00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The New Pennywise Revealed

1,301 Views | 25 Replies

The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 17:09:34

I don't know how many horror movie fans are on the site, but I figured I would share a picture from the new rendition of Stephen King's It, showcasing the new Pennywise :)

For years, I have wanted to see an "R" Rated Remake of the classic "Made for TV Movie"... as the book was much grittier then what would be allowed on TV.

I think that the new Pennywise is going to give people some nightmares :) What do you all think?

Robo Rick's Magical Carpet Ride

"Wanna play a game?"

wait, wrong movie.
he looks creepy as fuck btw.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 17:24:31

At 8/16/16 05:21 PM, YonusBahtzee wrote: "Wanna play a game?"

wait, wrong movie.
he looks creepy as fuck btw.

"Do they float?"

"Yes Georgie, they all float... and when you are down here with me.... You'll FLOAT TOO!"

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 17:29:08

At 8/16/16 05:26 PM, zornuzkull wrote: I have high hopes for this movie seeing that the original is shit...

It was a made for TV mini series in 1990. You expect blockbuster quality from that?

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 17:38:16

At 8/16/16 05:29 PM, stafffighter wrote:
At 8/16/16 05:26 PM, zornuzkull wrote: I have high hopes for this movie seeing that the original is shit...
It was a made for TV mini series in 1990. You expect blockbuster quality from that?

I gotta agree with you on this one. For a 90's TV Movie, they managed to get some pretty big names (at that time), John Ritter, Jonathan Brandis, Tim Curry, Seth Green, etc.

Also, the original movies gave me some nightmares!

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 17:40:20

I can't wait for this movie to come out in 2012! Wait...

Also this looks just like Inculcation. Seriously.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 17:42:56

At 8/16/16 05:40 PM, Kwing wrote: I can't wait for this movie to come out in 2012! Wait...

Also this looks just like Inculcation. Seriously.

You are correct, there are some similarities... Possible that the Director spent some time on NG :)

They've been wanting to do a remake for some time, however the film has been in development hell for awhile. Would have been cool if they met the 30 year deadline, but oh well... just glad to see the movie get made.

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 17:55:45

I hope that Pennywise's true form is even creepier in the remake than it was in the original book.

After all, how can they make a giant spider even more terrifying?

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 18:00:41

I can't believe anyone has the cheek to slag off the 1990 miniseries of IT. For what it was it was terrifying. The music, the scares, Tim Curry as Pennywise, as funny as he was frightening. It was brilliant.

Not gonna lie the new Pennywise looks shit. Scary yes but god he needs to have character. I can't see that Pennywise having character.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 18:20:34

At 8/16/16 05:38 PM, RoboRick wrote:
At 8/16/16 05:29 PM, stafffighter wrote:
I gotta agree with you on this one. For a 90's TV Movie, they managed to get some pretty big names (at that time), John Ritter, Jonathan Brandis, Tim Curry, Seth Green, etc.

Also, the original movies gave me some nightmares!

Exactly. Despite, and possibly because of, the limitations of the format they told a legitimately terrifying story. Tim Curry didn't have to hide behind R rated gore or cgi effects to become Pennywise. And become him he did

Don't get me wrong. I'm cautiously optimistic that this big screen adaption will be good. This is material that could benefit from it. But the original remains classic.

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 18:25:10

Pennywise...

Pound foolish.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 19:49:22

At 8/16/16 06:28 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 8/16/16 06:20 PM, stafffighter wrote: Exactly. Despite, and possibly because of, the limitations of the format they told a legitimately terrifying story. Tim Curry didn't have to hide behind R rated gore or cgi effects to become Pennywise. And become him he did
They tried to make balloons scary... Terrifying is pushing it...
Can't be any worse than the nightmare on elm st reboot...

Perhaps, I am seeing this through the eyes of my 8 year old self (when I first saw the film)... but the balloons were certainly CREEPY at the very least.

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 19:59:27

At 8/16/16 06:20 PM, stafffighter wrote: Exactly. Despite, and possibly because of, the limitations of the format they told a legitimately terrifying story. Tim Curry didn't have to hide behind R rated gore or cgi effects to become Pennywise. And become him he did
They tried to make balloons scary... Terrifying is pushing it...

Well, a good way to make balloons scary is to have them be made from the organs of human victims.

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 20:05:18

At 8/16/16 07:59 PM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 8/16/16 06:20 PM, stafffighter wrote:
Well, a good way to make balloons scary is to have them be made from the organs of human victims.

What made "IT" a fantastic movie... was that it was one big mental fuck. You never saw anyone getting murdered and it was all left to your imagination.

I think Balloons out of human organs would have came off a bit cartoony compared to what they were going for.

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 20:21:01

There better be balloons, cause they were so scary in the original...

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-16 20:55:53

At 8/16/16 08:21 PM, GreenSoap wrote: There better be balloons, cause they were so scary in the original...

We can only hope :)

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-17 00:30:06

http://www.blastr.com/2016-8-16/andres-muschietti-shares-scary-new-images-art-canadian-set-it

From the dates on the missing poster it looks like they're bringing this movie into current time. As understandable a move as that is I can't help but worry about the impact it'll have. The 50s enviroment was very much a character in the book.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-17 00:36:57

At 8/16/16 08:09 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 8/16/16 08:05 PM, RoboRick wrote: I think Balloons out of human organs would have came off a bit cartoony compared to what they were going for.
The antagonist is a clown that ship has already sailed...

how many movies have clowns by now? clowns arent even scary, theyre for kids

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-17 01:34:56

He looks like the Mad Hatter on a cocaine bender. The original Pennywise was cool because he appealed to kids and seduced them into following him, this guy would send them running.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-17 08:09:56

At 8/17/16 12:36 AM, VenomationsTV wrote:
At 8/16/16 08:09 PM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 8/16/16 08:05 PM, RoboRick wrote: I think Balloons out of human organs would have came off a bit cartoony compared to what they were going for.
The antagonist is a clown that ship has already sailed...
how many movies have clowns by now? clowns arent even scary, theyre for kids

So you think movie clowns such as the Violator is for kids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKV2k-SOk8Q

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-17 09:22:07

At 8/17/16 08:12 AM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 8/17/16 08:09 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: So you think movie clowns such as the Violator is for kids?

That movie was for kids...

So are these two clowns for kids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGqylsonGZY

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-17 09:25:54

At 8/17/16 09:22 AM, TheGamechanger wrote:
At 8/17/16 08:12 AM, zornuzkull wrote:
At 8/17/16 08:09 AM, TheGamechanger wrote: So you think movie clowns such as the Violator is for kids?

That movie was for kids...
So are these two clowns for kids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGqylsonGZY

Tricky owns The Joker.

If you think I got the badassest sig gimme a hell yeah! I drew a dick in there!

BBS Signature

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-17 10:39:27

At 8/17/16 12:30 AM, stafffighter wrote: http://www.blastr.com/2016-8-16/andres-muschietti-shares-scary-new-images-art-canadian-set-it

From the dates on the missing poster it looks like they're bringing this movie into current time. As understandable a move as that is I can't help but worry about the impact it'll have. The 50s enviroment was very much a character in the book.

" that will intercut between modern times and the 1980s, hoping to recapture that same element of primal fear and entice rabid viewers of Netflix's Stranger Things."

idk the kids + 80s things worked so damn well. I mean stuff like The Goonies, Back to the Future, ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING!!! Stranger Things did show that you can rehash the 80s kid/teen wacky adventures with 21st century eyes and make it not just nostalgic but also fresh.

I'm all for the kids being adults in todays world. I see no reason why we need to see dodgy haircut and glasses combos (Bill), dodgy moustaches (Richie), ill fitting clothes (Eddie) which is all the 80s adults would give us. There is nothing from that time period that would be missed and equally there is nothing lost from moving the kids adventure with IT from the 50s to the 80s.

I'm not too fussed about the film being in character with the book. I would say that the miniseries wasn't in character with the book anyway to be honest. I never remembered Pennywise being funny in the book, just creepy, insanely creepy. No more so for me when his shadow was seen dancing during the towns showdown with a group of bandits. I would have loved that scene to be in the miniseries but it would never have worked. And thank god the real kids sewer ending wasn't in the series. Lets not change that either.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-17 11:21:17

costume looks good here's hoping the cool, emotionless hemlock grove guy can actually act for shit

Response to The New Pennywise Revealed 2016-08-17 14:20:05

At 8/17/16 11:21 AM, Jester wrote: costume looks good here's hoping the cool, emotionless hemlock grove guy can actually act for shit

Atleast the odds are in his favor, considering that he has the past performance of Tim Curry to research + the book itself. I think if he is able to "find the character" it'll be great.

At 8/17/16 10:39 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 8/17/16 12:30 AM, stafffighter wrote: http://www.blastr.com/2016-8-16/andres-muschietti-shares-scary-new-images-art-canadian-set-it

" that will intercut between modern times and the 1980s, hoping to recapture that same element of primal fear and entice rabid viewers of Netflix's Stranger Things."

Yeah. It was very late and i skipped the reading for the pictures. Foolish of me.

idk the kids + 80s things worked so damn well. I mean stuff like The Goonies, Back to the Future, ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING!!! Stranger Things did show that you can rehash the 80s kid/teen wacky adventures with 21st century eyes and make it not just nostalgic but also fresh.

Disney Channel actually made a new Adventures In Babysitting.My niece watches the channel here so it's not creepy I know that

I'm not too fussed about the film being in character with the book. I would say that the miniseries wasn't in character with the book anyway to be honest. I never remembered Pennywise being funny in the book, just creepy, insanely creepy. . And thank god the real kids sewer ending wasn't in the series. Lets not change that either.

I think that, like the (ADULT) sex scenes, the humor was meant to heighten the uncomfortably. like you're supposed to judge yourself for liking it. Would any of us still be talking about performance without that added?

One quote I found when i actually read the article would radically change that one scene we know they won't film.

"They were seven teenagers when they first stumbled upon the horror. Now they are grown-up men and women who have gone out into the big world to gain success and happiness"

So it would seem that it's not a bunch of boys with one girl anymore, which would fit with the updated time and make the unfilmable scene a lot less one sided.

BBS Signature