00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Baton Rouge shooting kills 3

2,130 Views | 45 Replies

Response to Baton Rouge shooting kills 3 2016-07-18 12:03:08

@DoctorStrongbad

i won't claim that my ideas are the way to go, just a way that i see may be helpful in our crumbling society. just seems to me that more pressing than objects being the root, it's the people and the value of life and/or mental stability.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Baton Rouge shooting kills 3 2016-07-18 12:04:05

At 7/17/16 11:39 PM, tyler2513 wrote: It's better to execute them then to have to pay to keep them alive in prison their whole lives. It's not like someone who is so twisted to commit something like this will ever have any remorse or turn around. There's got to be a point where the perpetrator has done something so atrocious that the only suitable penalty should be execution.

I agree with that. Jails are crowded enough that the death penalty will help solve that issue.

At 7/18/16 06:36 AM, VenomationsTV wrote: Man this sucks

It is a terrible crime that keeps happening over and over. Something has to be done.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Baton Rouge shooting kills 3 2016-07-18 14:03:11

At 7/17/16 03:08 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: and what would you do to prevent gun related violence

Ban officers

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Baton Rouge shooting kills 3 2016-07-18 14:28:02

At 7/18/16 06:39 AM, VenomationsTV wrote: I thought I was the only one who thought that...
I agree with tou one hundred percent dude.

We are making some good points in this topic. Always, happy to hear more.

At 7/18/16 11:11 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Oh great, DSB has gone back to his control release reply strategy. I thought he stopped usng that tactic after mods got onto him.

Oh look, sense-offender is back to his cherry picking posts , and not adding anything of value to the discussion. I thought he would of known better, but he is still low grade trolling.

BBS Signature

At 7/18/16 11:11 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Oh great, DSB has gone back to his control release reply strategy. I thought he stopped usng that tactic after mods got onto him.
Oh look, sense-offender is not adding anything of value to the discussion.

You mean the thing that you're oh so famous for doing?

Oh lord, save us now!

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Baton Rouge shooting kills 3 2016-07-18 16:18:27

At 7/17/16 03:53 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/17/16 03:08 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: and what would you do to prevent gun related violence
Tougher laws on owing guns and/or bullets could be a good start.

People will always find someway to get around the system or find some loop hole. Not that tougher laws wouldn't help close that up though.

Though with all the shootings and loss of lives as of late I feel bad for the good cops who get labeled as rotten due to the rotten apples.

Response to Baton Rouge shooting kills 3 2016-07-18 16:19:59

At 7/18/16 11:39 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: increased mental health help availability and public outreach and remove some people from public. there are many people who are not stable enough to be with the rest of us.

That would be helpful. Sometimes, proper medical can makl all the difference.

a lot of gun deaths are white men committing suicide, removing guns will probably not reduce that number much, so again, mental health outreach and possible tracking through younger life and into adulthood.

Men of any race can commit suicide with guns. Yes, it could help prevent those suicides.

another large portion of firearm deaths are black on black crime, often in areas where firearms and unconstitutionally illegal. i've heard and read on many occasions that among blacks, marriage rates were higher during the times of slavery in this nation. now, i don't necessarily believe that you need both parents to be a productive and complete adult, but i don't doubt it can help to have a stable home environment and strong role models to aspire to be.

I do agree that too much focus has been put upon blacks vs. police. Especially, when many blacks are police. Having two parents will always be better than just one lone parent.

to help with this, i suggest more community outreach and stronger programs similar to the big brother program. i know that family dynamic isn't much more than a small piece of the pie as to what can be wrong in the black community. i also suggest more programs for upward mobility in life, ie job training and placement. i fully support strong police presences in bad areas, they definitely act like a deterrent and suppressor of negative behavior.

Being trained and finding a good job will help make people financial stable. This would help all the races, not just blacks. However, communities should try to be helpful and respect the police. Hating the police and seeing them as an enemy, does nobody any good.

At 7/18/16 12:03 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: @DoctorStrongbad
i won't claim that my ideas are the way to go, just a way that i see may be helpful in our crumbling society. just seems to me that more pressing than objects being the root, it's the people and the value of life and/or mental stability.

Thank you for your ideas. I know it can be tough to suggest them, and then have others tear them apart. Offering ideas is the best way to figure out a solution.

BBS Signature

Response to Baton Rouge shooting kills 3 2016-07-18 17:25:24

genocide the entire human race

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Baton Rouge shooting kills 3 2016-07-18 18:46:24

At 7/18/16 01:53 PM, knight234 wrote: Man ever since Dallas these negros have been going shit ape shit on society.

There have been several shootings this year, and there might be more.

At 7/18/16 02:03 PM, satanbrain wrote: Ban officers

How would banning officers help? If anything, you need more officers. Somebody has to replace all the injured and murdered ones.

BBS Signature

Response to Baton Rouge shooting kills 3 2016-07-19 00:12:23

Cops are on edge because everyone in the country has a gun.
if I'm a police officer, I'm gonna be jumpy too, coz every fucking citizen is allowed to possess a goddamn fucking gun, for what reason? self-defense? there are a million other tools for self-defense besides a gun.

clean the guns up, and most cops will follow suit

Response to Baton Rouge shooting kills 3 2016-07-19 01:07:17

At 7/18/16 04:18 PM, LittleWashu wrote: People will always find someway to get around the system or find some loop hole. Not that tougher laws wouldn't help close that up though.

Do you think that lawyers are a part of the problem? Many criminals have gotten away with crimes due to a high paid lawyer.

Though with all the shootings and loss of lives as of late I feel bad for the good cops who get labeled as rotten due to the rotten apples.

It is hard to do your job well, when others hate you for little or no reason.

At 7/18/16 05:25 PM, TOXlCITY wrote: genocide the entire human race

That would be a great way to have a reset, but that is no the topic. Just trying to reduce shootings especially of innocent police officers.

BBS Signature

Response to Baton Rouge shooting kills 3 2016-07-19 09:46:52

At 7/18/16 04:19 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Men of any race can commit suicide with guns. Yes, it could help prevent those suicides.

yes, but white males make up a much larger portion than any other group. they're used when speaking about gun deaths and gun violence, when the person using the statistics is usually talking about people carrying out violent acts on a separate party.

i don't believe removing a firearm would really prevent suicide, there are tons of other ways to go about doing it. it's merely a convenient tool, but how limited is the availability of a knife for self inflicted mortal wounds or pills to overdose on? i just find that argument to be a bunch of humbug.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Baton Rouge shooting kills 3 2016-07-19 09:48:39

At 7/18/16 06:46 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/18/16 02:03 PM, satanbrain wrote: Ban officers
How would banning officers help? If anything, you need more officers. Somebody has to replace all the injured and murdered ones.

The Police is an oppressing european colonialist idea to subjugate africans

#blacklivesmatter

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Baton Rouge shooting kills 3 2016-07-19 11:07:18

At 7/19/16 12:12 AM, beakerboy wrote: Cops are on edge because everyone in the country has a gun.

Citizens are allowed to own guns.

if I'm a police officer, I'm gonna be jumpy too, coz every fucking citizen is allowed to possess a goddamn fucking gun, for what reason? self-defense? there are a million other tools for self-defense besides a gun.

Being a police officer is a very dangerous job. You could die any day.

clean the guns up, and most cops will follow suit

That is what I mentioned earlier. Glad to see that you agree with me.

At 7/19/16 05:19 AM, supergandhi64 wrote: let's have another page of this excellent thread

I am enjoying all the excellent discussions we are having. We had a few trolls earlier, but they got the hint and left.

BBS Signature

At 7/19/16 01:07 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/18/16 05:25 PM, TOXlCITY wrote: genocide the entire human race
That would be a great way to have a reset, but that is no the topic. Just trying to reduce shootings especially of innocent police officers.

small problem: you can't.

as long as america is a gun toting nation (and it will be forever, or at least a very long time) this will happen as often as the shooters want it to.

if we were a country that was not founded on firearms and the right to bear arms, the gun nuts wouldn't have any leverage.

but those values run deep in america. we can't just get rid of guns, as much as i'd love to (i fucking hate guns) you simply cannot without pissing off every air-wasting republican in existence. the most you can do in america is increase education about guns or have mandatory training upon purchasing a firearm; or we could go the switzerland route and make ammunition illegal to own. i'm in favor of all of those.

buckle up, get ready for the news' to overly saturate some more death, like we're not already used to it.

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

At 7/19/16 09:46 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: yes, but white males make up a much larger portion than any other group. they're used when speaking about gun deaths and gun violence, when the person using the statistics is usually talking about people carrying out violent acts on a separate party.

If that is true should the media be focused on " White Lives Matter"?

i don't believe removing a firearm would really prevent suicide, there are tons of other ways to go about doing it. it's merely a convenient tool, but how limited is the availability of a knife for self inflicted mortal wounds or pills to overdose on? i just find that argument to be a bunch of humbug.

A knife can kill one victim fast, but a gun can can many fast.That is the issue that we are trying to discuss.

At 7/19/16 09:48 AM, satanbrain wrote: The Police is an oppressing european colonialist idea to subjugate africans

No, that is backwards thinking.

#blacklivesmatter

No, see above.
#AllLivesMatter

BBS Signature