00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Value for quality wireless headpho?

1,157 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hi guys. I thought you guys might have some recommendations for me since (I assume) you're mostly audiophiles here.

I'm looking for headphones which has the following:
- Balanced sound. I hate it when the bass covers over everything.
- Wireless (for home PC use). Preferably using wireless USB dongle, but I'm also okay with installing a wireless/bluetooth/audio driver.
- Minimal latency.
- Looks cute or sleek like B&O. I don't want like the "gamer" look.

Budget is $200 MAX, preferably below $150.

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Value for quality wireless headpho? 2016-06-27 02:09:18

At 6/27/16 01:30 AM, Jin wrote: Hi guys. I thought you guys might have some recommendations for me since (I assume) you're mostly audiophiles here.

I'm looking for headphones which has the following:
- Balanced sound. I hate it when the bass covers over everything.
- Wireless (for home PC use). Preferably using wireless USB dongle, but I'm also okay with installing a wireless/bluetooth/audio driver.
- Minimal latency.
- Looks cute or sleek like B&O. I don't want like the "gamer" look.

Budget is $200 MAX, preferably below $150.

Why wireless?

May I recommend some high fidelity cans? Sennheiser HD598 will come in RIGHT at your price range.

BBS Signature

Response to Value for quality wireless headpho? 2016-06-27 02:17:25

At 6/27/16 02:09 AM, Migashi wrote: Why wireless?

I'd like my desk to look very clean. Wired isn't a deal breaker though.

May I recommend some high fidelity cans? Sennheiser HD598 will come in RIGHT at your price range.

That looks nice. I'll go for that if there aren't better suggestions. Thank you. :)

This post is generated by human intelligence (or lack thereof).

Response to Value for quality wireless headpho? 2016-06-27 02:45:31

At 6/27/16 02:17 AM, Jin wrote:
At 6/27/16 02:09 AM, Migashi wrote: Why wireless?
I'd like my desk to look very clean. Wired isn't a deal breaker though.

That looks nice. I'll go for that if there aren't better suggestions. Thank you. :)

Well on the plus side; most hifi headphones will feature a chord you can remove. So for storage purposes, you could keep the cable in your drawer. Also; if, after a year or more of use... if you get the infamous aux short in your cable, you can just buy a replacement cable instead of headphones. Better yet, rechargeable batteries lose their luster.... and regular batteries do get expensive after a while.

$150 is going to be a tough pricepoint for wireless though. Sony has an option or two, but in my experience, Sony headphones are unacceptably heavy. I know there are bluetooth Beats headphones at about $160... but I can't attest to their sound quality. Bose makes good sounding light over-ear cans... but are going to be outside of your budget.

I can guarantee you'll fall in love with those Sennheisers though

BBS Signature