00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Production Resource Videos!

1,147 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Like the plebeian fuckboy I am, I went out searching for YouTube tutorials for things related to using Serum as well as dubstep basses in general, because I'm a shitlord that likes making a music genre that was worn out of new content two years ago. Alas, on my adventure I discovered something magical.

Live production videos.

These fucking magical gems help on so many levels, whether you make the kind of music the producer is or not. Live production videos, as you can guess, is where a producer makes music live on camera, or on livestream. Ask anyone in any artistic field, and they'll tell you that you learn mostly through imitation and e\xperimentation. After you can imitate, you can experiment and branch out and add your own style and flavor, but it's important to imitate first to get a firm grasp on the essence of what it is you're doing. And these video are perfect for trying to imitate. You can look at what producers use, you can look at their workflow and how these professional musicians compose, EQ and sequence their music. It really, REALLY does help.

So, I'm going to put a bunch of stuff I've sound tonight down below. Feel free to contribute anything you'd like, I'll try to update it if there are any worthy things noted!

-

VIRTUAL RIOT: Valentin Brunn has made some utterly fantastic resources. The first two Studio Time with VR episodes are just him messing around with his keyboards, but those are still fun to watch!
- Make A Drop In 10 Minutes Challenge!
- Making A Dubstep Growl From Percussion
- Studio Time with Virtual Riot #3 - Sound Design Tutorials
- Studio Time with Virtual Riot #4 - Chords, Growls and Mastering
- Studio Time with Virtual Riot #5 - Audio Shenanigans, Drop Arrangement and Vocal Chops
- Studio Time with Virtual Riot #6 - All about Serum
- A Channel Dedicated To Uploading VR's Livestreams

You can find tons of other videos with his stuff, check some out!

PYRAMIND: Lots of music theory and breakdowns on popular songs and artists, as well as composing and mixing tips and tricks. Tons of good stuff on here!
- Theory & Arrangement Breakdown | Zedd - Spectrum
- Theory & Arrangement | Disclosure - Latch
- Mode Mixing in EDM | Deadmau5 & Zedd
- Beginner's Mixing Tip | Effective Use of Stereo | Paul Simmans

FACTmagazine's Against The Clock: Videos of various types of producers making a song in 10 minutes. Not always helpful, but interesting to watch, and see work flow!
- Flux Pavilion - Against The Clock
- NGHT DRPS - Against the Clock
- Artifact - Against The Clock

-

If you have your own production resources you'd like to have other people see, post them in the responses. I'll put any noteworthy ones up on the post!

SoundCloud | Discord: Wojo#0001 |

BBS Signature