00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Darkshark183 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

a program idea!

1,076 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

a program idea! 2016-09-27 19:02:25

i wanted to write a program (but I don't have that skill) for linux that would open the terminal and type sudo apt-get (random 1-4 words) and if it found nothing it would try again. the only time it should stop is when it comes to a choice needed to be in put by person eg. y/n

Response to a program idea! 2016-09-27 23:21:10

At 9/27/16 07:02 PM, creaturefrombelow wrote: i wanted to write a program (but I don't have that skill) for linux that would open the terminal and type sudo apt-get (random 1-4 words) and if it found nothing it would try again. the only time it should stop is when it comes to a choice needed to be in put by person eg. y/n

...why? I can't think of any reason why you'd want to do this. Are you trying to come up with a way to poll all Debian packages...?

Response to a program idea! 2016-09-28 03:18:35

...why? I can't think of any reason why you'd want to do this. Are you trying to come up with a way to poll all Debian packages...?

- randomness harddrive filler
- experimental reasons
- i want to see what happends

Response to a program idea! 2016-10-03 19:29:19

Autoit will do this just fine.

It is easy enough to program in Autoit that you won't need any help whatsoever if you're willing to read the documentation.

Seems to be as simple as some keypresses and mouse actions. Can set it to a hotkey if you want to be fancy or compile it to an exe and even have it show in the system tray.

It's very good for automation.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to a program idea! 2016-10-06 03:04:01

autoit is for windows and this idea would be for a linux