00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hardest nes game

693 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hardest nes game 2016-09-22 02:55:14

What is the hardest nes game?

Response to Hardest nes game 2016-09-22 06:50:11

At 9/22/16 02:55 AM, goku4eternity wrote: What is the hardest nes game?

Takeshi's Challenge

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest nes game 2016-09-23 01:23:08

and what is the hardest game in CellPhone

Response to Hardest nes game 2016-09-23 04:55:54

probably battletoads

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest nes game 2016-09-24 12:33:15

Battletoads

Response to Hardest nes game 2016-09-25 13:51:03

The most insufferable NES game for me is Robo Warrior. I can't stand it, and I've beaten shit like Ninja Gaiden III and Castlevania III (US). Hell I even speedrun Shadow Warriors :_:

Response to Hardest nes game 2016-09-25 14:13:15 (edited 2016-09-25 14:13:58)

At 9/25/16 01:51 PM, GreenSoap wrote: The most insufferable NES game for me is Robo Warrior. I can't stand it, and I've beaten shit like Ninja Gaiden III and Castlevania III (US). Hell I even speedrun Shadow Warriors :_:

Don't hear Robowarrior come up in conversation much, I could never get passed the first level as a kid and then when I started replaying and beating NES games in my twenties I couldn't be bothered to get much further than the second boss. Everytime I made progress I'd have to restart because I didn't stockpile enough of the right items early on in the game. You have to keep playing it over and over until you find enough of the secret areas to grab items while learning how to play through levels efficiently (some levels loop infinitely until you find the key) to deal with the fact that your health is constantly draining.

It's almost a joke that you can continue from the level you're on after you run out of lives because you lose half your items and your upgrades so you're pretty much fucked and have to restart.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest nes game 2016-09-25 15:10:43

At 9/25/16 02:13 PM, Jercurpac wrote:
At 9/25/16 01:51 PM, GreenSoap wrote: The most insufferable NES game for me is Robo Warrior. I can't stand it, and I've beaten shit like Ninja Gaiden III and Castlevania III (US). Hell I even speedrun Shadow Warriors :_:
Don't hear Robowarrior come up in conversation much, I could never get passed the first level as a kid and then when I started replaying and beating NES games in my twenties I couldn't be bothered to get much further than the second boss. Everytime I made progress I'd have to restart because I didn't stockpile enough of the right items early on in the game. You have to keep playing it over and over until you find enough of the secret areas to grab items while learning how to play through levels efficiently (some levels loop infinitely until you find the key) to deal with the fact that your health is constantly draining.

It's almost a joke that you can continue from the level you're on after you run out of lives because you lose half your items and your upgrades so you're pretty much fucked and have to restart.

I'm fine with cryptic stuff, especially in nes games - it's almost to be expected - but the fact that you gotta find batteries all the time to keep you from dying is the real shitkicker. I can't focus having the fact that I am slowly dying in mind. ;_;

I got RoboWarrior with the console, and I got to the 2nd stage I think, the brown-ish one. Almost beat it too, 'cause I remember seeing the exit, but I guess I died on the way there...

Do you remember the story? The cutscene in the beginning, you know. Never got it.

Pretty good, but triggering music though o:

Response to Hardest nes game 2017-02-13 10:55:47

Ninja Gaiden

Hi, Follow? :3

BBS Signature

Response to Hardest nes game 2017-02-14 08:15:14

Ninja Gaiden and Takeshi's Challenge