00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Objectivity of men towards women

2,466 Views | 45 Replies

Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-20 17:34:46

Perhaps you've seen it. Perhaps you are disgusting enough to have done it. A 'harmless' cat call to a woman minding her own business. A 'fun and games' match with your friends or coworkers to scope out the most attractive women you can find and simultaneously stare them down as though you are dogs ogling fresh slabs of meat. Or perhaps you have done other forms of disgustingly objectifying actions aimed at instilling dominance, patriarchy and worthlessness of women.

You are wrong. You are a horrible, disgusting human being demeaning another innocent human being for literally no better reason than the primal instinct to beat your chest like an animal.

Frankly, in my opinion, men that do this are nothing more but latent rapists. I know it's an extreme point of view but if you are so unable to contain you animalistic chest pounding then I frankly wouldn't want to be in a room alone with you.

Men of this forum (I know probably all of you are) I ask you only this. Please don't publicly humiliate, point out, or unsettle women wanting nothing more than to live their lives in their daily commutes in peace.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Oh no, what a nightmare.
Let's post this on Newgrounds, people are sure to have similar feelings and thoughts on this matter.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-20 17:39:43

At 8/20/16 05:38 PM, annefrankfanficfan64 wrote:
you can't do that. you can't just steal a first post and then edit your post to fit the thread later. i'm writing your name on my blacklist. you will regret this

Have mercy on my indecisive soul.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

I don't compliment/whistle/whatnot women for their looks, unless I have an established relationship with the lady.

I have complimented random women for their fashion choices, like, "Hey, those boots are really kick ass." Not often though. I have high standards. So far, nobody has taken offense (to my face). To be fair, I've only done that... like five times. Complimented a stranger on what they're wearing.

Also, yeah, posting on the internet on an obscure BBS will surely show the patriarchy what for!

is OP being sarcastic? I think so, reading it over again. "Latent rapist"?

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-20 17:57:45

stupid people say stupid things

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-20 18:12:07

At 8/20/16 05:57 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: stupid people say stupid things

While I don't want to bring intelligence into the matter, I think men who believe they are cute/cool demeaning women are certainly lower in the gene pool. That said let's not resort to shaming them for lesser intelligence, but bringing them to understand their actions are wrong

At 8/20/16 05:53 PM, zornuzkull wrote: Nah check his profile page... He's just one of filthy Frank's flying monkeys...

I understand who and what George is, but you misunderstand the statement I am making with that video. I meant it to represent my inner turmoil and struggle accepting my own homosexuality.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-20 18:19:56

At 8/20/16 06:14 PM, zornuzkull wrote: So that's why comments are disabled... Come to think of it what the hell would a gay man know about the thoughts and feelings of heterosexual women?

'gay men know less about women then heteros'

lol

But yeah, I really don't know why you're so hellbent on attacking me every chance you get

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-20 18:52:29

Lol

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-20 21:39:51

At 8/20/16 06:24 PM, zornuzkull wrote: Attacking you nah... If I was attacking you you would know about it...

I'm pretty sure you're constantly attacking me in my threads about how much you disagree with my opinions

I will not be bullied. You cannot silence my opinion with violence and threats

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-20 21:50:01

At 8/20/16 09:47 PM, zornuzkull wrote: Violence? Threats? Bwhahahaha!!! What a dick...
You don't have any opinions you just spam buzzwords and waffle shit...

Please leave my discussion you are very disruptive and voilent

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-20 22:03:53

Why haven't you been banned yet

BBS Signature

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-20 22:07:33

At 8/20/16 10:03 PM, SpectreNeon wrote: Why haven't you been banned yet

I'm not the user threatening people with violence like a user I'm not going to name

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-20 22:09:25

This forum is a safe space, and your violent hate speech is #triggering me.

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-20 23:53:59

At 8/20/16 05:36 PM, Homicidee wrote: dude i just live to sleep.

and watch anime

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 01:22:13

At 8/20/16 06:12 PM, Spedmallet wrote:
While I don't want to bring intelligence into the matter, I think men who believe they are cute/cool demeaning women are certainly lower in the gene pool. That said let's not resort to shaming them for lesser intelligence, but bringing them to understand their actions are wrong

you very much misunderstood why i said what i said.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 01:33:18

At 8/20/16 05:34 PM, Spedmallet wrote: Perhaps you've seen it. Perhaps you are disgusting enough to have done it. A 'harmless' cat call to a woman minding her own business. A 'fun and games' match with your friends or coworkers to scope out the most attractive women you can find and simultaneously stare them down as though you are dogs ogling fresh slabs of meat. Or perhaps you have done other forms of disgustingly objectifying actions aimed at instilling dominance, patriarchy and worthlessness of women.

You are wrong. You are a horrible, disgusting human being demeaning another innocent human being for literally no better reason than the primal instinct to beat your chest like an animal.

Frankly, in my opinion, men that do this are nothing more but latent rapists. I know it's an extreme point of view but if you are so unable to contain you animalistic chest pounding then I frankly wouldn't want to be in a room alone with you.

Men of this forum (I know probably all of you are) I ask you only this. Please don't publicly humiliate, point out, or unsettle women wanting nothing more than to live their lives in their daily commutes in peace.

No thought went into this troll.

You literally just ripped this from a blog post somewhere and changed a few words.

No. Catcalls are actually things women like. They have just been brainwashed into thinking it's bad, so they get all pissed off about it.

If a guy looks me up and down so what? I look guys up and down too. Big deal. It's sex. It's biology. It's part of not only being a human, but a mammal, or more generally any reproductive organism.

I'd ask you to leave this world, but when I really want someone to leave, I don't ask. And besides you're trolling anyway. You believe the opposite of your post.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 03:31:19

Hmm... I must have ended up on Tumblr somehow.

*looks up at URL*

Nope... that definitely says Newgrounds. Cat calling is wrong I will agree on that. Simply staring at a woman though and ogling at her beauty there is nothing wrong with that. Both sexes objectify one another. Do you know why? Because human beings are animals. We belong to our species and therefore find our species attractive.

Is there a point where it is wrong? Sure. Everything has its limits. Like how you take men staring at women to an extreme, another person could take women staring at men to an extreme.

This is a moot point overall because I am a man who objectifies other men.

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 09:47:02

At 8/20/16 05:34 PM, Spedmallet wrote: Perhaps you've seen it. Perhaps you are disgusting enough to have done it. A 'harmless' cat call to a woman minding her own business. A 'fun and games' match with your friends or coworkers to scope out the most attractive women you can find and simultaneously stare them down as though you are dogs ogling fresh slabs of meat. Or perhaps you have done other forms of disgustingly objectifying actions aimed at instilling dominance, patriarchy and worthlessness of women.

I wouldn't go so far as to call people like these 'rapists' (being a woman myself), but yes, I do find it more than disrespectful. It's sorta like you have an intelligence, I have an intelligence, and then you pass me by all while dropping your intelligence down the toilet bowl whistling and hooting after me. Yeah, it's that pathetic.

I mean, it's like, elsewhere, people can talk and brag about how intelligent they are. But then when they see a woman, all intelligence goes out the window.

Back when I was in university I was catcalled even when dressed in baggy clothes. Yes, even when I had no body shape actually visible. That's some people for you, I guess. Thankfully, for my sanity, the guy friends I have aren't anything like that. Except for one. Whom I'm constraining to call a friend at the moment.

On this side of the planet, there's also the No Groping ad campaign going on, which tackles this sort of respect towards other people's bodies on a more physical level.

As an aside, not to be judgemental or anything -- I am actually curious -- among homosexual circles, has anyone of you been subjected to catcalling or anything similar?

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 09:48:07

At 8/21/16 03:31 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Hmm... I must have ended up on Tumblr somehow.

*looks up at URL*

Nope... that definitely says Newgrounds. Cat calling is wrong I will agree on that. Simply staring at a woman though and ogling at her beauty there is nothing wrong with that. Both sexes objectify one another. Do you know why? Because human beings are animals. We belong to our species and therefore find our species attractive.

Is there a point where it is wrong? Sure. Everything has its limits. Like how you take men staring at women to an extreme, another person could take women staring at men to an extreme.

This is a moot point overall because I am a man who objectifies other men.

I was actually about to ask whether you suffered from catcalling as a man... like, I'm honestly really curious. I posted the post that I did, but didn't even see what you'd posted above me.

(End of the day, it boils down to respect, I know.)

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 12:31:15

What of objectivity of men towards non-binary?

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 13:18:24

At 8/21/16 01:33 AM, sharpnova wrote: You literally just ripped this from a blog post somewhere and changed a few words.

no I didn't

No. Catcalls are actually things women like. They have just been brainwashed into thinking it's bad, so they get all pissed off about it.

no they aren't

If a guy looks me up and down so what? I look guys up and down too. Big deal. It's sex. It's biology. It's part of not only being a human, but a mammal, or more generally any reproductive organism.

clearly if you are a pervert you won't care if another pervert is looking at you

I'd ask you to leave this world, but when I really want someone to leave, I don't ask. And besides you're trolling anyway. You believe the opposite of your post.

No, I won't, no, I'm not, and no I don't.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 14:15:34

I remember having a discussion with my labour worker brother about this. He assured me that he never did it himself (yeah right) but reckoned there was nothing wrong with cat-calling and that women enjoyed the compliment.

He didn't believe me when I told him that the majority of women do not enjoy cat-calling even if it is on the positive side.

And there in lies the problem.

Men would totally be cool getting cat-called by the opposite sex, totally down with it, which is why they struggle to realise that its a problem for women.

"Its a compliment why would they get upset??"

Because the threat of sexual violence is something always at the forefront of a woman's mind when she is alone walking down a street when you choose to call out to her. Men don't have that problem, men don't see this as a concern because they don't need to be afraid.

If you see a woman and you think she is hot, that is nice, that is cool. But keep it to yourselves fellas. She don't care what you think about her ass and won't think you a cool handsome dude for telling her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDh4qk1Tl8k

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 15:12:35

At 8/21/16 02:15 PM, Gagsy wrote:

Men would totally be cool getting cat-called by the opposite sex, totally down with it, which is why they struggle to realise that its a problem for women.

I see what you're saying but the one to one comparison here is difficult to imagine. This is because the gatherer approach to mating is primarily a male behavior. Where as a woman, if interested, will seek out one potential partner. The example that sticks with me is that a woman wrote "what a man" and a man wrote "girls, girls, girls"

Speaking personally, even in my younger and less considerate towards women years cat calling always seemed classless. You're someone who likes boobs. Awesome. I'm glad we know that about you. No woman was going to respond positively to that and reward your efforts.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 16:20:26

At 8/21/16 09:48 AM, Troisnyx wrote: I was actually about to ask whether you suffered from catcalling as a man... like, I'm honestly really curious. I posted the post that I did, but didn't even see what you'd posted above me.

No I haven't been catcalled and I don't catcall other men.

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 16:39:09

At 8/21/16 02:15 PM, Gagsy wrote: I remember having a discussion with my labour worker brother about this. He assured me that he never did it himself (yeah right)

Yeah right in deed. In fact if he doesn't mistreat women he is shamed by the other blue collar pigs and questioned for his sexuality

If you see a woman and you think she is hot, that is nice, that is cool. But keep it to yourselves fellas.

I know this is unrelated, but I'm reminded of my sister's story of a group of degenerates honking at her and cat calling who then slammed into the side of the road and sped off in shame and embarassment

Now if only we could get men to feel ashamed without an embarrassing car crash

At 8/21/16 04:20 PM, The-Great-One wrote: No I haven't been catcalled and I don't catcall other men.

It's because gay men are statistically more intelligent

At 8/21/16 03:12 PM, stafffighter wrote: Speaking personally, even in my younger and less considerate towards women years cat calling always seemed classless. You're someone who likes boobs. Awesome. I'm glad we know that about you. No woman was going to respond positively to that and reward your efforts.

I get that you're 'improving' your general outlook but my issue is that your reasoning behind catcalling being bad is nothing more than 'me no get reward so me say catcall bad.'

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

At 8/21/16 04:39 PM, Spedmallet wrote:

I get that you're 'improving' your general outlook but my issue is that your reasoning behind catcalling being bad is nothing more than 'me no get reward so me say catcall bad.'

First of all, thanks for reducing someone you're correcting to a caveman. It shows you're coming from a place of respect.

Secondly. What I said is that even when I did have less evolved ideas towards women I saw it as classless. As I've aged and put some regrets under my belt I do understand more how it's a bad thing to do and why women don't like it rather than just noting they don't like it. I didn't go into exhaustive detail because frankly, I don't have anything to prove to you.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 17:08:42

i've received light cat calling from women, been objectified plenty of times.

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 19:40:07

At 8/21/16 05:07 PM, stafffighter wrote: First of all, thanks for reducing someone you're correcting to a caveman. It shows you're coming from a place of respect.

Secondly. What I said is that even when I did have less evolved ideas towards women I saw it as classless. As I've aged and put some regrets under my belt I do understand more how it's a bad thing to do and why women don't like it rather than just noting they don't like it. I didn't go into exhaustive detail because frankly, I don't have anything to prove to you.

I apologize, I was rather blunt and a little rude. But I just wanted to point out that good behavior (treating women like human beings) shouldn't be solely because 'it's the wrong way to get a reward.'

I feel as though that's even worse- pretending to be a nice person who isn't sex driven to manipulate women into dropping their guard.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Objectivity of men towards women 2016-08-21 19:46:47

At 8/21/16 07:40 PM, Spedmallet wrote:

I feel as though that's even worse- pretending to be a nice person who isn't sex driven to manipulate women into dropping their guard.

No one hates the nice guy archetype more than I do. Not only do they lie but make every man who isn't an alpha chest beater look like he has an agenda. Also, they stole a perfectly valid hat choice.
I look damn good in a fedora. Thanks to those douche bags I can't wear it.

BBS Signature

At 8/21/16 01:33 AM, sharpnova wrote: If a guy looks me up and down so what? I look guys up and down too. Big deal. It's sex. It's biology. It's part of not only being a human, but a mammal, or more generally any reproductive organism.

internalized misogyny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the patriarchy is being built up inside of you as we speak

it appears you don't have much time left :'/

before... it takes yOu...

also, just a sidenote: I'm pretty much 100% sure OP is being totally satirical but if he isn't, he's a special kind of stupid.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature