00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Resizing a Whole CS5 Animation

371 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Resizing a Whole CS5 Animation 2016-10-01 07:53:05

So I made my Flash CS5 animation too large at 1080p and now not even Swivel can finish converting it to an MOV. It just freezes half-way. Probably because off all the PNG backgrounds and MP3's I have in it (streamed, not event).

I want to try resizing the whole file by half to see if it helps. Any other ideas?

In terms of resizing, the way I'm going about it requires me to scale down all objects and their motion paths at the same time. The problem with that is the motion paths not being automatically selected when I click and drag the Selection Tool over all the objects with "Edit Multiple Frames" turned on.

Any suggestions?

BBS Signature

Response to Resizing a Whole CS5 Animation 2016-10-01 08:23:55

At 10/1/16 07:53 AM, spoonyliger wrote: So I made my Flash CS5 animation too large at 1080p and now not even Swivel can finish converting it to an MOV. It just freezes half-way. Probably because off all the PNG backgrounds and MP3's I have in it (streamed, not event).

I want to try resizing the whole file by half to see if it helps. Any other ideas?

In terms of resizing, the way I'm going about it requires me to scale down all objects and their motion paths at the same time. The problem with that is the motion paths not being automatically selected when I click and drag the Selection Tool over all the objects with "Edit Multiple Frames" turned on.

Any suggestions?

Cut your movie into chunks into several FLA's, and then have swivel export smaller fragments. Then combine together in an editing package. Resizing the file may not make a difference as vector information doesn't impact scale. Swivel may be struggling to output large though. Break it into several chunks and export the individual swfs and see if it sticks at the same scene.

BBS Signature

Response to Resizing a Whole CS5 Animation 2016-10-02 10:35:02

That's a viable alternative.

In the end I just had to give up on the MOV format for the H.264 (mp4) one.

MOV was just giving me too much trouble. Even Youtube was having trouble swallowing it whole.

BBS Signature