00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Upgrading to the S7 Edge?

324 Views | 1 Reply

Is the S7 Edge worth upgrading to from the S5 Active? It looks swanky and all, but I don't know. The bigger battery would be nice, and the camera is insane, but it looks like a breaking hazard with that screen. It's got Gorilla Glass 4, so it's pretty fucking tuff, but still..
Anyone here have one? What's it really like? Do you love it to bits?
Best phone evar?

Upgrading to the S7 Edge?

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature

Response to Upgrading to the S7 Edge? 2016-09-20 21:17:35

I've had the GS7 Edge since April or so. It is a very sexy phone. The battery is pretty good and I appreciate the water resistance.

Is it delicate? Well anything that you sammich with 2 pieces of glass is going to be fragile. The spousal unit has cracked 2 regular Galaxy S7s. I've had mine in a clear TPU case for most of it's life and have flung it to the ground a few times in stupors with no ill effect.

I believe it is a worthy upgrade from a GS5 in a lot of ways, not least of which timely security patches. My t-mobile GS7e has been receiving regular monthly security software updates. I also upgraded to it from the Note 5 and found it runs smoother and doesn't get as warm when chugging along with multiple apps/games/navigation/music all going on.

Since you have a GS5 Active I bet your'e on AT&T. Have you considered the Galaxy S7 Active? It's still water resistant but also buttugly shock resistant too.

I'm really hoping the Note 7 gets back in stock soon because that was going to be my next upgrade. It seems to be a bigger GS7edge with a stylus. Even though I didn't use the stylus much I still liked it for a few things like selecting text on pages that for whatever reason didn't allow the native text select thing (like google hangouts...why can't I just select some text from a SMS?!?!)

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature