00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

what kind of tools do you carry?

1,819 Views | 46 Replies

what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 13:09:08

myself, i tend to have a pocket knife at all times. i have 2 sets of keys that i'll use, one larger and the other smaller. on the small set, it's just keys. on my larger set, a can opener tool similar to ones used in ww2, a spark plug gapper, and a gerber multi tool that's great for popping paint cans/beer and using as a screw driver. in my wallet i have a little metal card tool that's good for emergency needs when i don't have a socket wrench. though i don't smoke, i often have a lighter too.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 14:39:37

I'm thinking about getting a pocket knife, but for now I only have my keys.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 15:07:13

My car keys, and I keep a switchblade in my car.

BBS Signature

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 15:14:42

At 8/23/16 02:39 PM, Oddlem wrote: I'm thinking about getting a pocket knife, but for now I only have my keys.

i say do it. you can get a small one that'll do most jobs for you without weighing you down a lot.

i have a few i like and a few i don't like as much.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 15:16:39

I carry an AK-47 just in case.

domestic violence can be funny too!

BBS Signature

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 16:18:04

Not much in the way of tools, but I do have a bottle opener on my key chain.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 16:41:57

A Leatherman Multitool you wouldn't believe how handy these things are or how often it can be used if your out and about all day. 20 tools in one!

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 16:52:07

At 8/23/16 04:18 PM, generalwinter wrote: Not much in the way of tools, but I do have a bottle opener on my key chain.

that's a tool of sorts and what i was talking about

At 8/23/16 04:27 PM, PunkRockZombie wrote: Weed, Zippo Lighter and a medieval sword........I mean, come on, if you saw a guy walking down the street with a sword strapped to his back you wouldn't fuck with him.

i don't fuck with anyone. but i also tend to carry a pistol, so i'm not worried about a sword.

At 8/23/16 04:39 PM, TheRemasterModule wrote: Hammer, screwdriver, eletronics, spoon, fork, knife, drill, and wires

travel around with a bag of some sort? jeez...

At 8/23/16 04:41 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: A Leatherman Multitool you wouldn't believe how handy these things are or how often it can be used if your out and about all day. 20 tools in one!

i certainly would, they're great. and if you're going to get something of that sort, leatherman is a great choice. knock off multitools are the worst.

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 16:57:04

Keys and phone is all I need when I leave my house.

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 17:10:43

At 8/23/16 04:56 PM, PunkRockZombie wrote:
At 8/23/16 04:52 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: i don't fuck with anyone. but i also tend to carry a pistol, so i'm not worried about a sword.
Kevlar vests bro....Kevlar vests.

broken ribs and other parts of your body left unprotected...

i think if i saw a dude wearing a vest and carrying a sword, i'd probably laugh and think that dude was alright.

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 17:22:25

I usually carry a double sided dildo
never know when you might need one

The High Bunny Council Awaits

BBS Signature

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 17:31:07

At 8/23/16 01:24 PM, D3KU wrote: Hmm. I carry my trusty "screw driver" at all times.

Could you maybe, um, help me with my "back door," please?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 17:35:26

I carry my pocket knife with me. I need to break down boxes at work a lot so it's been more useful than my keys.

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 17:42:15

At 8/23/16 05:19 PM, PunkRockZombie wrote:
Swords can deflect bullets.......

LOL! fine, you win. i'd be no match for a swordsman of your caliber.

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 17:45:38

At 8/23/16 05:35 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: I carry my pocket knife with me. I need to break down boxes at work a lot so it's been more useful than my keys.

why not one of those folding utility knives? i've worked in a warehouse before, seemed the most common tool to use for that.

and yeah, nearly any blade is going to put keys to shame.

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 18:00:53

A butane lighter, an electronic lighter that charges, a Zippo, and regular Bic lighters.

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 18:07:42

At 8/23/16 06:00 PM, MaynardHeart wrote: A butane lighter, an electronic lighter that charges, a Zippo, and regular Bic lighters.

that's a lot of ways to make fire...

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 18:13:44

At 8/23/16 06:07 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 8/23/16 06:00 PM, MaynardHeart wrote: A butane lighter, an electronic lighter that charges, a Zippo, and regular Bic lighters.
that's a lot of ways to make fire...

Yeah I purposefully burned my apartment down... those were the good old days.

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 18:37:06

At 8/23/16 05:45 PM, billybobthwarten wrote:
At 8/23/16 05:35 PM, Valjylmyr wrote: I carry my pocket knife with me. I need to break down boxes at work a lot so it's been more useful than my keys.
why not one of those folding utility knives? i've worked in a warehouse before, seemed the most common tool to use for that.

and yeah, nearly any blade is going to put keys to shame.

Some people there use them, and I've had to borrow them before (on days I forget my knife) and I don't like them as much as my knife. I dunno. I like my knife.

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 18:59:30

At 8/23/16 05:40 PM, zornuzkull wrote: Pliers and a blowtorch...

You must be one of Marcellus Wallace's hard, pipe-hitting n***as...

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 19:19:10

my phone lol

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 19:21:47

There are two answers for this. Jacket weather and non-jacket weather.

For summer months I have a survival card in my wallet that has the stuff a basic Swiss army knife would have also with a flashlight and whistle. The flashlight is dead so i just use an app for my phone on that. Also, sometimes a lighter.

For jacket weather when I don my armor I have some heavier stuff, such as a regular Swiss army knife, a pen and a 10th Doctor sonic screwdriver flashlight.

Actually the pen I have now is kind of interesting because it was on clearance and I was killing off a gift card. It has a ruler, a level and both standard and Phillips head screwdrivers. It's kind of pointless but doesn't every guy have that fantasy that one day we'll wake up in the woods and need this crap?

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 20:13:40

I carry none, since if I did the laws here would likely find reason to punish me for it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 20:22:08

At 8/23/16 07:21 PM, stafffighter wrote: For jacket weather when I don my armor I have some heavier stuff, such as a regular Swiss army knife, a pen and a 10th Doctor sonic screwdriver flashlight.

Why isn't it a sonic pen?

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 22:17:17

just my phone really

i have a bottle opener in my wallet

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-23 23:46:12

A choad.

BBS Signature

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-24 00:43:57

a fisted dildo

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-24 01:56:50

I don't usually carry tools around but when I do it is usually a lighter. Sometimes a hatchet, saw, screwdrivers and if you wanna count a camera as a tool then camera as well.

At 8/23/16 07:21 PM, stafffighter wrote:
For summer months I have a survival card in my wallet that has the stuff a basic Swiss army knife would have also with a flashlight and whistle. The flashlight is dead so i just use an app for my phone on that. Also, sometimes a lighter.

one of those swisscards? how do you like it? can't you change the battery? i've thought of getting one.

Actually the pen I have now is kind of interesting because it was on clearance and I was killing off a gift card. It has a ruler, a level and both standard and Phillips head screwdrivers. It's kind of pointless but doesn't every guy have that fantasy that one day we'll wake up in the woods and need this crap?

well, it sounds like a useful tool. i have a 4 in 1 pocket screwdriver i sometimes carry, came in handy more times than once.

Response to what kind of tools do you carry? 2016-08-24 09:47:12

At 8/24/16 01:56 AM, Teddynotes wrote: I don't usually carry tools around but when I do it is usually a lighter. Sometimes a hatchet, saw, screwdrivers and if you wanna count a camera as a tool then camera as well.

spend a lot of time in the woods? take pictures of wildlife and such?