00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your Latest Review

551 Views | 16 Replies

Your Latest Review 2016-10-18 13:46:50

What was the latest review you posted for content here on Newgrounds?

Mine was for:

"An impressive piece.

I love how the white glowing eyes jump out at you in contrast to the brush stroke style of the hair. The texture of the clothes, especially on the sholders of the jacket is exceptional. The background, as well, can not be faulted. Neatly drawn and with just the right amount of blur and warp to give the image the right feel.

The feet/shoes of the zombie seem a little rushed compared to the rest of the piece. A minor flaw but one that stuck out to me, also the blood splatters around the sword and stomach feel flat compared to the rest of the image.

A well deserved 4.5/5 stars."

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-18 14:18:53 (edited 2016-10-18 14:22:06)

"This game was exactly the kind of point and click adventure I didn't realize I wanted. Punny and funny, the music hits the humor beats quite well, and it's brevity works to its favor. Drops the jokes and then bows out before it gets stale.

Graphics were simple but clear, puzzles aren't moon logic based or require college level reading and the ending works given all the events that proceeded it. Great stuff!"

Damn, I should review stuff more. :/

Oh, whoops, this was more most recent. Blarghh.

"Just scrolling around the picture makes me see health bars and Chun-Li lightning kicking some fool in the corner. Looks pretty interesting, and I'm wondering if it's a standalone project or something to hype people up for.

Like the multiple layers, the mesh of colors and the soothing music. Nice stuff."

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-18 17:03:08 (edited 2016-10-18 17:04:13)

"As a firm believer in chickens, the cutenes of this thing is amplified by a million because it's like a cross between a chicken, a penguin from adventure time, and a bee. And I love it."

I'm usually not this lazy with reviews, I swear! </3

Still true though

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-18 18:27:26 (edited 2016-10-18 18:30:00)

Is this thread like "who has the biggest latest review" ? ^^
Oh well...

Hey friend ! =3
Melodies :
Those are really nice melodies I think ! I really love the very end of the main melody's loop (like at 0:24), those extra-fast notes blow my mind ! *_*
The moment from 1:20 to 1:27 is also pretty orgasmic, mainly because of that freaking melody ! X)
Instruments :
The mixing is really great, but I think there's minor problems concerning some instruments ! The synthesizer that starts at 0:34 has absolutely nothing to do with the main instrument (which is an electric guitar I think) and doesn't match with the overall track ! The moment from 1:05 to 1:12 is sooo well mixed though ! But maybe you should have made the drums a little bit more... hearable ! ^^
Personality :
It's a highly rememberable track ! Which is great. The only thing is I think the vocals didn't match with this wild-primal themed track ! I mean these vocals could be heard in a spaceship, not on Mars' ground !
Melodies : 2/2
Instruments : 1,5/2
Personality : 0,5/1
Overall, it's a really nice track, and... well I think I've said everything ! X)

Wow !

Okay.

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-18 18:34:20

At 10/18/16 06:27 PM, MysteriousPresence wrote: Is this thread like "who has the biggest latest review" ? ^^

I see it more as a look at the different writing styles of reviews on Newgrounds.
Plus other users can click the link and see if they agree.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-18 21:13:12 (edited 2016-10-18 21:14:31)

Harley

Rated 5 / 5 stars October 9, 2016

Beautiful

Wow this is great it reminds me of a friend, so beautiful in the eyes, it really shows the eyes and the deep detail great shades and the soft touch of it all really comes alive in this piece.

~~THINGS TO IMPROVE ON~~
Would have loved to see the joker in the backround somewhere.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-19 00:19:08

"Pretty fun game, even though I'm not super fast at typing haha"

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-19 11:50:10

Newgrounds forums are great...

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-23 04:41:25

At 10/18/16 01:46 PM, Decky wrote: What was the latest review you posted for content here on Newgrounds?

I very rarely review things. Mainly because I only write one when I feel like I can give ideas on how to improve upon the content. Last submission I reviewed was this one, which has been taken down by the author:

"I played the first one and after playing this one I felt like writing a review about the problems of this game:

Graphics/Animation : 1/5

The water is just a one-coloured surface, the swimming animation consists of only a few frames, the jellyfishes are just a moving, unanimated sprite. The attack animation is also not good.

Audio: 3/5

The song is well chosen but you could add an option to choose between more songs. It would be also good to add sounds for : getting a coin, attacking a jellyfish, getting a bubble, etc.

Content/Gameplay: 0/5

That may seem harsh but I will explain why you get no points in this category. While there are some much needed improvements over the last game, it is still too difficult to get coins and an overall unenjoyable experience.
I upgraded everything to a point where the upgrades cost 40$ and there are still multiple rounds in a row where I see nothing, no coins, no enemies, nada. Since it becomes more and more costy to get an upgrade, the game becomes more tedious the more upgrades you have. The one-time upgrades help a bit to counter this problem but it is not enough.
In other upgrade games you feel more powerful as you keep on playing - in this one you will feel more and more unlucky.

The spawn rate for everything apart from the jellyfishes is way too low. Why bother to upgrade bubbles when I see one in 10 rounds? Upgrading bubbles should make them more efficient and increase their spawn rate. I also found the attack to be absolutely useless. The jellyfishes get barely knocked back and most times you will just crash into them when you attack. The hitbox of those monsters is also insane, they are cleary far away and the still hit me, tone it down a bit.

I also recommend that you add some upgrades that make the game easier and more enjoyable:

- Hearts upgrade: Each point gives you one more heart. That will prevent rounds where you suddenly crash into a jellyfish and gain nothing. Once you get hit, you will be immortal for 2 seconds, so that you have time to move away from the jellyfish.

- More treasures! upgrade: that will improve the chance to spawn gems that give more than just one dollar. That will help to keep high priced upgrades obtainable without playing several years.

- Improved weapon: instead of knocking the jellyfishes back, they will now get damaged and slowed down. The jellyfishes will have 5 hitpoints, once you have upgraded weapon 5 times, only the amount of shots gets improved.

I am so lucky! Upgrade: The most costy upgrade, starting with 10, and increasing by the same amount, can be upgraded 5 times to increase the spawn rate of bubbles, coins and gems a bit.

Apart from that, once you got rid of those flaws it would be nice to see more content:

- first would be a high score for how long you survived, one for how many coins you earned in a round and another one for how many challenges you cleared
- a challenge mode: you get quests that you have to solve, with incrasing difficulty, for example "obtain 3 coins in one round", one of the later ones being "defeat 3 jellyfishes within one minute", etc. The higher the difficulty of the challenge, the higher the reward will be, giving the player an optional way to gain enough money for the upgrades
- unlocking skins for the player, and skins that add more monsters than just jellyfishes

Overall: 1/5

As it stands now, the only good thing is the relaxing song - which stands in a strong contrast to a gameplay that is in most aspects simply annoying - you don't look forward to upgrades and more often than not unfair jellyfishes spawn directly before you without a chance to react. The game in its current state simply is no fun to play and the one point is only given to put it in perspective to the first one. I hope that you don't get discouraged by my honest rating - I also recommend that you play some of the upgrade games here on Newgrounds to get a better feeling what that kind of games need to be fun - steadily more upgrades that make you feel more and more powerful."

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-23 06:32:44

What's the point of this thread?

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-23 06:56:46

"It's fair to say that I fell for clicking the pulsating yes :)."

BBS Signature

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-23 08:19:19 (edited 2016-10-23 08:19:45)

At 10/23/16 04:41 AM, Asandir wrote: I very rarely review things. Mainly because I only write one when I feel like I can give ideas on how to improve upon the content.

I'm very much the same. I'll try to make sure to raise at least one issue with the piece in question and the way I would have improved it. Sadly, I rarely seem to find the time for writing something constructive so reviews can be seldom. Quality over quantity and all that.

It's nice to give good feedback, not many do.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-23 21:34:07

It's an okay time waster. Though the animation for when you get rid of gems seems too slow and it ends up covering up other gems to the point where I can't tell if I have any more pairs on the screen.

3/5

I don't review much if at all. I don't like giving short reviews on things but I don't know how to give constructive long reviews without going off onto whole different tangents.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-24 07:13:35 (edited 2016-10-24 07:16:02)

Well, shoot. The last review I did was for a game called "Marko sharko" But it looks like the game was deleted.

The maker of the game DID kinda yell at me and was a bit arrogant, but other users found my review helpful so, I'm not sure if the game got blammed or if they just didn't like the negative reviews.

Your Latest Review

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-24 09:21:56

So this is what the General Forum has come to? We've now run out of ideas so we're just posting what we reviewed recently?

It's because of forums like this that make me want to never come back here again.

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-28 08:16:39 (edited 2016-10-28 08:16:51)

I just realized Decky's trying to get people to review more stuff by tapping in to the autistic +1 behavior of some posters.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Your Latest Review 2016-10-28 11:59:17 (edited 2016-10-28 12:03:00)

At 10/28/16 08:16 AM, Radaketor wrote: I just realized Decky's trying to get people to review more stuff by tapping in to the autistic +1 behavior of some posters.

All that effort has got to be directed somewhere.
It's always good to give free publicity to an unknown creative too.

Your Latest Review

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature