00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

deadenddraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

CM Punk Loses

397 Views | 8 Replies

CM Punk Loses 2016-09-10 23:57:37

This might belong in the WWE club more than anything, as they're probably more interested in it, but since he hasn't been under contract with WWE for 2 years I'm putting it here.

CM Punk lost his UFC debut fight against Mickey Gall, and the difference between the two was humongous. Mickey has a brown belt in Jiu Jutsu and showed his dominance from the first take down, Punk landed a shot from the bottom but that was all he could manage before Mickey had his back and choked him out.

Punk says he isn't done, it would be nice to see him fight a more standup fighter but I don't see him staying long in the UFC; guys that have trained all their life to fight will pick him apart since his only training comes from his spare time in WWE and the last two years.

Thoughts?

BBS Signature

Response to CM Punk Loses 2016-09-11 00:40:13

At 9/11/16 12:28 AM, Homicidee wrote: well wwe is fake. ufc isn't.

It's true

Response to CM Punk Loses 2016-09-11 01:35:35

Yeah, but those guys in the WWE still work out like crazy. You think they'd be able to put up a fight in the UFC ring.

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to CM Punk Loses 2016-09-11 01:38:13

Unsurprisingly, many of the WWE fighters who have attempted MMA haven't done too well, but several were surprising from what I've heard.

Response to CM Punk Loses 2016-09-11 04:44:49

At 9/11/16 01:35 AM, KillerSkull wrote:
Yeah, but those guys in the WWE still work out like crazy. You think they'd be able to put up a fight in the UFC ring.

Physical conditioning doesn't mean much in a fight if you on't have the training or skill to back it up, which is what lots of people fail to realize.

That being said, I'd like to have seen Meng in his prime go the MMA path rather than follow a wrestling career, he would have been a dominate heavyweight.

BBS Signature

Response to CM Punk Loses 2016-09-11 04:48:52

At 9/11/16 01:38 AM, CiviLies wrote: Unsurprisingly, many of the WWE fighters who have attempted MMA haven't done too well, but several were surprising from what I've heard.

Batista didn't do very well, Brock Lesnar was heavy champ in the UFC for a while, Bobby Lashley has an impressive record, and there are a few others.

I'd have liked to have seen Kurt Angle do MMA back in his prime, but above everyone else, Meng doing MMA would have been a sight to behold, I don't think there's a person alive that could have stopped him.

BBS Signature

Response to CM Punk Loses 2016-09-11 09:08:17

He should've jobbed to Triple H.

At 9/11/16 04:48 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote:
At 9/11/16 01:38 AM, CiviLies wrote: Unsurprisingly, many of the WWE fighters who have attempted MMA haven't done too well, but several were surprising from what I've heard.
Batista didn't do very well, Brock Lesnar was heavy champ in the UFC for a while, Bobby Lashley has an impressive record, and there are a few others.

Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn also. The Undertaker also wanted to give MMA a shot in the late 90's or early 2000's.

At 9/11/16 12:40 AM, VenomationsTV wrote:
It's true

Daily reminder that the biggest draw in UFC history is Brock Lesnar, a guy who quit because wrestling was too hard for him and now when he competes in a wrestling match can't go 2 minutes without being drenched in sweat.

CM Punk Loses

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to CM Punk Loses 2016-09-11 17:31:55

At 9/11/16 09:08 AM, Radaketor wrote:
Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn also. The Undertaker also wanted to give MMA a shot in the late 90's or early 2000's.
Daily reminder that the biggest draw in UFC history is Brock Lesnar, a guy who quit because wrestling was too hard for him and now when he competes in a wrestling match can't go 2 minutes without being drenched in sweat.

Astounded I forgot about Ken Shamrock, my all time favorite fighter; he was there before there was money in fighting and paved the way for everyone else.

Brock also has 285 pounds to carry on his frame, even if he's conditioned properly (which I believe he is) he's going to sweat.

BBS Signature

Response to CM Punk Loses 2016-09-12 06:54:08

At 9/11/16 05:31 PM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: Brock also has 285 pounds to carry on his frame, even if he's conditioned properly (which I believe he is) he's going to sweat.

Big Show, Kane and Yokozuna all out-weighted him and did didn't get drenched in sweat like Lesnar, and you'd imagine at least Big Show and Yokozuna would have much less cardio considering they were essentially tubs of lard.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature