00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games that you can't get good at.

1,300 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Games that you can't get good at. 2016-06-23 15:16:01

We all have that one game that you can never master no matter how hard you try, so lets list some of them here.

Mine is Crash Bandicoot, I can never get good at it no matter how hard I try, the other ones I am decent at though.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-06-23 16:14:43

At 6/23/16 03:16 PM, poopmcfarts wrote: We all have that one game that you can never master no matter how hard you try, so lets list some of them here.

Mine is Crash Bandicoot, I can never get good at it no matter how hard I try, the other ones I am decent at though.

I kind of suck at Manhunt, but it's also kind of a hard game. Besides that, though, I don't think I've ever played a game that I haven't been able to get good at.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-06-23 16:43:55

Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania for the NES

Listen to drumstep awesomeness xd: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/683617

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-06-24 05:39:59

At 6/23/16 03:16 PM, poopmcfarts wrote: We all have that one game that you can never master no matter how hard you try, so lets list some of them here.

Rocket League. I got ok. But something didn't click for me and I never excelled at it. Not sure what I was doing wrong and I'm sure it's something that, if I knew, I would improve a lot. But since I never figured out what it was, I moved on.

Really fun game though.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-06-24 13:11:38

Any RTS game.

Time to bust a move and get it started. Time's wastin'.

-Mace 2.0

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-06-25 20:10:26

At 6/25/16 08:04 PM, kanef wrote:
At 6/23/16 03:16 PM, poopmcfarts wrote: Mine is Crash Bandicoot, I can never get good at it no matter how hard I try, the other ones I am decent at though.
i beat that when i was six stoopid dummy

The game is easy to beat normally, but trying to beat the game 100% is a fucking nightmare.

Sig by illicit.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-06-25 20:36:10

At 6/25/16 08:30 PM, kanef wrote:
At 6/25/16 08:10 PM, poopmcfarts wrote: The game is easy to beat normally, but trying to beat the game 100% is a fucking nightmare.
i also did that when i was six

Well shit.

Sig by illicit.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-06-26 20:20:46

At 6/23/16 07:51 PM, BonemanCharles wrote: CSGO, I just get frustrated playing at my friends double AK rank
I dont have enough time to waste practicing this game

^ That.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-06-26 20:25:24

I'm not awful at 2D platformers, but I haven't gotten any better than I was when I was 8.

Thanks for the sig Homi even if you're a Homicidee

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-06-30 04:41:16

I'm not that great at any kind of platformer on the SNES.

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-06-30 21:12:24

you can get good at literally anything with enough practice

"Death upon death... Nothing but death in this barren land. Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here."

~The Journal of a Man Who Wandered into Another World

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-06-30 22:58:16

There is no game I haven't been able to master with enough practice.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-07-07 11:52:13

At 6/30/16 10:58 PM, Mismo wrote: There is no game I haven't been able to master with enough practice.

Same. I feel like everyone is the same in this regard, just that many people don't have enough patience to put in the time or deal with the failure that comes with gitting gud.

That said, I'm not very good at strategy games because I just don't like them much, I think they're boring. A friend tried getting me into Hearts of Iron IV and I was doing decently well but damn is it boring. A lot of the time is spent just waiting for nothing to happen, and even when you're in a war you often times just sit there and wait to win or wait for the people you are microing to finish doing what they were supposed to do.

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-07-07 21:40:57

i'm decent at most games, my weak area tends to be sports games. not to say i'm bad at them, but not up to par against someone who is actually good.

really though, most competitive games, i don't try as hard as i could. i have a thing where i tend to take a dive when it comes to vs type situations.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-07-07 23:18:47

Street FIghter, been playing SFV a lot but it seems no matter how much i practice, i still get shit on against anyone online. It's still fun though.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-07-07 23:43:00

Fighting games

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-07-07 23:49:37

At 7/7/16 11:43 PM, LazyDesert wrote: Fighting games

This, I am usually awful at fighting games, (unless you count Smash Bros). The one I'm worst at though is Street Fighter, I hate the half circle shit, at least in Mortal Kombat you don't have to do stuff like that.

Sig by illicit.

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-07-10 11:21:58

I sort of agree with the Crash Bandicoot...There are some levels that are a little hard to beat... Loved that game though!

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-07-10 20:23:59

Any and all traditional fighting games.

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-07-10 20:28:01

Shantae and the pirate's curse

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-07-10 22:46:15

Even though I played it when I was little, I can't seem to get better at Age of Empires 2. It might be because I was used to playing against bad AI from the originals, and I get bored after a few games of playing nowadays so I don't really get anywhere.
It's still fun though, but I'm pretty bad.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Games that you can't get good at. 2016-07-11 11:02:08

Any fighting game, an First-Person game with Fallout 3 being the exception because I can stop time and careful plan where to shoot people.

At 7/10/16 01:06 AM, Anarkat wrote: Any Civ game, especially Civ 5. I love them but they're difficult to play.

I think you're supposed to make alliances with everyone and then stab them in the back when they're most vulnerable.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature