00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

9014793814 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Disney is fucking up Star Warscanon

575 Views | 10 Replies

Seriously. They literally just retconned the part of canon that didn't need to be changed: where you find a kyber crystal that signifies your preferred role in the order, and roled with it, and Sith using red synthetic crystals.

Now they changed it to this stupid "bleeding" crap where the crystal changes depending on your mood, which is fucking stupid. It's a lightsaber, not a mood ring.

BBS Signature

At 10/24/16 03:44 AM, Brandon wrote: Seriously. They literally just retconned the part of canon that didn't need to be changed

By the sounds of it, it sounds like either a plot device or will be used for a bit of imagery in an upcoming movie. If something from a movie franchise is not mentioned in a movie I wouldn't treat it as canon ...

Now they changed it to this stupid "bleeding" crap where the crystal changes depending on your mood, which is fucking stupid. It's a lightsaber, not a mood ring.

... so what mood is Mace Windu?
Is he the only Jedi in the Galaxy who is truly Fab?

BBS Signature

Response to Disney is fucking up Star Warscanon 2016-10-24 07:20:11

They probably changed it so they can make stupid toys out of it to sell en mass at walmart along with the boxes of cereal, frozen dinners, toys and other stupid shit with character's faces on them.

Nothing is sacred, let alone anything made by george lucas and sold off piece by piece to Disney.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to Disney is fucking up Star Warscanon 2016-10-24 10:35:40

You can't even trust Lucas to not ruin it, I have no expectations of Disney keeping things 100%.

I also was not so impressed with the new film, so I'm kinda where I was when the prequels came out, low expectations for further films.

"Sometimes reputations outlive their applications. Sometimes fires don't go out when you're done playing with them."

Response to Disney is fucking up Star Warscanon 2016-10-24 10:40:01

At 10/24/16 03:46 AM, 64trilliontonnetane wrote: and nothing of value was lost

oh contrare

Response to Disney is fucking up Star Warscanon 2016-10-24 11:11:07

For all intensive purposes, space shooty movies are a diamond dozen. I could care less.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Disney is fucking up Star Warscanon 2016-10-24 11:26:13

At 10/24/16 11:11 AM, Jin wrote: For all intensive purposes, space shooty movies are a diamond dozen. I could care less.

Grammar nazi bait....?

"Sometimes reputations outlive their applications. Sometimes fires don't go out when you're done playing with them."

Response to Disney is fucking up Star Warscanon 2016-10-24 15:40:14

I just think it's over advertised nowadays. I saw this at the store yesterday.

Disney is fucking up Star Warscanon

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

J.J. Abrams first ruined Star Trek. Then he went on and wiped his a** with Star Wars.

Kylo Ren murdered his own father just because he is "mwahahaha evil".

The Joker is a 10000% better character than Kylo.

---

Response to Disney is fucking up Star Warscanon 2016-10-24 18:41:01

At 10/24/16 04:20 PM, usgurshaan178 wrote:
Maybe he means that he cares a little bit but not that much. To be fair, he cared enough to post in the thread.

That wasn't the only issue.

Response to Disney is fucking up Star Warscanon 2016-10-24 18:43:41

They gave us Admiral Thrawn. What more do you want?

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature