00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pokemon Fire Red Version

612 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Pokemon Fire Red Version 2016-07-27 14:58:40

Let's drop our damn phones and talk about the true pokemon games!

I recently got Pokemon Fire Red Version for the Gameboy Advance, but I can't find a fucking Pikachu in the Viridian Forest!

Can someone help me?!

Response to Pokemon Fire Red Version 2016-07-27 16:26:24

After googling it, Pikachu only has a 5% spawn rate. You just have to encounter a lot if you really want it. :P
Personally though, if you want an electric type in your party I would just evolve an eevee into a jolteon. It's easier and has better stats, since I'm pretty sure you can get a Thunderstone early on.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Fire Red Version 2016-07-27 16:32:59

At 7/27/16 04:26 PM, Oddlem wrote: After googling it, Pikachu only has a 5% spawn rate. You just have to encounter a lot if you really want it. :P
Personally though, if you want an electric type in your party I would just evolve an eevee into a jolteon. It's easier and has better stats, since I'm pretty sure you can get a Thunderstone early on.

Okay thanks!

Response to Pokemon Fire Red Version 2016-07-30 03:19:53

At 7/27/16 04:26 PM, Oddlem wrote: After googling it, Pikachu only has a 5% spawn rate. You just have to encounter a lot if you really want it. :P

What he said. It usually takes a while to encounter a Pikachu.

With my experience of having a Pikachu and then Raichu on my team, I recommend just keeping it in your inbox, though. Whether it's Pikachu or Raichu, it's defense really sucks.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon Fire Red Version 2016-07-31 07:04:08

At 7/27/16 07:48 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: Awesome game. Spent many an hour on it.

Yeah, I remember that Pikachu being hard to find there. Unless you just want to do a bunch of running around there waiting for one to spawn (great for grinding) then I recommend waiting until you get to the Power Plant later in the game. Spawn rate for Pikachu's is 25% there I think.

If he picked Charmander for his starter though, getting a Pikachu in the forest is probably a pretty good idea. It's not like a 5% encounter rate is that low anyway.

As said, Jolteon is probably a better choice for an electric type (if you even care about having a good team). He used to be one of the best Pokemons in Gen I due to critical hit chance being tied to speed so that he had a ridiculously high chance to score a crit every turn. I believe they made crit chance fixed in Gen III, but he still has much better stats than Raichu.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature