ability to tell the difference IS important. I'm doubting you have such credentials unless you provide them here.

I'm sure that Huma will take the fall for it though and Hillary will once again feign ignorance and all her supporters will eat that excuse right up. "Trump is a fascist" they'll say as they vote for a war-mongering neocon who can't handle simple procedures. Oh well, whoever wins I'm sure America will be fine...

And then you speculate in conspiracy land again. Wonderful. Think I'm done with you....

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-01 21:03:09

At 11/1/16 07:27 PM, DOOKIEMALLO wrote: Dude you're nuts if you think things have been going good for the past 8 years, we've had a weak president who's smarter than idiots like Bush but even more sociopathic and pretty much just as aggressive when it comes to foreign policy.

Yes, because drawbacks from Iraq and Afghanistan is aggressive foreign policy. Not to mention that we had little to do with the Libyan revolution and until recently, in Syria and Iraq due to Daesh. Plus, Obama had to deal with a Republican Congress that did just about everything to undercut him on just about everything, it's a miracle that he managed to get a lot done.

Now, about Hillary, I believe she has a very bad agenda for the country, another globalist whoring herself to wall street and the big biz, talking about how much she cares about human rights while taking millions of dollars from countries that abuse human rights severly, even countries that abuse the human rights of women specifically. I don't like her

First off, why is she supporting overturning Citizens United? I don't think someone who is entrenched with Wall Street would do that. Second, a lot of our allies (particularly with developing countries) don't exactly have spotless human right records and we know that, but very little can be done about it because it's virtually unenforceable by its own nature, and the fact that people throw accusations on HR abuses all the time only makes it more toothless. Plus, the whole terrorist thing causing chaos to society and all that.

You never know how things could end up, this COULD be our last election, but any election could.

No, it isn't. Barring a cosmic disaster, life will carry on as normal under whoever is in charge, and there is no way that they'll be a violent coup or uprising. There is just too much to lose for everyone to have that happen, and no one wants to be the one who wants to be part of an armed rebellion, let alone launch a nuclear weapon.

We really need to stop fetishizing about the end of the world as we know it, because it does nothing but invite panic and fear among people. Our country is too stable and strong to fall apart at the seams in such a quick matter due to a presidential election, and everyone knows that.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

At 11/1/16 09:02 PM, hektikmusic wrote: What are your degrees in? It's funny that you're your own judge and jury.

I'm not making claims of innocence or guilt. You are. Therefore it is entirely proper for me to ask for your credentials as to why you should be considered a legitimate source to do so since you do not present any legitimate sources to illuminate for me why you reached those conclusions. That's just how debate works.

. Nobody cares about Trump's pseudo-scandals, not when someone like Hillary Clinton is rife with them.

His precepitous drop in the polls, the increasingly desperate sounding (including selling access to members of his immediate family for donations) emails over the course of the campaign are direct evidence to refute the truth of what you're saying. Look, evidence, a thing you need when debating.

It actually does matter if Hillary's classified emails, and possibly the 33k missing BleachBit emails, are unsecured on some pedophile's computer hidden in a file labeled "Life Insurance".

If that's what happened, sure. There's ZERO evidence so far that that is what happened. We have a very vague email signifying nothing from the director of the FBI who is saying "well, I'm looking at her server, for evidence about this other guy" and those who want her to lose the election immediately seized on it as smearing her. Fuck, most outlets are still using the words "re-opened the investigation" when the investigation was never closed. So truth in this matter is a huge problem.

That's why states that allow people to change their vote are printing millions of extra ballots, people do not trust Hillary Clinton.

Source.

Her opponents don't, her supporters don't, the media doesn't, and thanks to the Podesta leaks we even know that her own staff doesn't trust her since she's "easily confused". Trump will be president; I'll be sure to bookmark this tab so I can come back in a week and say "I told you so!"

If it happens, go for it.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-01 23:00:52

At 11/1/16 09:02 PM, hektikmusic wrote: What are your degrees in?

Did someone ask for an attorney?

At 11/1/16 09:03 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Not to mention that we had little to do with the Libyan revolution and until recently, in Syria and Iraq due to Daesh.

I'm fairly certain we were feeding weapons to the then "rebel" groups, may have also been giving them intelligence. We only don't talk about it because it didn't go the way the White House and State Department intended.

Plus, Obama had to deal with a Republican Congress that did just about everything to undercut him on just about everything, it's a miracle that he managed to get a lot done.

After Obama called them terrorists and then basically said "tough shit, it's our turn" to the republicans, and rarely compromised with them or met with them? Yeah, I could see people not wanting to work with a guy like that.

For 2 years, Obama had a Congress that was Democrat controlled, they barely passed any laws. There was plenty of shit talking from the left during those years, little work done. Then when they lost control of the house, Harry Reid in the Senate refused to bring House passed bills to a vote in the Senate, blocking Obama from having to deal with bills he didn't like.

That narrative of the obstinate Congressional Republican is pretty weak and really only telling about 25% of the story.

At 11/2/16 12:54 AM, hektikmusic wrote:

The woman should be in jail, her cohorts too.

"Sometimes reputations outlive their applications. Sometimes fires don't go out when you're done playing with them."

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-02 17:55:40

At 11/2/16 12:54 AM, hektikmusic wrote:
Oh, now I see. You think you're winning a debate that nobody else knows is going on. Congrats, champ.

Huh? This whole forum runs on debate....it always has. I thought at this point that was pretty self evident.

It was interesting watching your cognitive dissonance unfold and I especially liked the part where you declared yourself the winner of an uncontested debate.

When did I do that? The ad hominem is strong with this one.

I do not accept your sources that feed into your own confirmation bias.

Stronger still. Again guy, at least I'm trying to through out sources and as non-biased as I can find (which is reeeeeeally hard these days, especially on the net). Where as you just keep claiming things with no sources whatsoever. You just assume you're facts are self-evident and when challenged you resort to ad hominem attack.

Your ego prevents you from accepting the truth about crooked Hillary, CNN and the DNC collusion, Podesta and Wikileaks, Huma Abedin and Anthony Weiner, etc. You think that the FBI is just playing politics, where's your proof?

LOL! I never said any of that! Also dude, as I said, prove your claims and I'll take a look. But right now you just sound like every other right wing conspiracy theorist out there. Completely ignoring that an election where Hillary is running away with it unchallenged is the WORST thing for any 24 hour media outlet like CNN because it doesn't give them anything to cover. They NEED and thrive off a close chaotic election like this. So without strong evidence that somehow subverting the need for ratings to the idea of favoring one candidate over the other....I'm going to continue to say that an extraordinary claim like this requires extraordinary evidence.

Nope, all you offer is conjecture and then cry foul when someone else does the same.

I'm not the one making definitive claims, you are. I'm just sitting here asking for the evidence, and yes, speculating on what the facts in evidence could say.

When Loretta Lynch pleads the 5th about Hillary Clinton then you know something is seriously wrong.

What I know in that case is the following: That clearly in the course of discussions with her lawyer, they mutually decided that either she knew something incriminating, or feared by speaking she could be incriminating herself and thus pleaded the 5th. Completely innocent people don't do that, very true. But considering we don't know WHY she's pleading the 5th (beyond the obvious that answering the questions put to her incriminate herself) then it's very hard to know if by incriminating herself she'd also incriminate others.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-03 12:01:33

A part of me is happy that's all this bullshit is finally going to be over next Tuesday but the other part of me is sad because this election cycle has been crazy and a whole lot of fun. To be honest, we're probably never going to have an election as crazy and entertaining as this ever again, so we better enjoy it while it lasts. Whoever wins on Tuesday, the American people won't be happy. And it'll still be interesting to see how things unfold when one of them takes the White House.

incoming: a barrage of angry Clinton supporters telling me why she's the most qualified to take office

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-03 20:22:56

Here is what is really happening

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-06 20:33:22

Not even interested in watching the election live.

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-09 16:12:32

:Trump will be president; I'll be sure to bookmark this tab so I can come back in a week and say "I told you so!"

If it happens, go for it.

Kek.

Response to The Election Is Next Tuesday 2016-11-09 16:51:22

Just as a housekeeping measure going to lock up threads like this that were prior to the actual election since there's no real reason to bump them anymore as they were "time sensitive".

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature