00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Contests, Prompts, and Challenges?

300 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I need to upgrade me' skills.
This requires pumping out many finished works, above anything else.
Seeing as I came here for a contest; (Woo! Jazza!) and i happen to be new hereabouts; and you happen to ALL be lovely, helpful, kind people, as I'm sure; what are some easy/favorite ways to get some peer pressure on here? Or otherwise, for that matter.

Looks cool, folks. Pretty pumped.
...please respond to me.
Why don't people respond.
DA has ruined me. {8'{

Response to Contests, Prompts, and Challenges? 2016-11-01 01:07:39

At 11/1/16 12:44 AM, duckwagon wrote: I need to upgrade me' skills.
This requires pumping out many finished works, above anything else.
Seeing as I came here for a contest; (Woo! Jazza!) and i happen to be new hereabouts; and you happen to ALL be lovely, helpful, kind people, as I'm sure; what are some easy/favorite ways to get some peer pressure on here? Or otherwise, for that matter.

Looks cool, folks. Pretty pumped.
...please respond to me.

Honestly things are pretty slow around here. Chill and all that. There was the Inktober thread, but that's pretty much over. There's some activity threads, like the current Monstergirl thread and the old activity threads if you're willing to resurrect them. Even then they'd probably just immediately die again. No collabs going on. Not a whole lot of initiative.

I mean I'm not taking any, myself, beyond pestering people, so that's not condemnation from a glass house, just a remark.

So no real peer pressure on these days. Pretty sure that the art chats and lounge have long since dissipated. Template apparently runs her group or something but I'm out of the loop, only just got back on the horse a couple weeks ago. People are just sorta... hanging around. Feel free to stick around too, shoot the shit. Most of the forum isn't particularly mouthy, I just like the sound of my own voice. Comment around, get to know the crowd, update whenever, take it easy.

If it's worth jack, I suppose I'm always up for critical work and discussion.

Why don't people respond.
DA has ruined me. {8'{

Well that's its own topic, full of speculation and the like. I've got my own theories, ranging from a general trend of introspection and social anxiety to the very act of consistently commenting (nevermind criticizing) involving an extension of the ego that most artists just aren't willing to... yeah, I'll spare you the pretension.

I don't know. Welcome to Newgrounds.