00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Shantae 64: The Unreleased Sequel

1,176 Views | 1 Reply

Shantae 64: The Unreleased Sequel 2016-10-02 23:21:06

I don't know where to start... I'm in an insane asylum, wearing a strait jacket. Why? Well, let me tell you the horrifying story that went from gaming, straight to demons.

I was 22 years old. I had a YouTube gaming channel under the name of Cosmic Chris. I only had about 200 subscribers on it which, for YouTube, is not that many. However, I didn't care at all about how much money I was getting from it, I just really enjoyed making videos. I also had a job as a waiter, because I needed to make more money than I do from recording. After all, I had rent to pay and a mouth to feed.

I always took requests for games to play from people who watch my videos. One day, I was looking at the requests and I stumbled across a request for a game that I'd never heard of. Although, I did know about the series it was from. It was a game called Shantae 64. The person who sent the request was anonymous. He told me that the plot of the game was that Shantae had to save Rottytops, Sky, and Risky Boots.

I'd heard of Shantae and really enjoyed her games, but I never knew that she had a game on the Nintendo 64. However, as I read on, it said that this was an unreleased sequel to the Shantae video game series. He put a link to a website selling the only copy of it. I clicked the link and right at that second, a text box popped up saying,

"Your game will be mailed to you soon."

I thought he must have put the url to the actual purchase button on the site by accident. I didn't mind though. I was gonna buy it anyway, because as I said, I loved the Shantae games. I was surprised that the person selling the game made it free to buy. I mean, it was the only copy of a game that wasn't even released. Either way, I didn't care. I went to my room to watch a movie.

Just by coincidence, at exactly the same time the movie ended, I heard a ring at my doorbell. I went to the door, unlocked it, and opened it up. Nobody was there. I looked around and I didn't even see any cars driving away. When I looked down, I saw a Nintendo 64 game cartridge.

There was no picture on it. Instead, there was a piece of duct tape. On the tape was "Shantae 64" crudely written on it with permanent marker. I guess it kinda made sense for an unreleased game to not have any art on it yet, but I still that it was a little bit weird.

Regardless, I picked up the game and brought it inside. I had absolutely nothing to do today, so I decided to play the game now, before I started recording a let's play of it. I always played games to the end before recording gameplays. That way, I'd have practice for it ahead of time. I got out my Nintendo 64 console, plugged it in, and inserted the cartridge.

The game started up and went to a beautiful title screen. It said Shantae 64 in the same font that they used in the Angry Birds games. I went to the options and changed the difficulty to easy, since it was my first time playing this game. Then, I pressed play.

It never showed any introduction whatsoever. It just went straight to the actual game. It showed Shantae in an empty grassy area. I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to do, so I just walked around until I could find something.

After a while, I eventually found Rottytops. She was just standing there, expressionless. I thought that this was very strange. How was I supposed to save her? I went up to her and pressed A to talk to her, but instead it cut to black. Then, red text popped up saying,

"Please don't hurt me..."

Suddenly it went to a cutscene of Rottytops running through the forest, sweating, and crying. The poor girl looked horrified. Then, it showed Shantae chasing after Rottytops. It didn't show her face at all. Rottytops tripped over a rock and Shantae now stood there, towering above her.

I thought that Shantae was supposed to be saving her. She pulled out a knife and used her magic to create two copies of herself. The two copies grabbed Rottytops' arms and legs to hold her down. Shantae put the knife in front of Rottytops' face. The helpless victim kept struggling and screaming in fear.

Then, without any warning, Shantae used the knife to skin the terrified girl's face off. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Rottytops stopped screaming, because she died from shock.

After that, the copies both pulled out these weird-looking pills and ate them. They instantly dropped to the ground, dead with their eyes opened. It cut to black again and text showed up saying,

"I've saved her from life."

It went back to showing Shantae in the grassy area from before, but this time everything was a darker shade of color. There was tombstone with the name Rottytops on it. Plus, it was raining. There flowers on her grave. The petals were made of the skin that Shantae took off her face.

I was in absolute shock. I couldn't stand to see anymore of this. I unplugged the console, but the game was still on. I knew that the only way to get the game off was to finish it...

I reluctantly picked my controller back up and kept on playing. I walked around some more and I found Sky. I talked to Sky and it went to another cutscene. It showed Sky in a log cabin. She was sitting in the corner of a dark, empty room, trembling. She was also curled up into a ball.

I cringed just thinking of what kind of horrible things Shantae was gonna do to her. Shantae never showed up in the room. Sky got up, still shaking, went to another room, and then came back with a lighter in her hand. I could now see Shantae's shadow outside the window, but I still couldn't see her face. However, I could still tell that she was watching Sky's every move.

Sky turned on the lighter and purposely set her own arms on fire. It showed Shantae's shadow at the window again, but this time, there was somebody nailed to a burning cross behind her.

It slowly zoomed in on the burning cross until I it was clear that Sky was the person nailed onto it. It cut to black once again, but this time, there were bloodstains that looked extremely realistic. It was as if I could touch them. Text popped up now saying,

"This one has saved herself."

I felt as if I was being brainwashed...

It once again went back to the grassy area, which was now on fire. I was now horrified to the point of depression. I found Risky Boots and spoke to her. I was expecting another cutscene, but this time I got something really different.

It was a photorealistic picture of Risky Boots who had been lynched by Shantae. Shantae stood right next to her hanging corpse, smiling. Then, it went to another picture.

This time, it was a picture of Shantae. One of her eyes were torn out and the other was hanging from its socket. Locks of her hair had been pulled out and her nose was jerked to the left. This was all accompanied by an ear-piercing screech.

It then showed my address, which reminded me of something: I never put in my address for the people to mail this game to me. This drove me literally insane and I burnt my neighborhood to ashes. I was immediately arrested...

That's my story! I still don't know who gave me that game, but Shantae was right all along. And after 5 years, it's almost time for my death sentence.

There, I'll be saved...

Creepypasta

Response to Shantae 64: The Unreleased Sequel 2016-10-02 23:54:12

Do not post stolen content as your own in this forum. Copy/pasting from creepypasta is a big no no.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature