00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BWWAA-LORD-OF-DUCKS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

HELP ME MAKE A WEB COMIC

398 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

HELP ME MAKE A WEB COMIC 2016-08-29 03:09:36

Hello everybody!
I recently have been inspired to make a web comic.
I have a plot, premise, and characters. However, I am not talented at art at all.
I would like to do it in a manga style.

THERE IS A CATCH
You won't be paid. I know this is no big deal to some of you, but for others it is a deal breaker. I'm sorry.

But that is all!
Post your BEST manga / anime drawing down below, and if you hold a lot of potential I will message you my skype information so we can talk more about things regarding the comic.
Good luck to all who wish to audition!

Response to HELP ME MAKE A WEB COMIC 2016-08-29 09:33:26

At 8/29/16 03:09 AM, DahProGamers wrote: Hello everybody!
I recently have been inspired to make a web comic.
I have a plot, premise, and characters. However, I am not talented at art at all.
I would like to do it in a manga style.

THERE IS A CATCH
You won't be paid. I know this is no big deal to some of you, but for others it is a deal breaker. I'm sorry.

But that is all!
Post your BEST manga / anime drawing down below, and if you hold a lot of potential I will message you my skype information so we can talk more about things regarding the comic.
Good luck to all who wish to audition!

I think you would have better luck if you made up some sample panels, in MS Paint with stick figures.. Like storyboards. Create a few panels and prove to people that you have a great story (not the whole thing, just a snippet), and you may garner some interest in your project that would get an artist excited to work with you on it.

Generally when an experienced artist knows they'll be unpaid, it just feels unbalanced to begin with.

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to HELP ME MAKE A WEB COMIC 2016-08-29 10:52:14

At 8/29/16 03:09 AM, DahProGamers wrote: THERE IS A CATCH

It IS a big deal for most artists. I think you need to research the art industry before making that wild assumption.

Response to HELP ME MAKE A WEB COMIC 2016-08-29 13:59:36

I think that's improper to ask for free work without even writing the premise or showing your idea in any way. It makes you look unproffessional, almost like a child that has a whim. I highly doubt that anyone will respond to your offer.