00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artwork unfairly taken down

363 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Artwork unfairly taken down 2016-10-08 03:15:30

So a little while ago I made some artwork. The purpose of said artwork was to improve my skills at drawing humans, specifically females for frame by frame animation. I uploaded it last night (Fri, 7th of October 2016) and just 14 hours ago it was taken down by M-Bot who stated the following:

Your submission, "Attempting Females no.02 (with blur)", submitted at Oct 7, 2016, has been removed due to violation of terms.
Please review the art guidelines to ensure that you're following the rules and to prevent any further action being taken against other reviews you make.

The image did not contain nudity or suggestive themes, I did not use any generators or anything like that and this image is my original artwork. To what extent was I overstepping the boundaries? Is someone able to tell me what I did wrong?

(I can also be seen submitting art here on my deviantart account at: http://serpinoid.deviantart.com/)

Artwork unfairly taken down

At 10/8/16 03:15 AM, serpinoid wrote: The image did not contain nudity or suggestive themes, I did not use any generators or anything like that and this image is my original artwork. To what extent was I overstepping the boundaries? Is someone able to tell me what I did wrong?

You are surely aware that you had the the same pic uploaded but without a slight blur, which hasn't been taken down.

If you can't make up your mind about what a final submission should be like, I would advise that you submit it to the forum first and get some opinions that you trust. Otherwise as an artist you should be able to bite the bullet and decide what works best in your opinion

(and honestly there's not much difference between your two pics anyway, as it's just a filter)

We remove duplicates or minor reworks so that the portal isn't full of the same thing over and over, as it has to stand alongside other submissions that are one of a kind.

BBS Signature

At 10/8/16 04:50 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 10/8/16 03:15 AM, serpinoid wrote: The image did not contain nudity or suggestive themes, I did not use any generators or anything like that and this image is my original artwork. To what extent was I overstepping the boundaries? Is someone able to tell me what I did wrong?
You are surely aware that you had the the same pic uploaded but without a slight blur, which hasn't been taken down.

If you can't make up your mind about what a final submission should be like, I would advise that you submit it to the forum first and get some opinions that you trust. Otherwise as an artist you should be able to bite the bullet and decide what works best in your opinion

(and honestly there's not much difference between your two pics anyway, as it's just a filter)

We remove duplicates or minor reworks so that the portal isn't full of the same thing over and over, as it has to stand alongside other submissions that are one of a kind.

It's not a case of making up my mind and just deciding on one. As it said in the other image's description, these are test images. I'm trying to improve my ability not spam it on everyone else. Surely running a test like this doesn't break rules other wise what'd be the use of throwing around ideas in the first place? I'm asking for input not in a decision but in an art-style. Just because I had blurred the colour layer and shifted it a little does not make it the same image otherwise there'd be no point in uploading the two and asking for input. I "would" have liked to be fine just uploading images in one location but as I'm sure you'd understand, Deviantart is not the best place for receiving anything other than likes and follows and I need actual input not KPI's

Response to Artwork unfairly taken down 2016-10-08 06:58:30

At 10/8/16 06:38 AM, serpinoid wrote: It's not a case of making up my mind and just deciding on one. As it said in the other image's description, these are test images. I'm trying to improve my ability not spam it on everyone else. Surely running a test like this doesn't break rules other wise what'd be the use of throwing around ideas in the first place?

The art portal isn't for tests, the art forum is for tests and getting opinions. Put finalised submissions in the art portal

I'm asking for input not in a decision but in an art-style. Just because I had blurred the colour layer and shifted it a little does not make it the same image otherwise there'd be no point in uploading the two and asking for input.

With respect, these images are the same except one is blurred very slightly, and chucking a blur onto an image does not constitute a completely new art style or a completely new image.

It's a filter.

I "would" have liked to be fine just uploading images in one location but as I'm sure you'd understand, Deviantart is not the best place for receiving anything other than likes and follows and I need actual input not KPI's

The best way to get input is on a forum and placing the pics alongside each other.

BBS Signature