00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Updating cover art

1,189 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Updating cover art 2016-10-01 12:39:32

Hi, I've reuploaded my tracks with updated cover art (i.e. the embedded artwork that can be viewed in music players such as iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc) but in my download tests of the tracks I notice that they still have the old cover art. Is there a waiting time between upload and update, or will it not register the cover art update because the track content itself is the same?

Response to Updating cover art 2016-10-01 14:36:24

Try clearing your browser's cache. This usually works for issues with things not updating here.

Response to Updating cover art 2016-10-01 14:41:30 (edited 2016-10-01 14:42:31)

At 10/1/16 02:36 PM, Gragon73 wrote: Try clearing your browser's cache. This usually works for issues with things not updating here.

Ha, was just about to bump my thread with new info. Thanks for the reply.

I tried just re-uploading, publishing and clearing cache first. Didn't work. Waited a bit in case it takes time, tried downloading again just a few minutes ago. No change.

So tried re-uploading again, then changing attributes (including tags and unticking/ticking the Creative Commons license box), then publishing (I can see the updated tags at this point) and clearing cache again. Nope!

Even if it could've been fixed by just changing attributes and clearing cache, still a bug. But now it won't even work in that case. Needs some fixing me thinks. In the meantime if anyone knows a workaround, would appreciate.

Response to Updating cover art 2016-10-02 08:59:06

Tried another download test just now and all tracks have the updated cover art. Guess it was just a matter of waiting afterall.