00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy

2,126 Views | 38 Replies

McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 02:39:02

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/mcdonald-forced-pull-kids-activity-064241267.html

McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy For Causing Skin Rashes. Just days after McDonald’s release of an activity tracker for kids, the company has gone and pulled it for causing skin rashes.

With the threat of lawsuits, should McDonald's remove happy meal toys?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 03:01:45

At 8/19/16 02:53 AM, Homicidee wrote: did you know that mcdonalds sells food?

Yes, everybody knows they sell food.

heres a link with the various foods you can buy if you didnt know.
https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/full-menu.html

Thanks for the link. Links make everything better.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 03:14:29

At 8/19/16 02:39 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/mcdonald-forced-pull-kids-activity-064241267.html

McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy For Causing Skin Rashes. Just days after McDonald’s release of an activity tracker for kids, the company has gone and pulled it for causing skin rashes.

Fitbit and a few similar products had this same issue (initially)... I don't think it is anything to be alarmed about (unless this is causing children to get shit like MRSA).

Robo Rick's Magical Carpet Ride

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 03:46:37

If there are lawsuits due to this it will be embarrassing. Its a little rash - its a risk when trying any new accessory for your wrist.

Its such a shame as well cause its a really great idea as a happy meal toy, something bright and colourful to encourage kids to move. Lets hope they can fix any issues with the tracker and get them back in the boxes.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

At 8/19/16 08:43 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: the existence of devices like this is bewildering to start with
why do you need a device that tells you what you are doing? don't you just already know what you are doing?

I'm assuming they are doing it to motivate kids to not be fat, and get in shape; but if they wanted that,then they shouldn't be eating at mcdonalds in the first place. It is a little weird.

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 09:45:58

When I was a kid my little brother got a Happy Meal. They were giving out Kidz Bop CDs at the time, and my dad took it from him because he was paranoid about anything other than Classical music or Bluegrass or whatever. He still kind of is but when his wife (he remarried) listens to modern music he doesn't say a thing.

Regarding the newest toy....hahaha. What else has been recent? I haven't really been to McDonald's for a long time. Stopped in for a small soda a few weeks ago for comfort but that doesn't count.

They used to be really good though |/

McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 09:48:02

At 8/19/16 08:53 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote:
At 8/19/16 08:43 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: the existence of devices like this is bewildering to start with
why do you need a device that tells you what you are doing? don't you just already know what you are doing?
I'm assuming they are doing it to motivate kids to not be fat, and get in shape; but if they wanted that,then they shouldn't be eating at mcdonalds in the first place. It is a little weird.

I remember seeing a picture of Ronald McDonald on a bag saying "drink only water throughout the day" but the restaurant serves chocolate milk and soda. That's McDonald's in a nutshell: hypocritical

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 10:54:14

At 8/19/16 03:14 AM, RoboRick wrote:
Fitbit and a few similar products had this same issue (initially)... I don't think it is anything to be alarmed about (unless this is causing children to get shit like MRSA).

Just parents overreacting like usual.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 10:55:46

At 8/19/16 03:46 AM, Gagsy wrote: If there are lawsuits due to this it will be embarrassing. Its a little rash - its a risk when trying any new accessory for your wrist.

There are too many lawsuit happy people.

Its such a shame as well cause its a really great idea as a happy meal toy, something bright and colourful to encourage kids to move. Lets hope they can fix any issues with the tracker and get them back in the boxes.

It would be helpful to get kids moving and help them be healthy.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 10:57:18

This toy is just a cheaper and less entertaining rip off of Pokemon Go.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 11:22:54

made in china?

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 12:56:38

At 8/19/16 08:53 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: I'm assuming they are doing it to motivate kids to not be fat, and get in shape; but if they wanted that,then they shouldn't be eating at mcdonalds in the first place. It is a little weird.

They are trying to make McDonald's healthier. Healthier fast food is the newest fad.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 12:59:07

At 8/19/16 09:45 AM, PyrosTheStickman wrote: When I was a kid my little brother got a Happy Meal. They were giving out Kidz Bop CDs at the time, and my dad took it from him because he was paranoid about anything other than Classical music or Bluegrass or whatever.

The toys were always better in the past.

Regarding the newest toy....hahaha. What else has been recent? I haven't really been to McDonald's for a long time. Stopped in for a small soda a few weeks ago for comfort but that doesn't count.

McDonald's wants to appear healthy , so lazy parents won't feel bad about going there.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 13:01:17

They can serve heroin instead.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 13:20:42

I saw those cute little tracker devices in the happy meal displays the other day, and I was actually proud of them. I think they would have made a nice toy for children.

McDonalds should have put a warning on the plastic stating that the product could cause skin rashes, and for the child to use at their own risk. Parental advisory recommended.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 13:42:11

At 8/19/16 09:48 AM, PyrosTheStickman wrote: I remember seeing a picture of Ronald McDonald on a bag saying "drink only water throughout the day" but the restaurant serves chocolate milk and soda. That's McDonald's in a nutshell: hypocritical

Its not easy being a wealthy corporation with locations all over the world. McDonald's need people to spend money, it is all about the bottom line.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-19 13:43:15

At 8/19/16 11:22 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: made in china?

Of course, everything in made in China. Just ask Wal-mart.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-26 15:23:18

At 8/26/16 03:11 PM, PunkRockZombie wrote: Awesome! They should put a hot girl action figure that comes with every meal instead.

Do you mean barbie dolls, or some new hot action girl?

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-26 15:28:01

At 8/26/16 03:25 PM, PunkRockZombie wrote: Anything but barbie dolls.

Barbies are old school. They need some new hot action girls. The fight crime during the day, and go clubbing at night.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-26 15:37:49

At 8/26/16 03:33 PM, PunkRockZombie wrote:
At 8/26/16 03:28 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: They need some new hot action girls.
They need one's that do illegal activities!

They could find many different hot girls into illegal activities to use as the toy models. A never ending supply. lol

BBS Signature

At 8/26/16 03:59 PM, D3KU wrote: I will stop going if they do. That is the only reason I go there now a days.

Do you get a happy meal , for the toy, every time you go?

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-26 17:07:44

At 8/19/16 02:39 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
With the threat of lawsuits, should McDonald's remove happy meal toys?

McDonald's should close down for good.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-26 18:04:12

At 8/26/16 05:04 PM, D3KU wrote: Yup. Don't tell me you don't.

Nope. Can't you just buy the toy separate?

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-26 18:05:38

At 8/26/16 05:07 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote:
McDonald's should close down for good.

Without McDonald's, we would have more Burger Kings and Wendy's.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-26 18:17:34

At 8/26/16 05:56 PM, Xenomit wrote: I'm well convinced that Dr. Strongbad left his account long long ago, and before leaving he developed an AI that can post in his absence. It's the only way I can explain the formulaic posting in every single thread that never deviates from a damn near algorithmic way of posting.

Xenomit, do you think DoctorStrongbad would have the programming skills to develop his own AI? That would raise him from a genius to a super genius. BTW, no comments on the new toys in the Happy Meals being animal people?

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-26 18:24:44

ok.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-26 18:33:07

At 8/26/16 06:08 PM, zornuzkull wrote: They can't remove the toy that's the most nutritious part of the meal...

Yes, it is chock full of fiber.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-26 23:51:11

At 8/26/16 07:19 PM, TheRemasterModule wrote: When does this happen?

You should check out the article in the link. Always a great place to start.

BBS Signature

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-27 00:30:43

why the fuck do you need to post this?

Response to McDonald's Removes Happy Meal Toy 2016-08-27 02:27:42

At 8/26/16 08:29 PM, FastbootsZA wrote: Mcdonalds shouldn't remove the happy meal toys because there would be a lot of children crying.

Kids today are too busy texting to notice anything.

BBS Signature