00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

knehzoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Raeldor's Art

597 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Raeldor's Art 2016-09-15 09:30:05

Hello art portal!

I am a poor gamedev that lately started to do a lot of pixel art to practice my low skills so I can get better over time.

And now that I have more than four art submitted I want to show it to you all and get feedback!

Here it goes:

Raeldor's Art

It's good to learn something new every day!

Trying to develop games, music and art.

Follow my work!

Response to Raeldor's Art 2016-09-15 09:30:23

Another:

Raeldor's Art

Follow my work!

Response to Raeldor's Art 2016-09-15 09:30:49

Another:

Raeldor's Art

Follow my work!

Response to Raeldor's Art 2016-09-15 09:31:06

Another:

Raeldor's Art

Follow my work!

Response to Raeldor's Art 2016-09-15 09:31:16

Another:

Raeldor's Art

Follow my work!

Response to Raeldor's Art 2016-09-15 09:32:26

I have one that is a little offensive and I don't condone any actions done by those people on the image but thought of a fun game abouth them playing golf.

Should I post it here?

Follow my work!

Response to Raeldor's Art 2016-09-15 13:18:13

Your work looks great! The backgrounds and characters you have work really well together! It's nice to see how you build entire scenes with pixels.
If you don't mind me recommending reworking your palettes a bit. Some of the differences between your hues and tones are subtle, but in other places the contrast is a bit more intense. While this variance can be utilized for effects with distance and texture, it seems a little inconsistent in some of your work.
Overall though, your sense of colour is really great! You do a great job with greens, which can be really difficult in pixels.
I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Response to Raeldor's Art 2016-09-16 06:17:31

At 9/15/16 01:18 PM, moawling wrote: Your work looks great! The backgrounds and characters you have work really well together! It's nice to see how you build entire scenes with pixels.
If you don't mind me recommending reworking your palettes a bit. Some of the differences between your hues and tones are subtle, but in other places the contrast is a bit more intense. While this variance can be utilized for effects with distance and texture, it seems a little inconsistent in some of your work.
Overall though, your sense of colour is really great! You do a great job with greens, which can be really difficult in pixels.
I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Thanks!

I love the feedback. I'll be more careful with the contrast, probably the greens look better because I spent a lot of time on trial and error, on other colors not so much.

Follow my work!

Response to Raeldor's Art 2016-09-16 06:39:54

Some good work, man. "Valesja and Landscape" is very nice. I'm no expert on pixel art, but I do love it (I plan to dabble in it sooner or later). If you haven't already, check out a website called pixeljoint.com. It's devoted to pixel art, and there's some really good tips in their forums.

http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12795

There's a really nice color palette in this link that I've fallen in love with. The user who made it is called Dawnbringer. I'm using it at the moment as a base color reference for a short two page comic I'm making.

Keep at it :-)

Response to Raeldor's Art 2016-09-17 06:39:52

At 9/16/16 06:39 AM, CollectiveSin wrote: Some good work, man. "Valesja and Landscape" is very nice. I'm no expert on pixel art, but I do love it (I plan to dabble in it sooner or later). If you haven't already, check out a website called pixeljoint.com. It's devoted to pixel art, and there's some really good tips in their forums.

http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12795

There's a really nice color palette in this link that I've fallen in love with. The user who made it is called Dawnbringer. I'm using it at the moment as a base color reference for a short two page comic I'm making.

Keep at it :-)

Thanks fot the link, I will look there when I need info for the pallettes, Looks like mine need a little more work, right now I'm using whichever colour I find good.

Follow my work!

Response to Raeldor's Art 2016-09-29 10:00:35

New art!

This is the cover art for my next game, I hope you like it, I've also uploaded on my profile page.

Raeldor's Art

Follow my work!

Response to Raeldor's Art 2017-01-21 06:43:00 (edited 2017-01-21 06:43:46)

Happy pixel day!

I did this painting in my spare time this week, and i had to rush it a little bit but I'm happy with the results.

Raeldor's Art

Follow my work!

Response to Raeldor's Art 2017-01-23 09:54:41

I liked the first two and I really liked the last one. I would suggest adding a bit more contrast to your work, the earlier ones are really flat.

Response to Raeldor's Art 2017-02-24 10:46:09

Here is a new one I finished today I've been working on and off on it for several days and I'm pretty proud on it.

I used the same 16-color palette.

Raeldor's Art

Follow my work!