00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

switizuwu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NX announcement tomorrow morning

588 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NX announcement tomorrow morning 2016-10-19 20:59:07

Who else is hyped? What are you hoping to see from Nintendo?

NX announcement tomorrow morning

Response to NX announcement tomorrow morning 2016-10-20 10:10:19

Well, at least they presented it a lot better than the Wii U, also, Skyrim confirmed? lol

Response to NX announcement tomorrow morning 2016-10-20 10:41:48

Holy fucking shit... Switch is kinda dull name, but that thing sure looks like very interesting. I wonder if it supports the Gamepad of Wii U.

BBS Signature

Response to NX announcement tomorrow morning 2016-10-20 11:47:54

Watched the reveal trailer today. I'm getting a Nintendo Switch on Day #1. That may make me a gullible fanboy, but that thing looks wicked awesome and I love how Nintendo is basically gonna give me a home console and a handheld gaming system for the next generation.

This thing may become a flop like the WiiU, but it sounds infinitely more appealing to me on paper.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to NX announcement tomorrow morning 2016-10-20 12:51:02

At 10/20/16 11:47 AM, ZJ wrote: This thing may become a flop like the WiiU, but it sounds infinitely more appealing to me on paper.

I think it'll do a lot better than the Wii U, can't say if it'll compete on the same level with Sony and Microsoft, but I got the impression that they're trying to improve a lot on their weak spots by attracting a lot more third party support (Capcom, Bandai Namco, FromSoftware, Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft, Activision, etc).

If they get the main franchises from all these devs, than they're probably sold, but I really wonder if the 'tablet' by itself has the power to play all the games on high def, and if the battery will last more than 20 mins. Also, having the option to separate controllers for multiplayer was a pretty neat idea, although it really looks clunky af.

So far, at least they did a MUCH better job than the Wii U trailer, which was pretty much "oh hey you can watch tv and play games at the same time, oh and draw on it, holy shit", and barely showing any interesting games.

At 10/20/16 11:01 AM, kanef wrote: calling it now
immense hype for the console for the first two years
but then other better 9th gen consoles are revealed and it dies out
then itll get a spiritual successor from one of the companies that helped make it
just like dreamcast

I think the Wii U was sort of the Dreamcast of the last gen, and I don't even know if Sony and Microsoft will make new consoles or just keep "upgrading" the current ones. But maybe you'll be right, who knows.