00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Hillary health issue not conspiracy

550 Views | 12 Replies

I don't know why some say its a conspiracy theory? I mean its clear as day. She stopped "Shaked like in a seizure" almost fell down before leaving in a car. Why do some insist its a conspiracy?

It happend during 9/11 memorial more or less, leaving very early.

Response to Hillary health issue not conspiracy 2016-09-12 11:33:11

At 9/12/16 02:59 AM, lapis wrote: And in any case it does seem very irresponsible to send a 68-year-old with pneumonia out to attend a several-hour ceremony in the sun.

Very true. Then again, some events only happen once. It shows that she's willing to put her own comfortaside when something big needs her there.

At 9/12/16 02:59 AM, lapis wrote: But their strategy would only work if her health didn't deteriorate further and it did. So in a way they gambled and lost.

Yeah. Two things are happening here:

1) The conspiracy theories are now given the illusion of credibility (the Infowars crowd specifically focused on seizures and Parkinson's as you noted, not pneumonia, so bear in mind they weren't actually correct about anything in that regard), so we'll be hearing plenty more of that, and

2) The fact that she was diagnosed on Friday further feeds into the perception that Hillary lacks transparency, which is at the core of her 'untrustworthy' branding, which really isn't all that unfounded tbh.

That said, after the lost e-mail and the BitBleach and the DNC top conspiring against Sanders, this is yet another dent in the credibility of the DNC.

It's debatable how much culpability the DNC bears for the examples you listed, but they really had no involvement in this situation AFAIK. This was most likely 100% a decision made within the campaign, so if any bad judgement exists (there's certainly a case to be made for that), it's at the hands of Hillary and her campaign staff, and possibly her doctor if she wasn't instructed to take a few days off from campaigning.

At 9/12/16 11:33 AM, Camarohusky wrote: Very true. Then again, some events only happen once. It shows that she's willing to put her own comfortaside when something big needs her there.

I don't know how effective this talking point will be, but I think it's a very relatable sentiment if you ignore the political context. Most of us have gotten sick at one point in our lives, so we have some idea of how difficult it is to be a normal functioning human being while bed ridden with the flu/pneumonia/mono etc. The fact that Hillary even attempted to continue to campaign while having pneumonia is kinda hardcore, but I don't think her getting sick is the actual issue here. This isn't another McCain situation where the VP hasn't even been vetted and is clearly unprepared for assuming the role as POTUS should something happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Hillary health issue not conspiracy 2016-09-12 21:12:21

I think she was damned if she did, damned if she didn't. If she didn't go, and cited the pneumonia, people would have called her a liar, unpatriotic, and/or "she's too unhealthy to be President". But by going, and this happening, while yes people will ask questions, she can spin it as "yes I was sick, but this goes back to everything I've been saying about being able to put my needs aside to make the tough decisions this job requires". So in the end, I think she made the best decision she could under the circumstances, it's the one that she can spin to her advantage best.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Hillary health issue not conspiracy 2016-09-14 08:51:36

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have a president with lung problems than one with brain problems. But it's not my choice anyway, so fuck it.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Hillary health issue not conspiracy 2016-09-16 05:11:24

At 9/14/16 08:51 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: Call me crazy, but I'd rather have a president with lung problems than one with brain problems. But it's not my choice anyway, so fuck it.

Just because some are experts in their fields doesn't make them good leaders. The so called useful tools, i am looking at Angela Merkel who is doing well for the moment

Response to Hillary health issue not conspiracy 2016-09-16 10:10:46

A President's health can be an issue, but remember that JFK led us through the Cuban Missile Crisis while suffering from Addison's and back problems. FDR led us through the Depression and WWII with polio.

Response to Hillary health issue not conspiracy 2016-09-16 13:26:47

At 9/12/16 11:33 AM, Camarohusky wrote:
Very true. Then again, some events only happen once. It shows that she's willing to put her own comfortaside when something big needs her there.

nah, just another page in the book of hilary climbing to the presidency by any means possible.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Hillary health issue not conspiracy 2016-09-19 01:08:03

This video made me laugh.

1:00 is my favorite part.

Response to Hillary health issue not conspiracy 2016-09-19 18:35:09

At 9/16/16 10:10 AM, Ranger2 wrote: FDR led us through the Depression and WWII with polio.

Going a little off topic here. But FDR may not have had polio, he may have had Guillain-Barre syndrome instead.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to Hillary health issue not conspiracy 2016-09-19 18:42:40

I don't think the problem is the pneumonia, but rather the cover-up. It adds credence to the "untrustworthy" image people have of Hillary, as some folks in this thread have mentioned. I think most people would understand if the campaign released some sort of statement saying "Hillary has pneumonia and her doctor told her to take a week off," because left untreated, it can be serious.

I don't think the pneumonia is a big deal in and of itself, but if incidents such as coughing fits and fainting become a recurring theme, then one can legitimately start to ask questions.

At 9/19/16 06:42 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: I don't think the problem is the pneumonia, but rather the cover-up. It adds credence to the "untrustworthy" image people have of Hillary, as some folks in this thread have mentioned. I think most people would understand if the campaign released some sort of statement saying "Hillary has pneumonia and her doctor told her to take a week off," because left untreated, it can be serious.

As mentioned earlier on here, she's damned if she did, damned if she didn't. If she admit to pneumonia her opposition would jump all over it (due to the stupid conspiracy that she's in failing health, which by the way this incident doesn't prove), and if she kept it a secret then... well, this happens. The best case for her, sadly, would've been if she powered through it and no one noticed, but that's not an option now.

She got hit with life circumstances at a bad time. People will spin it to win it, but honestly nothing she could do would've done her any good.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Hillary health issue not conspiracy 2016-09-19 19:27:28

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump brought this up again during the debate next week, it's probably not a bad idea for his campaign to keep the issue of her health in the headlines as much as possible.

BBS Signature