00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Unscouting

736 Views | 4 Replies

Now, before you lock this thread, here me out.
I am in no way asking to be scouted again.
However, I was unscouted from the art portal and I don't even know what I did.
I didn't break any rules, so I feel like artists who get unscouted should get a reason in their notifications.
I scouted 6 people who I know didn't steal anything and were good artists. I was scouted by a person of that description as well, so they all had to suffer. That isn't a very good system.
I think we should have people who moderate that kind of stuff and then they only unscout the person / people who broke the rules. Because other people shouldn't have to suffer the consequences of another person's actions.
Is there anyway to do that?

Response to Unscouting 2016-09-09 13:55:57

@Bit - I'm too shy about laying down some truth bombs on this kid. Please help.

BBS Signature

Response to Unscouting 2016-09-09 13:59:23 (edited 2016-09-09 14:01:19)

At 9/9/16 01:54 PM, VenomationsTV wrote: However, I was unscouted from the art portal and I don't even know what I did.
I didn't break any rules, so I feel like artists who get unscouted should get a reason in their notifications.

It's not "breaking the rules" gets you unscouted, it is the QUALITY of the work that you have in your profile. I believe @Radiodark, an art mod mentioned this before:

"We have a scouting system to encourage beginners like yourself to improve your skillsets and to make sure that visitors don't have to trawl through mediocre pieces to see worthwhile ones. Your work, and I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings, is not yet up that standard."

So basically in order to get scouted, your artwork would have to be REALLY good, and I mean at a decent, close-to-professional good.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but that's how the Art Portal works.

Though I get it you might have received a Scout invite from a Scouted person, but that Scouter should've known better for analyzing your quality. I have a feeling he might take a bigger fall for this situation.

Response to Unscouting 2016-09-09 14:04:25

At 9/9/16 01:54 PM, VenomationsTV wrote: However, I was unscouted from the art portal and I don't even know what I did.

I think this was already explained here.

I scouted 6 people who I know didn't steal anything and were good artists. I was scouted by a person of that description as well, so they all had to suffer. That isn't a very good system.

It prevents blanket scouting of other users. If you're invited to be scouted, you should really take a look at who is scouting you to make sure that it's not a user that slipped through the cracks and is trying to scout all their friends who make poor art and music.

I think we should have people who moderate that kind of stuff and then they only unscout the person / people who broke the rules.

If you feel that you've been unfairly pruned, you can always PM a moderator!

BBS Signature

Response to Unscouting 2016-09-09 14:38:59

I think this has been explained well enough here and elsewhere, and besides that, this is not the correct forum for this.