00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who the fuck is Snoke???

5,926 Views | 26 Replies

Okay, we all know my theory as to who Rey is, so I’m not going to rehash that one… instead i’m going into my other theory. One other character in Star Wars is a mystery to us: Who is Supreme Leader Snoke?

Admittedly there isn’t much information on him out there and this leads to a whole new set of questions:
Where was he during the time of the Empire?
Did he have anything to do with the Emperor?
Most Importantly… WHO THE HELL IS HE???

Well… most people I’ve told this to so far DO NOT like my answer, but here goes…

That’s right, Supreme Leader Snoke is none other than Ezra Bridger!

Why do I think this? Let’s look at the evidence:
1. Star Wars Rebels doesn’t seem to deal with any main characters… why is that exactly? What significance does the show have then? The birth of the Rebellion? Sorry but, no. The birth of the rebellion happened in a cut scene from Episode 3. In fact, the loyalist committee during the Clone Wars became the Rebel Alliance early on. There is going to be a movie tie-in with Rebels at some point. I think that this will be the connection.

2. Age-wise, Bridger is about 14 and about the same age as Luke and Leia. Given the extreme amount of scarring Snoke has, it’s hard to tell how old he is, but Ezra would be within the correct age range.

3. Kylo Ren’s crossguard lightsaber. This… I admit is one of the weaker theories. Yes, Ezra is likely one of the few, if not only force user with knowledge of the crossguard lightsaber, so he would be the most likely person to show Ren how to build it… However, Ren’s lightsaber was built that way out of necessity more than anything else. Yes it was based on the old design so again, Ezra would be the logical person to show him how to do it, but the crossguard in this case was implemented to vent the extra energy that the cracked kyber crystal couldn’t handle. The crude design of the saber was meant to reflect the instability of it’s master, which I thought was a nice touch. So it’s not the best piece of evidence, but even weak evidence is still something.

4. Yoda tells Luke that he’s the last of the Jedi. From the most recent season of Rebels, it appears that he knew about Ezra and possible Kanan. Which means that either both Kanan and Ezra are dead, no longer Jedi, or… something more nefarious.

5. There is a rumor, though I couldn’t find the source, that the first Order was built with the remains of the Empire based at least in part on Sith teachings from Malachor… and who is currently in possession of, AND can open a Sith Holocron from Malachor?
why-it-makes-sense-for-star-wars-rebels-ezra-bridger-to-be-supreme-leader-snoke-802407Interesting…

6. We’ve already seen hints that Ezra has started down the dark path. The dark side called to him, he’s used sith abilities, and Maul seems fixated on making Ezra his new apprentice. With Kanan now blind, his Jedi training may not be as easy to carry out as it could have been… if even possible. Kanan will have a much harder time keeping his pledge to protect and teach Ezra from the call of the dark side.

7. Appearance… again slightly weaker given the animation style, but still enough to turn heads.

Again, not solid, but interesting.

That’s pretty much all of the evidence that has me convinced, now let’s take a look at the arguments against:

1. He can’t be! Snoke isn’t human, Ezra is!

-Really? Show me where in Star Wars lore they mention that Snoke isn’t human? His humanoid and badly scared, but there is nothing saying that he is any other species.

2. Why can’t Kanan be Snoke? He’d be older at that point and Ezra isn’t old enough!

-Ehh… again, how do we know that? Snoke’s scars make it nearly impossible for us to figure out his race, let alone his age. We know his very knowledgable of the force and has had run-ins with the Skywalker family, this suggests that he’s at least around their age. Also… I have a funny feeling that we see Kanan in The Force Awakens without knowing it… Lor San Tekka. Yup, another theory that happens to fit the facts. I’ll explore that one another time.

3. Snoke said he saw the Rise and Fall of the Empire! Ezra isn’t old enough.

-The rise of the Empire didn’t take place overnight. Just because the Emperor announced it and the Clones wiped out the Jedi, doesn’t suddenly turn the Republic into the Empire. There were systems that needed to be brought in line, a stronger star fleet that needed to be built, etc. etc. So in essence, Ezra would have seen the rise and fall of the Empire as Rebels takes place 14 years after Episode 3… Meaning that Ezra would have been born around the time Order 66 went out.

4. Where was Ezra during the Galactic Civil War then?

-Maybe he was behind the scenes? Maybe he was off in the unknown regions where Revan and the Exile went to find the Sith? Who knows, but even if Snoke isn’t Ezra, Snoke’s whereabouts during the GCW is something that needs to be addressed. So that’s not exactly a good argument against.

5. But for that to happen, all the other ghosts would have to die! No one wants to see that!

Um, says who? Though that would be in line with the type of things that go on in the Star Wars Universe, it doesn’t HAVE TO happen. In fact, there is another standing theory out there that Rey is Ezra and Sabine’s daughter and Lor San Tekka aka Kanan was watching over her as a sort of Obi Wan. It’s far-fetched… but it makes for good story. I agree that by the end, Kanan or Ezra would most likely need to die, if not both, but I don’t think that this is the case.

Anyway, that’s my two cents. I am as of now, 100% convinced that this is Snoke’s true identity. Please let me know your thoughts and any arguments that I missed out on, I’d be happy to address them!

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-01 21:13:19 (edited 2016-07-01 21:14:29)

Snoke and Ezra are two different beings.

Debunked

Edit: Different species is what I meant to say

BBS Signature

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-01 21:16:55

At 7/1/16 09:13 PM, Monster64 wrote: Snoke and Ezra are two different beings.

Debunked

As stayed above, where is it canonically stayed that they are different species?

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-01 21:19:36

At 7/1/16 09:16 PM, StCyril wrote:

Debunked

As stayed above, where is it canonically stayed that they are different species?

Look at this picture. He's clearly not human.

Who the fuck is Snoke???

BBS Signature

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-01 21:21:34 (edited 2016-07-01 21:22:25)

At 7/1/16 09:19 PM, Monster64 wrote:

Debunked

Look at Darth Vader without his helmet. He doesn't look much different.
Or anyone else with severe third degree burns on their face

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-01 21:22:48

Debunked

Here's a better picture. I think it's safe to say he's an alien of some sort.

Who the fuck is Snoke???

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-01 21:27:26

At 7/1/16 09:22 PM, poopmcfarts wrote:

Debunked

Here's a better picture. I think it's safe to say he's an alien of some sort.

I guess your right... I mean no injury could ever disfigure someone that badly... I guess THIS guy isn't human either.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-gets-new-face-son-5543128

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-01 21:27:43

Imagine since we only see holograms of him that he's like a foot tall in person and sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks?

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-01 21:29:19

At 7/1/16 09:27 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Imagine since we only see holograms of him that he's like a foot tall in person and sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

ROFLMAO!!!

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-01 21:32:30

Not sure if I have heard of a snoke....

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-01 21:43:26

darth pleigus

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-01 22:28:22

The better question is why his name is so stupid?

"Plz don't call NASA on me I'm afraid of astronauts dude" - DJ-Ri (2015)

BBS Signature

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-01 22:55:20

People think its plagueis

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-02 04:26:28

He's just a palette swap of Scorpion.

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-02 04:54:40

They would not make him a character taken from outside of the movie.
The only people who will get a thrill from that are hard-core Star Wars fans.
All other moviegoers will be clueless and won't give a shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-02 06:39:58

He looks more like the grand Inquisitor to me but I highly doubt that they would use a star wars rebels character in the new movies.

Who the fuck is Snoke???

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-02 07:29:04

Oh, Snoke is one of those Wii character memes right?

Who the fuck is Snoke???

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-02 09:15:55

At 7/1/16 10:55 PM, LazyDesert wrote: People think its plagueis
At 7/1/16 09:43 PM, Neoslayre wrote: darth pleigus

Which I'll never get. We already know what Plagueis looks like and it's nothing like Snoke.

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-02 09:41:58

Snoke is a Digimon

---

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-02 20:59:16

At 7/2/16 09:15 AM, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 7/1/16 10:55 PM, LazyDesert wrote: People think its plagueis
At 7/1/16 09:43 PM, Neoslayre wrote: darth pleigus
Which I'll never get. We already know what Plagueis looks like and it's nothing like Snoke.

Thank you!

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-03 03:21:27

It's not Ezra or palpatine writers confirmed this now stop. Plus the new canon is shit if they wanted to make another three movies they should have gone with the books of the original EU.

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-05 20:15:43

No one interesting, unfortunately. For him to be a familiar character would require too much back peddling at this point, or if they really tried to push it the end twist would have so many layers and explanation required it would be bizzare and out of place in a Star Wars film.

Best we can hope for is to make him interesting and more importantly unique in the next film. He already may as well not have been in the last film, if he ends up just being a thin rethread of the emperor they just shouldn't have bothered with this character at all. Kylo is more interesting and believable without a master, and Snoke himself requires some excessive suspension of disbelief if he's meant to be a major player who's just been lurking in the background for two trilogies.

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-05 20:25:01

A reincarnation of 'Satan' as a humanoid

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-05 23:02:40

This is Snake.

Who the fuck is Snoke???

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-06 01:32:47

Hid name is funny. That's about it.

"Opinions are like assholes and you're an asshole"

BBS Signature

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-27 10:26:29

At 7/6/16 03:17 AM, Stereocrisis wrote: Why can't Snoke just be an all new character? Why does he have to be someone other than Snoke?

No, no he can't, because I said so. Next question.

Response to Who the fuck is Snoke??? 2016-07-27 14:14:56

She's an asshole