00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why does death seem so unreal?

1,052 Views | 7 Replies

I saw my cousin's dead body and I thought he'd get up and everything would be normal. When I heard of a user that died from cancer on GOA I thought one day he'd wake up, he wasn't really dead. Death seems like this horrible joke, it doesn't seem real, it just seems to horrible to be real.. We hear about death every day but it still seems unreal to me, something so horrible can't be real..

Response to Why does death seem so unreal? 2016-08-07 20:27:55

At 8/7/16 08:14 PM, ZE13 wrote: Death seems like this horrible joke

Life can seem like a horrible joke depending on how you look at it.

I think death is the one thing almost everybody gets uncomfortable with talking about because its the 1 Thing every single living creature has in common, yet no one knows for sure what comes after our inevitable mortality, only speculation of what might come hereafter.

Then of course usually with the talk of death, comes the talk of an afterlife and our belief system which always varies from person to person. I believe in the afterlife and reincarnation of the energies and don't take "death" as a final answer

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Why does death seem so unreal? 2016-08-07 21:01:09

When my grandma died, a couple days later I tried to call her...

It's all so very, very sad.

BBS Signature

Response to Why does death seem so unreal? 2016-08-07 21:08:05

I've had several dreams where my dad would come back from some extended vacation, like it never happened.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Why does death seem so unreal? 2016-08-07 21:12:08

it's final, the possible nothingness and absolution of it all is hard for some people's minds to grasp.

most my childhood, majority of people i knew stayed alive. now, seems every other year or every year someone dies, kinda sucks.

the worst was my dad. at odds my whole life after i became a teen, he ends up with cancer, i return from across the country, 2 weeks later he dies. we were friendly and becoming friends, he's gone. to make matters worse, my blame myself first attitude felt i contributed to his end, which i did not.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Why does death seem so unreal? 2016-08-07 22:40:56

At 8/7/16 08:16 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: What's wrong with death?

The fact that I'll eventually die is the most comforting thing in the world.

I used to be terrified of death but now I find it to be the ultimate inconvenience.

Six weeks from retirement? Have a heart attack!
Your favorite musician is on tour? They just got pneumonia!

Death can go fuck itself.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Why does death seem so unreal? 2016-08-07 22:56:49

Seems real to me.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Why does death seem so unreal? 2016-08-07 22:59:37

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature