00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Will the GOP fall?

376 Views | 2 Replies

Will the GOP fall? 2016-10-11 15:11:37

With so many Republicans against Trump now and so many of his supporters getting angry with them it seems if Trump loses the election the GOP will not come out of it intact. There appears to be such a large division within them to either support him or abandon him for their own campaigns to take Congress. And Trump is just raging against them just as much as he does on Hillary. Once this train wreak of a election is over I don't think the GOP will come out of it unscathed.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to Will the GOP fall? 2016-10-11 19:18:17

They aren't sure whether it's best to support him or abandon him. The truth is, having Trump as their nominee is potentially ruining the credibility of the GOP for standing behind someone who is very unpopular and doesn't stand up for what they believe, therefore a lot of people think they can save the Republican party's reputation (at least as much as they can) by not supporting him. On the other hand, not supporting their nominee is certainly not something they ever wanted to resort to, especially in an election like this.

The GOP is afraid that Trump will affect them for future elections because of him being branded as a racist and a misogynist, therefore the GOP may be branded as such. This certainly doesn't help the fact that those groups are becoming an increasingly stronger part of elections as the world is changing. They are in an absolute mess and have been in panic mode. It will be very interesting to see what happens with the party after this election, whether they decide to change or not. Because this along with the fact that social conservatives values are becoming extremely unpopular within the nation gets me to think whether George W. Bush will be our last ever Republican president.

Response to Will the GOP fall? 2016-10-11 20:11:54

After 2012, the GOP as both parties do when they lose, did a study as to what they needed to do to try and win in 2016. They chucked all of that because the base line wants Trump. They don't like women in power, they believe in conspiracies, they don't want racial equality or at least don't like the idea of anybody who isn't white being treated the same as whites, and they have come to believe that they have been left behind and that the current administration has done nothing for anyone.

This is the problem, the Republican Party has become a shitty coalition of "useful idiots" that are controlled by a rich hierarchy trying to get them to vote against their own interests and the 2 decades or better of bad ideas, and grooming these people into a monster have come back to bite them. The Dems will surely hang Trump around the neck of those that have supported him and the party for years and years to come, and to me the only hope the Republican Party has is to actively work to get Trump supporters out. Stop catering to that message, stop campaigning to it, and push these fringe elements out. It's possible they go form their own party, but I don't think it gets very far. If Trump loses by a gigantic margin, it can't be seen as anything but a referendum on his type of politics and that it has faded in importance and power at the national level.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature