00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sausage Party

831 Views | 17 Replies

I'm sure you all have heard of this by now. Creators of Superbad made one of the funniest fucking movies I've ever seen.

Just saw it tonight, think it was opening day.

Probably the best comedy I've seen in a few years. It's pretty fucking good for being such a stupid concept. Lots more than just bare bones food massacre humor. Tons of jabs at faith and religion, too, which makes for a surprisingly good plot (for a comedy of this nature).

Fucking, 8.5/10 at least. Hardest I've laughed since Deadpool. I might just say 9 because of how well made and polished it actually is.

Anyone else see it or have plans to see it?

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-13 10:08:27

If the SJWs are offended, I'm going to fucking see it!

"Rules of war: don't die, kiddo"

BBS Signature

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-13 10:34:37

At 8/13/16 10:08 AM, Danluz wrote: If the SJWs are offended, I'm going to fucking see it!

You're not gonna be disappointed if that's what you want out of it. It's the most offensive movie that's been out in years. That's been mainstream, at least.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

BBS Signature

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-13 11:10:28

no I try not to watch shitty movies

I love pineapple express and i'm so disappointed that those guys decided animated food spouting middle school humor was funny

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-13 11:18:56

At 8/13/16 09:33 AM, TOXlCITY wrote: Just saw it tonight, think it was opening day.

That fucking hotdog bun has a vagina on it's face. They totally knew what they were doing.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-13 11:25:59

I saw the movie last night.

I thought it was interesting. I laughed at a lot of its jokes and I think it did a pretty good job with its basic premise of "Toy Story but with food". However, I found it annoying that the movie gets really preachy with its atheism allegory (There is no great beyond! There's no heaven!!!!) and they really seemed to think it was just hilarious to have food swearing because they kept doing it to such a point where it felt like overkill. Hearing a hotdog say, "Fuck" is funny, but when he does it like 60 times, it starts to lose a bit of its luster.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-13 11:50:22

At 8/13/16 11:25 AM, ZJ wrote: Hearing a hotdog say, "Fuck" is funny, but when he does it like 60 times, it starts to lose a bit of its luster.

JOKE SPOILERS(?):

If I remember correctly, the first words in the movie were literally "Shit, oh shit." And it was just diminishing returns from there onward. I was walking in expecting cursing left and right, but there was absolutely no pacing whatsoever with this one. Still a funny movie with good moments. I'm a sucker for the food puns ("Okay, so."), and was doubling over when Firewater said "Like, fuck a guy high."

Was a little disappointed with the animation. I'm looking back at the trailer, and it looks decent enough, but I don't think it translated well on the big screen. It looks like the guys had a hard time creating textures for a lot of these foods, and I guess I can't fault them too much when two of your main characters are a sausage and a bun.

BBS Signature

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-13 12:45:17

At 8/13/16 11:25 AM, ZJ wrote: the movie gets really preachy with its atheism allegory (There is no great beyond! There's no heaven!!!!)

I mean, in the context of everything that was happening, it only made sense.

I never understand why everything is free game to parody and satarize without coming across as overly preachy... except religion. Just sounds like the product of someone being offended by it, which, is clearly the film's goal in the first place considering how it stereotypes and makes fun of pretty much everything it can.

BBS Signature

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-13 12:52:21

At 8/13/16 12:45 PM, TOXlCITY wrote:
I never understand why everything is free game to parody and satarize without coming across as overly preachy... except religion. Just sounds like the product of someone being offended by it, which, is clearly the film's goal in the first place considering how it stereotypes and makes fun of pretty much everything it can.

I'm not saying I'm offended by it, but it did feel a little heavy-handed to just CONSTANTLY beat on the drum that their version of heaven ("The Great Beyond") was total bullshit and that belief in it was stupid when shown that it wasn't real. You can be preachy about everything by the way. If the movie had constantly hit on something else like Republicans being stupid or the rich being dicks, I'd have said it was preachy on that, too.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-13 13:05:37

Awhile back I heard that s movie theatre played a preview for Sausage Party before the movie Finding Dora began, and that made me laugh.

BBS Signature

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-13 21:49:13

I need to watch this movie immediately! Looks awesome!

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-24 16:44:55

I saw it and well it was one hell of offensive movie and fucking ridiculous haha

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-24 16:59:30

Sausage Party was bad. And I actually enjoy Seth Rogan in movies. I thought there were gonna be some funny jokes in there and what not but instead got an hour and a half or food puns and bad sex jokes. The end of the movie was the only thing that I laughed at. G A R B A G E.

BBS Signature

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-24 17:11:58

i wanna see it

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-24 17:16:52

Sausage Party was funny. I saw it Saturday with a bunch of friends. It was full of food puns and bad sex jokes as expected from a cartoon called Sausage Party. :p

At 8/24/16 05:02 PM, PunkRockZombie wrote: Was there a sex scene between the hot dog and the bun?

There was a sex scene between everyone in the end. We all cracked up.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Sausage Party 2016-08-24 17:37:53

Any of you see the leaked script for the movie? It's incredible how much is different in this version than the final film from the way the villain acts to how the movie ends. Crazy stuff.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Sausage Party 2017-12-11 10:52:10

love that

Response to Sausage Party 2017-12-12 07:20:36

Given that this site's community is kinda built off animation, I'm surprised no one brought up all the ways the production of the movie screwed over it's crew.