00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rage11603 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GameMaker Studio HTML5 integration

1,142 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sorry if this has been asked before, but "Game Maker" is kind of too generic a name for a program to search for and results are really inconclusive. At any rate, I have some GameMaker games I can export as HTML5 games. I was wondering if there's a way to integrate Newgrounds' achievement system?

Response to GameMaker Studio HTML5 integration 2016-07-08 08:35:11

At 7/6/16 02:11 AM, KyrioBS wrote: Sorry if this has been asked before, but "Game Maker" is kind of too generic a name for a program to search for and results are really inconclusive. At any rate, I have some GameMaker games I can export as HTML5 games. I was wondering if there's a way to integrate Newgrounds' achievement system?

Hi, I'm interested too. I looked through Newgrounds and I found this API for HTML5 games.

I haven't tried yet, and i don't know if GameMaker can use this. Because looks like you have to edit the .html file, not the code inside of the GameMaker project.

I hope someone is better informed about this than me. :P

It's good to learn something new every day!

Trying to develop games, music and art.

Follow my work!

Sorry for the necromancy but...

I managed to get the html5 API work as an extension for GameMaker Studio.

It's more complicated than I wanted it to be, because you have to go to the game script after you compiled it and replace generic named functions to the original ones because the compiler obfuscates the code to make it hard to modify.

Well here is a preview project to get the extension and some simple instructions.

Newgrounds API for GameMaker Studio

Follow my work!

Oh wow thanks. That's really helpful :)

The medals appear to work perfectly. And messing in a javascript file isn't that difficult if you have some experience with it, at least. Not to mention your instructions are perfectly clear.

Response to GameMaker Studio HTML5 integration 2016-07-25 17:48:41

Update:

I feel so dumb.

I just got home from work and realized that I didn't put macros on my extension, I thought I did so when the code gave me error I didn't check them.

It turns out that the extension will deal with everything now so you don't have to modify the final script. When I have it ready I reupload the project.

Cheers!

Follow my work!