00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Submission Quota

2,020 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio Submission Quota 2016-07-02 08:30:10

So I decided to finally release 10 tracks that have been sitting on my computer for quite sometime. I thought it'd be great to upload it to Newgrounds because that's how/why I started making music. I couldn't upload as a batch, which is a totally a different topic, so I had to publish them individually. After uploading 4 of them, I got a message saying that I can't publish at this time and I have reached a quota. Can someone tell me the duration of this lockout? I'd like to release it all together.

Response to Audio Submission Quota 2016-07-02 10:27:33

24 hours. The quota is a daily one.

Response to Audio Submission Quota 2016-07-02 17:41:38

At 7/2/16 10:27 AM, Troisnyx wrote: 24 hours. The quota is a daily one.

Ah, bummer. Thanks.

Response to Audio Submission Quota 2016-07-02 19:27:13

At 7/2/16 06:03 PM, NekoMika wrote:
At 7/2/16 05:41 PM, Tagiito wrote: Ah, bummer. Thanks.
Just to keep people from dumping a bunch of work at once you know? I have seen very, very rare times where an artist was given permission to upload more than 4 songs a day but they fell under special conditions for it as far as I know.

I wonder if they stretch this rule for game jams, or on request...

Response to Audio Submission Quota 2016-07-03 06:35:22

At 7/2/16 08:30 AM, Tagiito wrote: So I decided to finally release 10 tracks that have been sitting on my computer for quite sometime. I thought it'd be great to upload it to Newgrounds because that's how/why I started making music. I couldn't upload as a batch, which is a totally a different topic, so I had to publish them individually. After uploading 4 of them, I got a message saying that I can't publish at this time and I have reached a quota. Can someone tell me the duration of this lockout? I'd like to release it all together.

I've been suffering from the same problem the past two days and I've got 25 of them! :D
It will be somewhat slow and tedious to upload 4 at a time, but here's something I did: after uploading the song (+image+description) instead of clicking Publish, click Preview. It will basically save each one as a draft and then you can just publish the next 4 tomorrow. Leaves you with less work later. :)

What doesn't strong you, makes you killer.

YouTube | Bandcamp

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Submission Quota 2016-07-03 14:21:52

Really, the reason why this was implemented was that some people would post entire albums at a time, thus completely filling the new audio section and leaving no room for other new tracks to be shown. I seem to recall once seeing that someone had posted a number of tracks somewhere upwards of 20, which was completely ridiculous and was part of what prompted the addition of this feature, if I remember correctly.

In the end, just get your descriptions ready and release them four at a time, and it won't make much of a difference besides making people hang around to listen to the next few.

Response to Audio Submission Quota 2016-07-03 18:13:22

Not to pretend like I know about bandwidth but even 4 a day seems a bit much for a portal that doesn't blam anything.

Response to Audio Submission Quota 2016-07-11 21:19:41

Used to be 2 a day i swear

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Submission Quota 2016-07-12 09:08:41

At 7/11/16 09:19 PM, poinl wrote: Used to be 2 a day i swear

I remember petitioning against the 2-a-day quota back in 2012 because when it came down to game jams and you needed the entire soundtrack up for the day, which was often limited to 4 tracks, you needed to put them up; you needed no delay. NG was pretty active when it came to game jams in 2012. I'm likely not going to have been the only one who petitioned, because the quota was relaxed.

Response to Audio Submission Quota 2016-07-12 13:36:56

I would like to see something like one slot visibility per day on the AP list, so no spam, and if you upload something like multiple files, you could add a tag like [Album], [Playlist], while keeping a one line format.

Salut!

I create 3D art here, and you can listen to my album there! Comments/Feedback appreciated.

Merci!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Submission Quota 2016-08-24 09:46:02

At 7/12/16 01:36 PM, Daru925 wrote: I would like to see something like one slot visibility per day on the AP list, so no spam, and if you upload something like multiple files, you could add a tag like [Album], [Playlist], while keeping a one line format.

Yo, That's a good Idea right there. Or possible even making a new section with the audio portal specifically to those uploading albums at a time and just creating a playlist outta of it so you don't have to click into each link to listen. And then having the ability to go into an individual song to download if the option is available. That way all you see is Album name, you go in, see the song names, click on the song you liked from the playlist and woola, individual songs O3O

Response to Audio Submission Quota 2018-08-17 19:53:15

same! im trying to upload more than 4 songs i made in famitracker!!