00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sinbad118 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Profile Image recommendations

376 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Profile Image recommendations 2016-09-03 22:26:12

This is my first time using the Newgrounds Forums, so I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place for this thread.

As I am building some new games and probably uploading them here on Newgrounds, I may want to add images here to give some unique feel to my profile.

Question is, what should those images be? I'm not sure if for now, I should just stick with simple images, or that I would have to go overboard and use something more than Inkscape. Right now, I'm thinking of simply using a portrait of me in my Profile Thumbnail and my name in styled letters in front of some basic background as my Profile Cover Photo.

What do you recommend I look at, or what ideas do you have in mind? Better yet, are there any existing threads here that give explanations on designing catchy images that capture people's attention?

Response to Profile Image recommendations 2016-09-04 05:09:47

There's really no standard when it comes to profile images. A lot of users have portraits, but it doesn't necessarily need to be them, just a face that matches their name, or an expression they want to convey, or someone/thing they're a fan of. If you want to remain somewhat anonymous, you don't need to have a personal image. If you are comfortable being you, though, that's fine too. User icons are smaller, so it's more often used for just a face, whereas the profile picture can be anything. An artwork, a quote, just a regular photo - anything. If you want to get inspiration there's plenty of profiles to browse through. ;) Myself, I use my 'icon' as my icon, and an actual picture on my profile.

Reasoning: the profile's a more personal place - it's my own page, but the icon is directly connected to my name everywhere else, on submissions, posts, reviews, etc. That's the image that everyone will see. The user image is the one they'll see if they want to know more about you.

If you need help with making a user icon btw, there's also a crew that might help out with that: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1364988/12

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature