00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Time you thought you were gonna die

1,396 Views | 20 Replies

Same as title. I remember having this weird sensation in my heart once. Might have never happened but it sure was spooky...

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-24 11:11:29

Flying and having rough turbulence for a while, the kind where you can feel the plane just drop dozens of feet.

Have avoided several car crashes, some head on. That's kind of a normal thing, living somewhere with a lot of curvy narrow back roads. Either it's a drunk, someone distracted, or just some self important fuck who thinks ALL OF THE ROAD is theirs to drive on. Near collisions are kind of a normal thing around here.

Have had alcohol poisoning and threw up stuff that was from a bit further down the tract than just the stomach.

Once, had a pretty much an entire large bar full of people streaming out to start trouble, people brandishing pistols and all. 2 friends and I were in a car, got partially surrounded, I just kinda calmly backed up and turned to away from them. The real fun thing was when my friend called 911 and the dispatcher refused to listen to my friend about it because he was cussing and freaking out a bit. It was a great situation... Basically it all boiled down to us leaving the bar at the same time some bad stuff went down inside and a mob of people decided we were involved.

Any time a friend handled a pistol. I was fine with him to a point, that point being when his drunk ass set loose a 9mm inside the house we were renting after a long night of partying. We had a loooooooooong talk after that, but that kind of trust can't just be regained.

Eating a meal alone in my home, started choking and had a few seconds of panic. Stomach punch, handled.

There are plenty of others. I'm a dumb male and sometimes play that card hard and often, so shit does happen.

"Sometimes reputations outlive their applications. Sometimes fires don't go out when you're done playing with them."

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-24 17:50:12

Sinking in a pool, I was about 5 and I was really relaxed and ready to die. Smoking pot laced with pcp. Inhaled smoke as I was surrounded by fire.

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-24 18:02:45

-Being chocked by an abusive classmate.

-Falling off the trampoline onto my back.

-Almost colliding with a big truck; head-on.

-Sleep paralysis.

Not much else I can think of.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-24 20:14:49

Went swimming in the ocean once when the water was far too cold, had to get my brother to help me back to shore. I stopped being able to feel my limbs and was struggling to keep my head above water.

For all our problems, my brother and myself, I am of course still thankful for this act at least.

"Sometimes reputations outlive their applications. Sometimes fires don't go out when you're done playing with them."

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-24 22:50:10

Last night when I was asleep.

Due to the fact that in my dream I was on a train and a bomb went off with a flame traveling faster than I could run.

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-24 22:55:06

One time I took too much Panadol in the time span of 24 hours. The maximum amount you should take in 24 hours is 4, but I accidentally took 8, because I had been really sick lately and I forgot to read the packaging.

I woke up in the morning with really bad chest pains and shortness of breath. It felt really bad at the time, but it eventually went away. Lesson learnt

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-24 22:57:21

Any time when I forget to eat and suddenly feel ghoulishly tired, or I forget to stay hydrated on a really hot day and can barely hold my head up.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-24 22:57:46

At 10/24/16 06:02 PM, Painbringer wrote: -Being chocked by an abusive classmate.

-Falling off the trampoline onto my back.

-Almost colliding with a big truck; head-on.

-Sleep paralysis.

Not much else I can think of.

Sleep paralysis? What did you see during the moment when you had it?

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-24 23:15:05

Almost died of pneumonia in 2011.

BBS Signature

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-24 23:32:32

Driving home from work deep in the oil patch in the company truck with the boss and a few other guys. A truck coming the other way was goofing around with people yelling at some workers on the side of the icy road, the driver lost control and came across moving about 80 km/h, my boss didn't slam the brakes like a retard and maneuvered us around oncoming truck into a snowbank.

BBS Signature

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-24 23:46:58

At 10/24/16 11:11 AM, anvilpoundcake wrote: Flying and having rough turbulence for a while, the kind where you can feel the plane just drop dozens of feet.

God damn that shit is nerve wracking. I don't immediately start to think "oh shit we're going down" but that sensation of suddenly dropping a few feet is so physically uncomfortable and nauseating I hate it.

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-24 23:59:08

I accidentally went into the deep side of a river once when I was a kid and almost went under. I thought I was going to drown.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-25 00:15:47

At 10/24/16 10:50 PM, LittleWashu wrote: Last night when I was asleep.
Due to the fact that in my dream I was on a train and a bomb went off with a flame traveling faster than I could run.

I've actually had a couple of dreams like that. It feels pretty life like when it happens. When it happened to you, did the sound of the explosion from the bomb continue on as you woke up?

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-25 00:22:44

At 10/25/16 12:15 AM, Nick2292 wrote:
I've actually had a couple of dreams like that. It feels pretty life like when it happens. When it happened to you, did the sound of the explosion from the bomb continue on as you woke up?

Not in this dream but ones in the past. Heck back when 9/11 happened I had bomb dreams like this one for 15 days straight.

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-25 00:28:50

At 10/25/16 12:22 AM, LittleWashu wrote:
At 10/25/16 12:15 AM, Nick2292 wrote:
Not in this dream but ones in the past. Heck back when 9/11 happened I had bomb dreams like this one for 15 days straight.

kind of sounds like exploding head syndrome. I shit you not it's a real thing. It's basically what the name implies, you have a dream and in it there's typically a build up to an explosion (Most people describe a static electricity sound). It jolts you awake and as your waking up the sounds from the dream continue on.

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-25 07:17:27

About 5 years ago, I had gone outside to do some chores. I had this hot wet feeling in my abdomen. It was really slow and mild at first, so I thought "Must be a hernia" As I've gotten them before and it felt similar.

A few hours later, the pain intensified and I was alone in the house. I remembered fading in and out of consciousness. I had gone to pick up the phone and call my Mom who is a nurse at a hospital but I suddenly couldn't remember the number. I was afraid to walk so I sat on the couch drifting back and fourth between spikes of pain. In the morning, I went to the hospital and they ran some tests, I had an infection in my intestinal tract. There was no need for surgery but I needed to rest a few days. I was so afraid that night though.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Almost cried. I did cry out of hopelessness, then got back to the business of surviving.

All so I could write this decades later, huh?

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

At 10/26/16 11:32 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote: Had too many of those i don't think i can even count them anymore.
But there was this one time where i instantly collapsed in front a moving SUV, good thing i didn't get run over but i woke up and everyone thought i was dead.

Well, aren't you a lucky little fellow? Just remember to be more careful in the future.

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-27 20:32:58

I don't think I've had any near death experiences in my life, but I remember my friend and I being chased in the woods by a weird man when we were kids.

BBS Signature

Response to Time you thought you were gonna die 2016-10-27 20:43:35

Smoking a cigarette out front of my apartment complex 4.21.2014, two days after my wife and I decided to split up, 3 days before my birthday, listening to headphones and pacing back and forth as usual,

Two dudes in hoodies walk toward me, one is pointing at me, I assumed he was going to bum a cigarette.

As they get close, I say hey whats up, simultaneously realizing that the dude isn't pointing a finger at me, he is pointing a fucking gun at my head. He holds the gun to my forehead and tells me not to say anything, he's not fucking around. They go through my pockets take my phone, and my glasses and send me walking the opposite direction.

Biggest adrenaline rush ever, and something that I probably still haven't fully processed.