00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ehhhnope just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Any Scary NES Games?

696 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Any Scary NES Games? 2016-09-27 19:17:28

I'm looking to play some old shitty horror games

Response to Any Scary NES Games? 2016-09-27 19:50:38

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Any Scary NES Games? 2016-09-27 20:15:14

Sweet home and Splatterhouse wan paku graffiti though that one's more of a horror comedy in respects towards it's main entries to the series

Response to Any Scary NES Games? 2016-09-29 21:53:28

On the NES? Nowadays, nothing really. LJN's Friday the 13th scared me as a child, because the player never knew where Jason would appear, and he was fairly powerful, though this was primarily because of terrible controls, so you genuinely feel hopeless while defending yourself. Add to that, the game is a race to stop him before he kills off everyone you know, and finishing up with whomever you chose at the start. Worth noting is that every LJN title is absolute shit.

Response to Any Scary NES Games? 2016-10-01 22:57:04

I'm not too sure "horror" was a genre taken seriously in the 80s. From what I can tell, the closest you could come was hack 'n slashes or sidescrolling shooters. Stuff like Ghosts and Goblins, Akumajo Dracula/Castlevania, etc.

I'd say Ghoul School, maybe, just as a horror-THEMED game, as well as the aforementioned.

I was born ready. My eyelashes, alas, were not.

BBS Signature

Response to Any Scary NES Games? 2016-12-14 00:26:52

At 10/1/16 10:57 PM, QueenMasako wrote: I'm not too sure "horror" was a genre taken seriously in the 80s. From what I can tell, the closest you could come was hack 'n slashes or sidescrolling shooters. Stuff like Ghosts and Goblins, Akumajo Dracula/Castlevania, etc.

I'd say Ghoul School, maybe, just as a horror-THEMED game, as well as the aforementioned.

I played Ghoul School
I don't know what but something about it seems childish to me

Response to Any Scary NES Games? 2016-12-14 00:28:07

At 9/29/16 10:03 AM, kanef wrote: the music in this level glitches out nightmarishly. it sounds even worse in game since it changes depending on what you do. apparently its supposed to be level ones theme

I'm just now recognizing that in a JonTron video