00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DoctorSpectre just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Inspiration and competition

312 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Inspiration and competition 2016-08-24 15:31:03

Years ago when I drew a bunch, it always helped that I had a friend who was a little better than me to keep me motivated to work hard. I don't really have any friends who work in game dev or are currently learning. Is there any kind of group of regulars or dev channel where people hang out? Or is my best bet just to make weekly or bi weekly topics asking about people's progress?

Master of questionable life choices

Response to Inspiration and competition 2016-08-29 00:19:33

At 8/24/16 03:31 PM, MinatoArisato wrote: Years ago when I drew a bunch, it always helped that I had a friend who was a little better than me to keep me motivated to work hard. I don't really have any friends who work in game dev or are currently learning. Is there any kind of group of regulars or dev channel where people hang out? Or is my best bet just to make weekly or bi weekly topics asking about people's progress?

You'll probably have to stick to one 'Topic' And see if people Wanna Jump in and show there work.. But Honestly i havnt found any area like that.. Besides the Art Forum .. But thats not for like Game Coding lol , Best Bet is to find programmers who actually seem pretty chill to talk to and befriend them , Work with them and learn some shit..

Happy Coding

- Xploit

BBS Signature