00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mirenamak just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pit People Beta gameplay!

798 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Pit People Beta gameplay! 2016-09-28 22:12:15

The Pit People pc beta is finally here!
So far it is more than I ever even hoped it could be. There is just SO MUCH content to be discovered!

Here is the first part of my own LP of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwCJDjpyymY

Has anyone else had a chance to poke around in it?
What do you like/dislike so far?

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People Beta gameplay! 2016-09-29 12:07:20

I know you're not looking for a critique on your channel but I really need to put my two cents in.

That intro is channeling way too much of a Game Grumps vibe. And that comes off as awkward when you're doing a one-man LP. I haven't really looked at your page but if you don't normally do LPs with a buddy, then you should consider making a new intro video.

A rule of thumb for LPing (or at least my personal preference) is that you shouldn't put in a facecam unless it's necessary for the LP. You're not streaming and this isn't a horror game, so you don't need a facecam. It's distracting to the game. Even moreso when the facecam screen doesn't stay in one spot for the entire video.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People Beta gameplay! 2016-09-29 13:07:18

At 9/29/16 12:07 PM, Chdonga wrote: I know you're not looking for a critique on your channel but I really need to put my two cents in.

I don't mind the feedback!

That intro is channeling way too much of a Game Grumps vibe. And that comes off as awkward when you're doing a one-man LP. I haven't really looked at your page but if you don't normally do LPs with a buddy, then you should consider making a new intro video.

The channel was very much Game Grumps influenced. And it started out as only videos with 2 or more people. "Graeme Games" that you see above is a recent spin off of that. And the current intro is really just a re-skin of the 2 person intro. I have been meaning to make something new. Maybe I'll hammer that out today?

A rule of thumb for LPing (or at least my personal preference) is that you shouldn't put in a facecam unless it's necessary for the LP. You're not streaming and this isn't a horror game, so you don't need a facecam. It's distracting to the game. Even moreso when the facecam screen doesn't stay in one spot for the entire video.

I used to agree with you 100%
The first time I used Facecam was for a horror game. Then I shelved it again until I played a rage-inducing game.
After using it a handful of times though, I started to change my mind. I was having fun using it, because I felt like I was talking to the audience rather than just to myself!
I am still playing around with it, but I am leaning towards keeping it around in solo LPs.

Thanks for taking the time to give some feedback. I appreciate it!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Pit People Beta gameplay! 2016-09-29 21:48:17

Good job

Response to Pit People Beta gameplay! 2016-10-25 16:10:42

Interesting.