00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

raptxr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals.

1,588 Views | 22 Replies

Have you ever/would you ever?

I know some people would never rescue a stray due to concerns for aggressiveness, diseases, hated of animals, etc.

I've rescued two stray dogs before.

One was a Jack Russell, running down a straight in the country. I stopped the car, pulled over, and the dog got into my car. I went knocking door to door until I found its owner, because the dog wasn't wearing a tag.

The other dog was a pit bull that was running up and down a busy street. I, again, stopped the car, pulled over, and the dog got into my car. This dog was wearing an ID tag. I called the owner and got the address for the dog, and returned the dog safely.

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-20 19:33:59

I never picked up or rescued one before, but I have fed one that would always go outside my house when I was little. My mom brang it inside and it immediately hid behind our TV. She was able to take it back outside, and awhile later it never came back.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-20 19:47:24

I avoid picking up stray animals/humans whenever possible.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-20 20:38:57

At 6/20/16 08:08 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: All of the dogs me and my family have owned over the past several years have been rescues, although primarily from shelters.

My first dog that I adopted came from the Humane Society, and the second I took off an owner who was going to take her to the Humane Society if someone didn't want her (pit bull\lab mix, 5 years old, bad hips). Shelter dogs are the best dogs imo.

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-21 02:14:45

I laugh at dead animals I pass on the road.

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-21 02:24:13

Whenever I'm running and there is a turtle on the road, I stop my pace and carry the little guy to safety. That's the most rescuing I've ever had to do so far!

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-21 02:54:10

I always pick up fresh food.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-21 08:17:46

At 6/21/16 02:24 AM, FinaLee wrote: Whenever I'm running and there is a turtle on the road, I stop my pace and carry the little guy to safety. That's the most rescuing I've ever had to do so far!

So cute.

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-21 11:53:37

had 1 dog come up in the middle of the night, after hours of coaxing with treats and such, i gained some trust. his fur was basically tied in nots, and he was skin and bones. only had that one for about a year and a half, he got hit by a car.

my cat may have been feral, got her as a kitten from someone else. she's going on 2 now, still a little weird.

had another dog that had 3 previous owners, the first beat him and the other 2 let him get his way since he was 95lbs and would show aggression. i curbed many of his bad behaviors, though he was still ready to get aggressive and bitey if he was in trouble. had him for 2 years before cancer.

i kinda want a pure breed for my next dog, but i'll probably end up picking up some mutt puppy from the pound.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-21 16:14:49

At 6/21/16 03:34 PM, SirWaffleThe3rd wrote: NSFW

Found a link to this and a lot of other "strange" things in chat last night.

Get out of my thread with that grotesque shit

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-21 16:34:16

i rescued a dog years ago
was worth it

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-22 04:55:17

I rescued a young bird that got itself stuck in a planter box.

This handy video can help you learn what to do if you find a baby birb.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/video/2016/04/how_to_save_a_baby_bird_you_found_out_of_its_nest_video.html

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-22 07:40:59

I saved a beetle from a spider web a few nights ago, my bitch of a dog subsequently walked over and ate it.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-22 07:45:18

At 6/21/16 03:34 PM, SirWaffleThe3rd wrote: NSFW

Found a link to this and a lot of other "strange" things in chat last night.

I bet you get up to all kinds of weird shit on the deep web

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-22 08:14:44

At 6/21/16 11:58 PM, SirWaffleThe3rd wrote:
At 6/21/16 04:14 PM, Kayleeee wrote:
Get out of my thread with that grotesque shit
I warned you it was "NSFW" and that it was "Strange"

Just because you see something on the Internet doesn't mean you have to share that something with other people. ESPECIALLY NOT IN MY CUTE INNOCENT THREAD.

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-22 09:19:49

Every pet ive had has either been a rescue or something i've yanked off the side of the road. Loads of cats, mainly.

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-22 14:57:31

At 6/20/16 07:31 PM, Kayleeee wrote: Have you ever/would you ever?

I never have, but I probably would.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

At 6/20/16 07:31 PM, Kayleeee wrote: Have you ever/would you ever?

I know some people would never rescue a stray due to concerns for aggressiveness, diseases, hated of animals, etc.

I know that my sister (who's now in her late 20's/early 30's) had found found a kitten when she was little. She named her Lucky because she was lucky to be found, and she lived up until 21 years old. Sadly though, she died a few years back due to kidney problems. She did manage to live a really long time for a cat though.

Also once when I was about 12 years old, my friend and I found a wounded female duck. She died the next day though, since she had a severe bite thing in her neck.

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-23 01:24:07

Growing up, I actually used to rehabilitate puppies and kittens for the animal shelter out of volunteer work, all of which who came off the streets, from abusive families etc, and make them more sociable towards humans.

I've grown such an art with animals, that I can make even the most antisocial, aggressive cat be affectionate towards me in an instant.

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-23 02:15:03

At 6/23/16 01:24 AM, Monster64 wrote: I've grown such an art with animals, that I can make even the most antisocial, aggressive cat be affectionate towards me in an instant.

How do you do it?

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-23 03:28:31

I used too a lot but for the most part now don't. Too much bs from people where I currently live. Once I move maybe I will again.
It is nice when they turn out to be someone's pet they want back instead of a dumped animal.

A long time ago I figured I get my meat from the store so why not help out the stray cats and dogs hanging around since they ain't food.
Of course there was this one group of kittens I met that were dining on their roadkill sibling. They grew up to be pretty normal cats and had alright lifespans.

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-23 07:13:43

At 6/23/16 02:15 AM, Xgsniper wrote:
At 6/23/16 01:24 AM, Monster64 wrote: I've grown such an art with animals, that I can make even the most antisocial, aggressive cat be affectionate towards me in an instant.
How do you do it?

@Monster64 cutest thing I've read in this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Rescuing/Picking Up Stray Animals. 2016-06-23 16:12:49

At 6/23/16 02:15 AM, Xgsniper wrote:
How do you do it?

After a day of policing, I don't feel like lecturing people on cat psychology. message me and I'll try and hold a convo with you another time

BBS Signature