00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dakale just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your Memory.

1,526 Views | 33 Replies

Your Memory. 2016-08-06 01:17:17

Do you think you have a decent memory, or is your memory utter shit?

I think mine is decent. I'm good at remembering things that that have occurred, as well as things people have said. I'm no good with exact dates, but I can remember when things happened based on other events that happened around the same timeframe. I have some friends who have terrible memories, and are often amazed with the things that I remember about our friendships. I wonder if it's easier to have a good or poor memory.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 01:20:26

I have a excellent memory. I remember dates, times, and minor details.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 01:20:52

At 8/6/16 01:18 AM, MemeFiend3 wrote: both

Elaboration.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 01:25:51 (edited 2016-08-06 01:27:16)

I can't remember a lot of important things that I should know or long term things, but for some reason I can always remember tiny details really easily. Like long, complicated passwords or small facts about people close to me.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 01:40:52

I'm ADD, so I have really good long term memory, but shit short term memory. Truly is a bitch for my work.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 01:46:12 (edited 2016-08-06 01:58:47)

sometimes good, sometimes bad.

i have never remembered names or dates. when someone introduces themselves, i will forget their name before they finish saying it. it's like the information doesn't even save at all. i have to make a strong effort to even slightly have a chance to remember.

dates and names, i think i somewhere along the lines decided it's throw away information. you can always have a calendar, dates covered. and names, majority of people i've met are people i only see once.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 01:53:08

I remember significant details. Personal details are insignificant.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 01:53:16

I have a bad short term memory, but an amazing long term memory. Which is both really awesome and yet a curse. Because I can remember wonderful things with great detail... then I can also remember bad things with great detail.

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 02:25:28

Eh, it could be a lot worse.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 04:56:36

At 8/6/16 02:00 AM, zornuzkull wrote: My Brain is like swiss cheese it's full of holes...

Should've watched that first step in the Quantum Accelerator, Sam

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 06:18:04

At 8/6/16 01:17 AM, Kayleeee wrote: Do you think you have a decent memory, or is your memory utter shit?

What was the question?

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 06:52:42

Long term memory is fuckin ace. Short term memory ranges from average to garbage. I really have to pay attention if I know I'll need to remember something, but my long term memory is far better than most. I can remember exact words and even the clothes people were wearing dating back to when I was only like 2 years old, maybe even younger. I still even remember vivid dreams I had at the age of 3. So for better or for worse I remember every embarrassing, painful, and traumatizing experience in my life like it was yesterday but I space the fuck out hard nowadays and my short term memory is absolute trash.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 08:51:44

I can give you directions to the every ramen bar in the city with photographic levels of accuracy, but I'd have to look down to tell you what color shirt I'm wearing.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 11:53:14

Thread reminded me of that movie Memento and how much it made me uncomfortable thinking about having a brain that doesn't work correctly, I dunno how women handle it :^)

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 12:40:13

I can't remember my name. Who am I?

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 12:43:40

At 8/6/16 01:40 AM, Monster64 wrote: I'm ADD, so I have really good long term memory, but shit short term memory. Truly is a bitch for my work.

What is your work?

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 12:44:05

At 8/6/16 12:43 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
At 8/6/16 01:40 AM, Monster64 wrote: I'm ADD, so I have really good long term memory, but shit short term memory. Truly is a bitch for my work.
What is your work?

Police.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 12:45:06

At 8/6/16 12:40 PM, MaynardHeart wrote: I can't remember my name. Who am I?

You're Maynard, and you have a good heart.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 13:04:13

Mine is okay I guess.
I mean I can't remember shit about what I ate yesterday but I can remember things that happened months ago as if it JUST happened. It's because I just deem certain shit more important than others and make it a point to remember them over trivial stuff.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 13:39:35

Utter shit.
It's harder with poor memory.

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 14:44:16

I have a horrible memory, so I wired my memory with CBMs to boost memory recall accuracy.

Of course, something went wrong and now I'm stuck in a permanent time loop that starts in 2005 and ends in 2010.

... it's not so bad, though. Just gets some time getting used to.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 14:57:05

At 8/6/16 02:48 PM, SansNumbers wrote: I was gonna write something here but then I forgot what it was.

EDIT: wait! I remember now--oh, never mind, I forgot again.

because I got high because I got high because I got high.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 15:49:16

My memory's pretty spotty on many occasions .

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 16:02:21

Mine is shite, and getting worse at an alarming rate.

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 20:34:58

My long term memory is very good. I can still remember dreams I had in my single digits, and song lyrics.

My short term is complete shit though. I can forget something within seconds. Or I'll think of something, forget it, then remember it again a bit later.

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-06 23:41:12

If something is really interesting or really ibothers me, I'll remember it for years. Otherwise, I could forget something that happened a few days ago.

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-07 02:23:36

At 8/6/16 11:53 AM, Radaketor wrote: having a brain that doesn't work correctly, I dunno how women handle it :^)

Ooooch, =(

I think I have a fairly decent memory considering the amounts of marijuwanna I use to toke. Often times I can have a flashback in time, and recall specific dialogue that was said from people;or a random funny comment, or meaningful phrase.

Listening to certain songs and seeing certain pics, playing certain games also triggers various memories. I think a lot of tragic events are like brain bookmarks, and wont let us forget certain things. Also, i have very good retention when it comes to reading and recalling what I just previously read.

Also also, fucc Xanax cuhz the last time i tried some of those I woke up not having a clue where my phone or wallet went; and I legit felt like my memory had a huge blank space. I felt like a daum z0mbie.Dont know how ppl like those and take them so frequently...

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-07 10:24:15

At 8/6/16 11:53 AM, Radaketor wrote: Thread reminded me of that movie Memento and how much it made me uncomfortable thinking about having a brain that doesn't work correctly, I dunno how women handle it :^)

Lmao

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-07 10:43:35

At 8/7/16 10:28 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: i've been told i have a really good memory

Yurgie has anyone ever told you about your really good memory?

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Your Memory. 2016-08-07 16:30:41

I have a pretty good memory. I can bring something up to a friend that we spoke about previously and they will have no idea what I'm talking about. I can also memorize dumb facts pretty easily -- not that rote memorization is particularly useful, but you can sometimes catch someone who likes talking out their ass off-guard by quoting a Wikipedia article which explains why they're full of shit.