00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Seeking Help

399 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Seeking Help 2016-10-11 14:44:16

Hello Animators of NG.. I'm Mainly a programmer , but i like to do a range of things... Im getting into art more as well as messing with music , and sound effects.. But i would like to get into animation , I Have OpenToonz but im not exactly sure how to use it? Can anyone point to some great tutorials and maybe give me some tips as well?

Happy Coding

- Xploit

BBS Signature

Response to Seeking Help 2016-10-12 01:40:19

At 10/11/16 02:44 PM, iXploit wrote: Hello Animators of NG.. I'm Mainly a programmer , but i like to do a range of things... Im getting into art more as well as messing with music , and sound effects.. But i would like to get into animation , I Have OpenToonz but im not exactly sure how to use it? Can anyone point to some great tutorials and maybe give me some tips as well?

i tried using it myself and found it to be complex when it didnt need to do. best advice for learning animation is to first learn how to draw really really well and the rest will be easier

Response to Seeking Help 2016-10-12 03:33:01

At 10/12/16 01:40 AM, studiodenny wrote:
At 10/11/16 02:44 PM, iXploit wrote: Hello Animators of NG.. I'm Mainly a programmer , but i like to do a range of things... Im getting into art more as well as messing with music , and sound effects.. But i would like to get into animation , I Have OpenToonz but im not exactly sure how to use it? Can anyone point to some great tutorials and maybe give me some tips as well?
i tried using it myself and found it to be complex when it didnt need to do. best advice for learning animation is to first learn how to draw really really well and the rest will be easier

For that i'd probably need one of these drawing pads , my mouse has sudden urges to just jump to the left side when im drawing , or it will stop drawing when im still holding the mouse button down -.- which idk why cause i have a brand new mouse so that kinda pisses me off when drawing but for sure ill try to better my skills in drawing before trying to mess with animation

Happy Coding

- Xploit

BBS Signature

Response to Seeking Help 2016-10-12 12:55:58

At 10/12/16 03:33 AM, iXploit wrote:
At 10/12/16 01:40 AM, studiodenny wrote:
For that i'd probably need one of these drawing pads , my mouse has sudden urges to just jump to the left side when im drawing , or it will stop drawing when im still holding the mouse button down -.- which idk why cause i have a brand new mouse so that kinda pisses me off when drawing but for sure ill try to better my skills in drawing before trying to mess with animation

ya you will need a tablet for sure, drawing with a mouse is like attaching a chihuahua to a dog sled. you can get cheap tablets for less than $80. or buy a pack of computer paper for $20 and animate on paper and scan it in, if no scanner you can set up a camera to take pix.

Response to Seeking Help 2016-10-12 18:07:19

At 10/12/16 03:33 AM, iXploit wrote: For that i'd probably need one of these drawing pads , my mouse has sudden urges to just jump to the left side when im drawing , or it will stop drawing when im still holding the mouse button down -.- which idk why cause i have a brand new mouse so that kinda pisses me off when drawing but for sure ill try to better my skills in drawing before trying to mess with animation

I would actually recommend that you start with traditional media, pencil and paper, maybe move on to paints or charcoal at some point. Digital drawing is to traditional what playing electric guitar is to acoustic. You wouldn't start with the sophisticated setup, would you? Start with the basics and you will learn faster by not having so many other variables.

I've been doing traditional media and seen more progress in my drawing ability in this past year than I've had the rest of my life combined, and thats including the tablets I've had for 5+ years. I just submitted my first painting to an art show last week and got accepted. Many of the awesome artists here started with traditional before moving on to digital.

Response to Seeking Help 2016-10-13 22:53:05

At 10/12/16 06:07 PM, CultSyndicate wrote

I would actually recommend that you start with traditional media, pencil and paper, maybe move on to paints or charcoal at some point. Digital drawing is to traditional what playing electric guitar is to acoustic. You wouldn't start with the sophisticated setup, would you? Start with the basics and you will learn faster by not having so many other variables.

I've been doing traditional media and seen more progress in my drawing ability in this past year than I've had the rest of my life combined, and thats including the tablets I've had for 5+ years. I just submitted my first painting to an art show last week and got accepted. Many of the awesome artists here started with traditional before moving on to digital.

I'll Go ahead and start on that.. Everytime i try on paper i just lack creativity , i go blank as soon as i attempt it lol

Happy Coding

- Xploit

BBS Signature