00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

J4CX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"Edgy" being paired with everything

1,859 Views | 25 Replies

Come on, guys. I know most of you are reddit and 4chan regulars and independent thought is a pretty foreign concept overall. But can we stop calling things "edgy"? Just for a little bit? Literally anything people don't like, they label as edgy. They label opinions that contrast with their own as edgy. They label religions (or lack thereof) as edgy. They label fucking EVERYTHING as edgy.

I propose that you stop being mouth dribbling retards and come up with a more creative way to insult things you dislike. Edgy is the new "autistic". Read the fucking definition of edgy before speaking or you'll risk a high chance of looking like a mouth-dribbling retard.

That is all. Discuss words that are overused, and then call me edgy because I'm complaining about the thing that you say and that would be a really clever thing for you to do. Ha ha x D

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 01:09:15

Yeah. I was annoyed by the Edgy Atheists thread too.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 01:16:37

Yeah! Stop calling everything edgy.

Nice thread!

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 01:18:20

At 9/23/16 01:07 AM, TOXlCITY wrote: Discuss words that are overused, and then call me edgy because I'm complaining about the thing that you say and that would be a really clever thing for you to do. Ha ha x D

actually, you're correct. i don't really use the word, to be entirely honest, but people who use the word frequently look retarded.

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 01:23:19

At 9/23/16 01:16 AM, Jin wrote: Yeah! Stop calling everything edgy.

Nice thread!

Let's be honest. Is it really any lower in quality than anything else posted as of late?

I'm sure it's at least equally as important as angelina jolie/brad pitt's divorce or whateverthefuck.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 01:32:17

But in all seriousness I do agree that "edgy" gets thrown around way too much.

Some guy on /vp/ claimed Lycanroc's midnight form was edgy because it had a red & black color scheme and angry eyes.
Like holy shit. You're seriously grasping if you think this pokemon is edgy. It's a werewolf. It's supposed to look scary.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 01:33:57

I think when most people call something or someone edgy i assume its because someone is being an unnecessary asshole

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

At 9/23/16 01:35 AM, Ishmaelist wrote: People already stopped calling everything edgy.

You fucking edgelord.

i don't know if you're trying to be funny or if you're legitimately serious

i'm gonna hope for the former, but you seem like you have a chunk of your brain missing either way.

your sig also makes me want to kill myself

BBS Signature

At 9/23/16 01:59 AM, Ishmaelist wrote: Stop being such a fucking edgetard. It's a well known fact that I have the best signature on newgrounds.

i take back everything i said i've quickly grown to love you

At 9/23/16 02:02 AM, Xenomit wrote: I've found that if people dislike someone's opinions, or even just someone who's stating facts, they start spewing the word "edgy" as though that invalidates anything they're saying.

that's my issue with it

BBS Signature

At 9/23/16 02:21 AM, Ishmaelist wrote: Yours doesn't even look like you put any effort into it.

i basically photoshopped a system of a down album cover for about 5 minutes

so, that's a reasonable assertion.

though i can say the same about yours

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 02:30:42

when I call people edgy, I mean it as a compliment. I wish I was edgy. They are hypercubes, while I'm just a mere square.

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 02:39:44

At 9/23/16 02:30 AM, S3C wrote: when I call people edgy, I mean it as a compliment. I wish I was edgy. They are hypercubes, while I'm just a mere square.

you don't call people edgy you fucking poser

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 03:11:56

At 9/23/16 02:39 AM, TOXlCITY wrote:
At 9/23/16 02:30 AM, S3C wrote: when I call people edgy, I mean it as a compliment. I wish I was edgy. They are hypercubes, while I'm just a mere square.
you don't call people edgy you fucking poser

you're right, my bad. I've lost control of my life and made a poor habit of personifying shapes.

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 03:13:17

At 9/23/16 03:11 AM, S3C wrote: you're right, my bad. I've lost control of my life and made a poor habit of personifying shapes.

i meant that looking through your posts, you don't call people edgy

n00b

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 03:48:52

At 9/23/16 01:32 AM, Chdonga wrote:
Some guy on /vp/ claimed Lycanroc's midnight form was edgy because it had a red & black color scheme and angry eyes.
Like holy shit. You're seriously grasping if you think this pokemon is edgy.

It does look like an emo.

It's a werewolf. It's supposed to look scary.

Is it a werewolf?
It has two forms depending on what game it was evolved in, but that's it. I was expecting some kind of transition back and forth between two forms.

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 03:55:05

Stop being so edgy

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 04:01:53

At 9/23/16 03:55 AM, ragnkinson wrote: Stop being so edgy

see, it takes the humor out of it when i say people are going to retort with that.

stop being so mentally handicapped

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 04:03:49

At 9/23/16 04:01 AM, TOXlCITY wrote:
At 9/23/16 03:55 AM, ragnkinson wrote: Stop being so edgy
see, it takes the humor out of it when i say people are going to retort with that.

stop being so mentally handicapped

If you didn't notice, I was actually being ironic

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 04:19:54

At 9/23/16 04:03 AM, ragnkinson wrote:
If you didn't notice, I was actually being ironic

since we're breaking character, i admit i was too.

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 07:19:14

I'd like to think I'm a little edgy because I use Microsoft Edge.

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 08:22:37

edgy = internet

attention!!!! attention!!! give me attention!!! = the motive

me = meh

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 10:46:43

At 9/23/16 08:22 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: edgy = internet

attention!!!! attention!!! give me attention!!! = the motive

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MWGciuLuH8k

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 10:49:36

At 9/23/16 01:07 AM, TOXlCITY wrote: I propose that you stop being mouth dribbling retards and come up with a more creative way to insult things you dislike.

Nigge-...

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

At 9/23/16 10:55 AM, MemeFiend3 wrote: I don't think It's really "anything they don't like" and more like things they don't consider good; something they perceive as morally bad that they can't comprehend doing or supporting, so they have to assume you're just putting on an "edgy" act for attention.

The troll is edgy to the white knight, the atheist is edgy to the christian, the political extremist is edgy to the moderate, the 4channer is edgy to the tumblrina, etc. etc.

^
Spot on observation captain MemeFiend3. I did name some atheist edgy because they have 0 percent respect when talking about other people's beliefs, but there are atheist who don't just bash religion just because it's the truth, it's pointless to be honest. Edgy atheist tend to not state what is true just because it's true, they want to state it to make people with religion feel like an idiot because of their beliefs.

Edit: In conclusion, I did not use Edgy as a word of insult, I used it because that best describes them, at least in my "opinion"

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 13:26:04

"edgy" is supposed to mean "on the cutting edge; advante gaurde; ahead of it's time; on the furthest border of progressive thought"

Instead people think it's means "cutting and unnecessary hurtful".

You are all fucking idiots.

Emotion is the enemy of logic.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to "Edgy" being paired with everything 2016-09-23 18:29:40

I'm so edgy, Shadow the damn Hedgehog is like a girl scout selling cookies to me.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0