00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are terrorists just acting dumb

473 Views | 12 Replies

Are terrorists just acting dumb 2016-09-19 10:44:51

I feel like throughout the last year or so, every attack (in America) has been kinda small scale compared to attacks in other countries.
I mean we've all heard about it so I don't really need to explain any of them, especially in the last few days, but I guess I have some questions on your opinions of the attackers/ ISIS.

1. Do you think these are actually ISIS attacks, or is ISIS just using them to hype themselves?
Personally I think an 'organized' terrorist group would be...better at it?

2. Do you think American law enforcement is just really good at preventing loss of life, or is it just luck/ a mess up on the attacker's end.
The New Jersey attack or whatever happened minutes before a marathon would've been ran. It's either pure luck that the bomb went off early, or the bomber is just completely stupid.

3. People overreact to very 'small' attacks, like ones that don't even injure people- do you think this works against us?
Personally I think so because it distracts us. Not in some conspiracy way, it just actually distracts people from other issues.

I don't wanna make this too long so I'll just stop with one more question.

4. Are you personally worried about terrorism where you live?
Whether you live in the US or not, there's plenty of stuff going on without terrorism to worry about- so do you really even think about it?

Response to Are terrorists just acting dumb 2016-09-19 10:48:27

Honestly... I think a lot of the American attacks are wannabe attacks. Plain and simple...

But screwballs are everywhere... so yes I do worry about attacks. Personally, I think that Radical Jihadist should be classified as a mental illness. That way we could justifiably lock up people who follow radical islam

I think America has a good security in terms of keeping foreign terrorists out of the country but terror attacks by american terrorists is a whole other story. That's why I think most of the attacks that recently took place in the US aren't done by IS.
Kinda explains why they're so amateuristic.

Response to Are terrorists just acting dumb 2016-09-19 15:07:46

I think the FBI is just really good and preventing terrorist attacks. But the terrorists who committed the bombings were incompetent as fuck, and they could have caused a lot more damage and death. I worry that a big attack is in the making, a bombing and shooting attack like with Paris.

The color of your skin is your uniform in this ultimate battle for the survival of the West.

Response to Are terrorists just acting dumb 2016-09-19 18:10:45

Also one of the bomb plot was foiled because someone wanted to steal the bag so it got disarmed when it was removed from the bag and tossed into the trash.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Are terrorists just acting dumb 2016-09-19 20:56:45

If they were smart, they wouldn't spread panic for no reason

Response to Are terrorists just acting dumb 2016-09-20 01:43:07

At 9/19/16 09:12 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: im just wondering when they'll figure out that bombs arent that effective

Yeah, the terrorist could have killed many if he used some guns.

The color of your skin is your uniform in this ultimate battle for the survival of the West.

Response to Are terrorists just acting dumb 2016-09-20 04:29:00

At 9/19/16 10:44 AM, BrandonIsNear wrote: I feel like throughout the last year or so, every attack (in America) has been kinda small scale compared to attacks in other countries.
I mean we've all heard about it so I don't really need to explain any of them, especially in the last few days, but I guess I have some questions on your opinions of the attackers/ ISIS.

1. Do you think these are actually ISIS attacks, or is ISIS just using them to hype themselves?

It seems like any mass shooting or stabbing or whatever that takes place here in the US is claimed by ISIS. They want to claim responsibility for anything that could scare people. I think a lot of it is just hype.

Whether you live in the US or not, there's plenty of stuff going on without terrorism to worry about- so do you really even think about it?

There was actually 10 stabbings that happened at a mall about an hour and a half from where I live a couple of days ago and ISIS claims responsibility for it. There's no proof yet that the guy who committed the stabbings was linked to ISIS, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Are terrorists just acting dumb 2016-09-20 05:24:51

At 9/19/16 10:44 AM, BrandonIsNear wrote: I feel like throughout the last year or so, every attack (in America) has been kinda small scale compared to attacks in other countries.

I would say this is mostly ISIS just hyping themselves. Every time in the past year that a terrorist attack occurred in the world and it was reasonably well covered ISIS took credit. There is no way they are responsible for all of them, seeing as they're having their own problems holding territory in Iraq and Syria. They may have inspired a few, but that is a far cry from being actively involved.

At 9/19/16 10:44 AM, BrandonIsNear wrote:
2. Do you think American law enforcement is just really good at preventing loss of life, or is it just luck/ a mess up on the attacker's end.

American Law enforcement may be a bit better at preventing terrorist attacks then in other countries, but I tend to think we also have a more contained problem then in other countries. Countries, like France and Belgium are closer to Islamic Terrorist hotbeds in the Middle East, have a larger percentage of their population from that region, and more sustained migration. Also any organization, even a terrorist organization, is going to operate more competently closer to home where it is easier to resupply their operations. Europe is closer to the Middle East than the USA.

Countries in Europe, specifically Western Europe, where most of the recent Islamic terrorist attacks have occurred are also relatively small countries compared to the USA, China, and Russia so they have more limited resources to bring to bear against a problem like this. I'd like to think our law enforcement is more competent and perhaps they are, but it is also partly based on luck they we haven't had more fatalities in the terrorist attacks in the USA.

At 9/19/16 10:44 AM, BrandonIsNear wrote: The New Jersey attack or whatever happened minutes before a marathon would've been ran. It's either pure luck that the bomb went off early, or the bomber is just completely stupid.

The bomber failed to kill or mortally wound anyone even though he set up some half a dozen bombs. I would say that is mostly due to the bomber's stupidity, but also in part due to luck. If that bomb had went off on time this could have been a very different story.

At 9/19/16 10:44 AM, BrandonIsNear wrote: 3. People overreact to very 'small' attacks, like ones that don't even injure people- do you think this works against us?
Personally I think so because it distracts us. Not in some conspiracy way, it just actually distracts people from other issues.

Terrorist attacks meant to kill and injure, but they also meant to terrorize. To the extent that they change people's actions through fear they are at least partially successful, which is part of the reason why we're seeing more of them lately. 24/7 media coverage doesn't help either as fame and infamy have a lot of the same results and copycat bombers will look at this one and think that maybe this is something they could do.

I think about it more than I used to. Before September 11th the most deadly terrorist attack in the United States was the Oklahoma City bombing. Afterwards the threat of another large scale Islamic terrorist attack became the bigger, or at least the scarier threat. Still, I don't think about it that often. It's not like there is much of anything I can personally do to make a difference either way. You can drive slower and safer to reduce your chances of dying in a car crash. You can reduce your late night hours or avoid more dangerous locations to reduce your chances of getting shot or stabbed. You can eat healthier and exercise to reduce your chances of a heart attack or other health issues. What can you do to reduce your chances, however small of dying in a terrorist attack? Not much.

Response to Are terrorists just acting dumb 2016-09-20 07:09:06

At 9/19/16 10:44 AM, BrandonIsNear wrote:

Lone wolves. They are inspired by Daesh, but acknowledged only after the act.

Both. Terrorizing is quite easy.

3. People overreact to very 'small' attacks, like ones that don't even injure people- do you think this works against us?

Attacks that 'don't even injure' might've and indicate a willingness to hurt.

Perhaps.

I am not worried. I am aware of terrorism.

It is a part of life, seen in news every week. Ignoring terror is self deception.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Are terrorists just acting dumb 2016-09-20 19:10:26

Hehehe

Response to Are terrorists just acting dumb 2016-09-21 11:05:12

I'm really gonna bust if I don't take a piss immediately!

Are terrorists just acting dumb

BBS Signature

Response to Are terrorists just acting dumb 2016-09-21 18:24:15

They don't even speak any cognitive english, they are gibberish speeling morons that like to blow shit up, they honestly have no morals, they need to be wiped out, they harm people over their religion, they are evil, fuck them.

BBS Signature