00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

WannabePyx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Do you like being called cute names

863 Views | 20 Replies

Like cupcake, cutie pie, and stuff like that?

Let's say your male friend calls you little muffin and says you have a cute little navel would you like that?

What's with you and guys calling other guys "cute little muffin"? No, I wouldn't like that. If a girl calls me cute, it's fine. If a guy calls me cute, it's fine. If a guy calls me a cute little muffin with a cute little navel, then we have a problem.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-06 23:18:59

I'm not opposed to being called by a cute name, more important is who is calling me what name. For some people it would be inappropriate for them to call me a cute name (my boss), but for others (romantic partner) it would likely be alright.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-06 23:20:32

At 8/6/16 11:17 PM, icecreammac wrote: What's with you and guys calling other guys "cute little muffin"? No, I wouldn't like that. If a girl calls me cute, it's fine. If a guy calls me cute, it's fine. If a guy calls me a cute little muffin with a cute little navel, then we have a problem.

Why would you have a problem?

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-06 23:22:13

wouldn't be my favorite thing to have a cute nickname from a male, would tolerate it from a female.

course, i sometimes call my male friends princess.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-06 23:28:04

At 8/6/16 11:20 PM, ZE13 wrote: Why would you have a problem?

It's condescending and creepy.

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-07 00:17:53

Depends on who it is and how well I know them.

Some Subway employee kept bizarrely calling me "buddy" from the moment I walked in today. It was constant and not really normal. "Hey buddy, how can I help you?" "What sandwich do you want buddy?" "Any cheese buddy?" "Toasted or untoasted buddy?" "What toppings do you want buddy?" "What sauce would you like buddy?" Then that was it for a while, until he came up to me and said, "Hey buddy, I'm about to close in 10 minutes--is that okay with you?" And I just said, "No, that's not okay." Then he just said, "All right, well you stay cool, K boss?" From buddy constantly to boss. That was it, and then I left with a weird taste in my mouth.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-07 00:22:04

At 8/6/16 11:14 PM, ZE13 wrote: Let's say your male friend says you have a cute little navel would you like that?

The real question is how I ended up hanging around a homosexual sailor man in heat

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-07 01:12:31

Only if it was from my partner. Anyone else, and I would probably stop being friends with them because it would make me too uncomfortable.
I mean, unless it's sarcasm but that's different.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-07 01:39:34

Only if I get called those kinds of names by the person I'm dating.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-07 01:47:39

At 8/7/16 01:15 AM, Ishmaelist wrote:
I call all women I meet 'sweet cheeks'

I know this is off-topic, but your sig is glorious.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

At 8/7/16 01:49 AM, Ishmaelist wrote:
At 8/7/16 01:47 AM, Oddlem wrote:
I know this is off-topic, but your sig is glorious.
mods ban this man

B-but the MS Paint skills.

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-07 02:11:15

At 8/7/16 01:12 AM, Oddlem wrote: Only if it was from my partner. Anyone else, and I would probably stop being friends with them because it would make me too uncomfortable.
I mean, unless it's sarcasm but that's different.

Why would it make you uncomfortable?

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-07 02:21:41

At 8/7/16 02:06 AM, Ishmaelist wrote:
Why are you talking about your own art page?

I gotta admit, that was pretty savage.

At 8/7/16 02:11 AM, ZE13 wrote:
Why would it make you uncomfortable?

I feel as though it's just inappropriate to say so, and also because I don't like being close to people just in general. Nicknames, to me, is a sign that I fully trust and feel a certain way towards a person and that cannot be obtained and still only be friends. So it's reserved solely for someone I care about deeply, and not just a casual friendship if that makes sense.
Also I'm pretty bad at explaining things, so I won't be surprised if you need me to clarify anything. :P

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-07 02:59:47

My girlfriend's name starts with an R and she finds it adorable when I mispronounce it with a W. She then does the same with the L in my name.

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-07 04:30:01

Only by cute guys.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-07 09:04:19

It would certainly be nice for a change at least it wouldn't be rejection

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-07 09:08:51

At 8/7/16 03:20 AM, zornuzkull wrote: Sounds like something I would do to piss someone off...

like me calling my friends princess.

i made the mistake, once, of calling a light fling of a female princess, things got real crazy real quick.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

At 8/7/16 04:30 AM, Painbringer wrote: Only by cute guys.

Agreed.

Too bad the only one I know now claims he is a woman.

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-07 13:15:19

At 8/6/16 11:14 PM, ZE13 wrote: Let's say your male friend calls you little muffin and says you have a cute little navel would you like that?

Only if he promises to eat cereal out of it and call me Tony Tolliver instead of little muffin.

"It's called consolidation; strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals."

I also draw stuff. Here's some of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Do you like being called cute names 2016-08-07 14:51:37

Yes, I like names like babycakes/Kayleecakes/sugar tits.

BBS Signature