00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Gear Survive (new game)

808 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Metal Gear Survive (new game) 2016-08-17 06:20:55

Trailer

So the first post-Kojima Metal Gear... is a co-op zombie survival game, where one of Big Boss' soldiers gets sucked into a portal to an alternate dimension and has to team up with three friends to find his way back home.

Possibly the most flimsy and shameless use of the Metal Gear brand imaginable.

Response to Metal Gear Survive (new game) 2016-08-17 08:46:55

I don't even have a snarky quip. It just sucks to see one of the last innovative AAA series dying out in a whimper of spinoffs that leech off of name brand recognition.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Survive (new game) 2016-08-17 10:04:09

Metal Gear Survive
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Which is most despised and will fail the most? Place your bets here!

If you think I got the badassest sig gimme a hell yeah! I drew a dick in there!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Survive (new game) 2016-08-17 10:21:20

At 8/17/16 10:04 AM, Sp3ktreX wrote: Metal Gear Survive

I'd go with this. I haven't looked into why Infinity War is getting hate but like every CoD game it will do well and be forgotten the following year, and nintendo games are burrowed in their own little self-sustaining bubble - making regressive and hated games hasn't stopped them being successful before.

This goes directly against anything Metal Gear fans would want, before the wound of MGSV's second chapter even has time to heal, and I can't imagine this having much mass appeal. The market is almost saturated with this type of game right now and there's bigger and better names in the genre people will stick with before giving this a look.

MG Survive (fuck, I hate that the new game's initialism is also "MGS") might do well enough or break even, but I can't imagine it being a mainstream success.

At 8/17/16 10:21 AM, Jackho wrote: I'd go with this. I haven't looked into why Infinity War is getting hate but like every CoD game it will do well and be forgotten the following year, and nintendo games are burrowed in their own little self-sustaining bubble - making regressive and hated games hasn't stopped them being successful before.

Because the majority player base wanted a COD that wasn't based in the future, and that's exactly what they gave us .
Everyone should buy the COD MW remastered edition then return the game copy after putting in the code. I'm not a Metroid fan but fans waited for a main title in the Metroid franchise, but instead, they received a low budget spinoff that no one asked for that doesn't hold any type of aspect that made Metroid great to begin with.

This goes directly against anything Metal Gear fans would want, before the wound of MGSV's second chapter even has time to heal, and I can't imagine this having much mass appeal. The market is almost saturated with this type of game right now and there's bigger and better names in the genre people will stick with before giving this a look.

That's what happens when you fire Hideo Kijomi.
Fuck Konami!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Survive (new game) 2016-08-17 13:33:47

At 8/17/16 06:20 AM, Jackho wrote: Trailer

So the first post-Kojima Metal Gear... is a co-op zombie survival game, where one of Big Boss' soldiers gets sucked into a portal to an alternate dimension and has to team up with three friends to find his way back home.

Possibly the most flimsy and shameless use of the Metal Gear brand imaginable.

Metal Gear (will not) Survive.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Metal Gear Survive (new game) 2016-08-17 19:19:05

I won't be surprised if it ends up just being Metal Gear Online 3 with zombies.

Response to Metal Gear Survive (new game) 2016-08-17 21:00:17

At 8/17/16 06:32 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: Looks like Konami took RE 5 and added their own characters. It's a generic idea for sure, but I don't see why so many are freaking out.

I guess it's a fair point that we all knew MGS was dead as soon as Kojima parted ways with Konami. I'd just kind of hoped that they'd either stick to MGS branded pachinko machines I'd never have to look at or attempt to make a full-fledged Metal Gear game that ended up being a hilarious disaster. Slapping Metal Gear onto a co-op zombie game is such a boring and disappointing way to kill off the franchise.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Survive (new game) 2016-08-18 00:58:36

At 8/17/16 10:04 AM, Sp3ktreX wrote: Metal Gear Survive

I don't play CoD, though the name seems appropriate given the constantly new, but same-ish, sequels always being released.

I won't shit on Metroid until I play it. People bitched at Hyrule Warriors, yet it wasn't half as terrible as the internet claimed it would become, AND the options for DLC are far more respectful to the player than what is found in the actual Dynasty Warriors series. Nintendo is weird and charming in that way. Even when they miss the mark, I have trouble really hating them for it. This Metal Gear, however....

One can watch that trailer and clearly see it is devoid of all but the laziest, greediest, and most shameful intentions. The first thing somebody asked during the planning process of Survival was most likely, "According to the statistics, what's the cheapest, least risky thing we can do to make more money?" Not a fucking soul (if one were to be found in that company) even vaguely thought about what might be enjoyable to play. I bet Konami is already waist-deep in preparing Pre-Order bullshit and possible horse armor microtransactions, as if ANYONE in the gaming community would even humor the idea of giving them anything more than the middle finger and a swift kick in the ass.

Response to Metal Gear Survive (new game) 2016-08-18 01:07:42

Hideo Kojima fired
Metal Gear Survive
Silent Hill canceled
Pachinko Machine

Lmao how does a company fuck up this bad?

I'm gonna take a huge piss on the Konami Logo!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Survive (new game) 2016-08-18 06:36:18

at first I was a little concerned the abbreviation MGS would make it confusing to refer to the PS1 game from now on.

But then I watched the trailer, I read a little bit about that game, and I'm happy to say that we can still call Metal Gear Solid, MGS. Because this game is going to flop so fucking hard that no one is even going to want to remember it.

Konami can suck my cock at this point, I have no intentions to ever buy another game of theirs.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Survive (new game) 2016-08-19 20:28:05

This is such a hilariously obvious middle finger from Konami to Kojima that I can't do anything except laugh at it. This would be like making a "Madden" game about fishing.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Konami is moving all of its operations to North Korea by 2018.

The source is satirical, but the way things are going...

Anyway, these are the thoughts i have right now:

1. I would NOT buy anything new from DPRKonami (my nickname for the current business) no matter what. If they somehow managed to create a game that was greater than CV:SOTN, FFVII, Undertale, and Super Smash Bros COMBINED, I would still refuse to buy it!!!

2. I feel uncomfortable downloading older games onto my Wii U.

3. I am bugged by recent Robot Chicken and Amazing World of Gumball scenes (among others) depicting Konami (MG Solid in those cases) references, those that were clearly made after it was known Konami went North Korean. Don't they have to pay DPRKonami to use that content?

4. I have had thoughts about destroying my own Konami games. The DS Metroidvanias, Mirror of Fate, 2 versions of SOTN, Super Smash Bros Brawl (due to Snake), and so on. Also, I thought about buying used games to destroy them. After the destruction, the ruined discs and cartridges would be glued together to create a sculpture effectively describing what Konami has done to itself.

5. I have thoughts about unplugging Konami arcade machines. I wouldn't actually do that, since I would get kicked out of the place for doing so, but I still envision pulling the plug of anything from DDR to Simpsons Arcade.

6. You should really stop being so hard on Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.

7. You shouldn't have used the Poop icon to start the topic. Poop has many uses, including being a renewable energy source and fertilizer. Calling Metal Gear Survive (and DPRKonami in general) shit is an insult to shit.

8. I somehow envisioned an even darker, more sinister version of DPRKonami.
This includes pulling all online content (including here, Youtube, Deviantart, etc), restrict all content to high-cost subscription services (separate subscriptions for each form of content), punishing dissent by deleting accounts and sending propaganda to businesses, advertising when people miss payments by even a second (in addition to account deletions).

9. I want to tell them what cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sacks of monkey shit they are! HALLELUJAH! HOLY SHIT! Where's the Tylenol?

I believe in the ultimate triumph of evil over good in this world.

It doesn't help that we keep funding our enemies.

Response to Metal Gear Survive (new game) 2016-08-25 19:38:51

This video pretty much sums it up
"This is the perfect PachinKonami move. They couldn't get better. The most generic idea for a game. Zombie survival co-op, that is the new standard, that is what Call of Duty style games were last generation. That is the most bog standard factory setting common garden pedestrian concept anyone could come up with. I can't even say they came up with the concept, you don't have an idea for a zombie survival co-op game that's not an idea anymore that's just a reaction to something, that's just an instinct. No one ever formulates that as a concept in their brain it's just the type of game that just fucking happens."

And as Jim Sterling also says, we are laughing because it's better than crying. #FucKonami

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Survive (new game) 2016-08-31 15:05:48

I haven't watched a trailer for it yet, and I don't want to because it already sounds like cancer.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature