00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

the-kitsune just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Terrible Brush on Animate CC

2,377 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Terrible Brush on Animate CC 2016-08-12 07:38:08

Hi Guys,
So I'm finally working on my animation but I cannot get my lineart good on flash.
The main body is drawn in Clip Studio Paint and traced on flash because when I try to draw using the brush tool the result is sooo bad. Just look at the difference between the body and the left arm. The line is just so Inconsistent.
I'm using Animate CC on Mac. I'll try later on a Windows Machine. This is my first time using flash, drawing directly on it.
So many people is saying that flash cs4 had a better brush tool. Is that correct?
Any Hint/Help?

Terrible Brush on Animate CC

Response to Terrible Brush on Animate CC 2016-08-12 18:43:00

ClipStudio has some of the best drawing tools and inking in the business - and the "feel" is just excellent.

Flash just cannot compare. And do not forget that Adobe products lack a stroke stabilizer of any kind, which is exacerbating these drawing issues in Flash. Perhaps installing Lazy Nezumi will be helpful in Flash?

Response to Terrible Brush on Animate CC 2016-08-12 20:17:37

At 8/12/16 06:43 PM, hvanderwegen wrote: ClipStudio has some of the best drawing tools and inking in the business - and the "feel" is just excellent.

Flash just cannot compare. And do not forget that Adobe products lack a stroke stabilizer of any kind, which is exacerbating these drawing issues in Flash. Perhaps installing Lazy Nezumi will be helpful in Flash?

Hey I have ClipStudio, but I can't seem to draw vector lines in the animation frames, is there a way to do that?

Response to Terrible Brush on Animate CC 2016-08-13 04:12:27

At 8/12/16 08:17 PM, gritgrinder wrote:
At 8/12/16 06:43 PM, hvanderwegen wrote: ClipStudio has some of the best drawing tools and inking in the business - and the "feel" is just excellent.

Hey I have ClipStudio, but I can't seem to draw vector lines in the animation frames, is there a way to do that?

Sure, various ways to do this. A simple method is to convert the first frame's bitmap layer to vector (right-mouse click that layer and choose "Convert Layer"). After doing that CS will create vector layers instead of bitmap layers when a new animation frame is added.

Or add a new vector layer in the animation folder, and assign that to the first frame instead. Delete the bitmap layer, and select the vector frame. Again, CS will assume you want to animate with vector layers.

Response to Terrible Brush on Animate CC 2016-08-13 12:16:12

So, at the end of the day I decided I'll go with Pencil tool, correct the curves and then convert lines to shapes.

Response to Terrible Brush on Animate CC 2016-08-13 20:36:07

Try this in Animate CC:

https://creative.adobe.com/addons/products/12358

Thanks!