00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Learning Together!

395 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Learning Together! 2016-07-20 19:01:35

So let me start off by saying I am completely inexperienced in art. I want to learn how to do it so bad but instead of starting out at a young age and gaining some sort of knowledge when it comes to drawing is at a all-time zero. I am mainly making this thread not looking for professional artists to teach me but really just finding other like-minded newbies to drawing and hopefully drawing and learning from each other.

If you are interested feel free to comment or message me directly! I am very excited to learn but I am at a loss at where to begin exactly.

Response to Learning Together! 2016-07-21 02:08:15

HI Kim-Pop,

I wish you the best in your learning experience however you have a better shot in joining up in DeviantArt or Tapastic these sites have more communities that are into just art. Anyway that's my opinion if you are aiming to work with more collab art projects you have a better shot there. I don't see much collab art projects only on these forums but there are a lot of art shared in the art portal.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature

Response to Learning Together! 2016-07-21 03:43:08

At 7/21/16 02:08 AM, Wondermeow wrote: HI Kim-Pop,

I wish you the best in your learning experience however you have a better shot in joining up in DeviantArt or Tapastic these sites have more communities that are into just art. Anyway that's my opinion if you are aiming to work with more collab art projects you have a better shot there. I don't see much collab art projects only on these forums but there are a lot of art shared in the art portal.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

Thanks! I was aware of DeviantArt but honestly completely forgot its existence. XD I will make a profile there. I will keep this up though just because you never know, y'know? Maybe I can find people here as well just like me who are like "Wtf is a defiant art...?" But I will surely look into it! Thanks for the input buddy.

Response to Learning Together! 2016-07-21 05:47:07 (edited 2016-07-21 05:48:40)

Hey there. The best thing you could try is draw basic shapes to get control of your medium. Are you drawing with a tablet or with pen and paper, or what? Next step would be to look into different shading techniques.

Art101 has a very basic overview here:

http://art101.newgrounds.com/news/post/270531

In that newspost there is a link to an exercise thread, you could give that a try, too.

When you have tried out these things you should make your own exercise / showcase thread here in the art forum. Just post whatever you are currently working on and eventually other users will point you in the right direction.

Once you have some control over your lines and learned hand-eye coordination, it's probably best to visit sites like posemaniacs or pixelovely to practice poses and anatomy.

BBS Signature

Response to Learning Together! 2016-07-21 16:02:03 (edited 2016-07-21 16:04:24)

Thanks for your suggestion and I will try it out! Thank you so much. :)
I will check out the site and practice with shapes ASAP!

P.S.: Sorry I forgot to add XD I use an art tablet, Huion. I currently use Manga Studio but I may switch to photoshop real soon.

Response to Learning Together! 2016-07-22 01:17:16

hiya.
I started out by watching tons of tutorials on youtube. Depending on what do you want to do I recommend Draw withJazza, Proko, Sycra. These guys helped me so much, I cant even explain.
Other than that, you should draw a shape/body part until you can do it in a short amount of time. for eg. try drawing an eye. First time it will take you maybe 10 mins. next time set the timer to 8 and try to recreate the same eye, but faster. and so on. I hope I'm making sense :)

Good luck

Don't let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life.

BBS Signature

Response to Learning Together! 2016-07-22 04:12:41

Yeah, I will try that once I get better with my tools. Thanks for the suggestion!