00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AVKid4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GoldenEye 007 , an awesome fps

757 Views | 11 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

GoldenEye 007 , an awesome fps 2016-06-19 21:00:22

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoldenEye_007_(1997_video_game)

It was an awesome first-person shooter that features both single and multiplayer modes. Did you enjoy this game, or think it is overrated?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to GoldenEye 007 , an awesome fps 2016-06-19 22:08:35

At 6/19/16 09:07 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: I've never played it. I did play the remake on Wii. The controls really killed the experience. When they brought it over to the PS3 and 360 as "Reloaded" I tried it out again and it was actually a lot better than the Wii version.

The N64 original was excellent. Playing against friends was so much fun.

Anyways, I need to get around to playing the original at some point.

You should check out the original.

BBS Signature

Response to GoldenEye 007 , an awesome fps 2016-06-19 22:25:48

I liked the N64 version, I remember fucking around a lot in multiplayer, but also enjoying single-player. Hell, a few months back I got together with some friends to play multiplayer again, and it was still pretty fun, but definitely needs some getting used to.

But to be honest, I think 007: Nightfire on the Gamecube was a better game, especially with the multiplayer.

Response to GoldenEye 007 , an awesome fps 2016-06-19 22:37:52

At 6/19/16 10:25 PM, MiroDK wrote: I liked the N64 version, I remember fucking around a lot in multiplayer, but also enjoying single-player. Hell, a few months back I got together with some friends to play multiplayer again, and it was still pretty fun, but definitely needs some getting used to.

Yes, playing multiplayer was fun. It is still good today.

But to be honest, I think 007: Nightfire on the Gamecube was a better game, especially with the multiplayer.

Yes, the Gamecube version was better.

BBS Signature

Response to GoldenEye 007 , an awesome fps 2016-06-20 11:01:07

At 6/19/16 11:10 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: Overrated! Seems like everyone brings it up all the time. It has also aged horribly.

You are the first to say it is overrated.

BBS Signature

Response to GoldenEye 007 , an awesome fps 2016-06-20 14:34:59

At 6/20/16 11:01 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 6/19/16 11:10 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: Overrated! Seems like everyone brings it up all the time. It has also aged horribly.

I played the hell out of that game as a kid. It's the game everyone my age talks about with reverence no matter how much or little they played games and I can tell you that it's kind of shit. It just doesn't play well and didn't back when it came out. Plus people tend to overstate its importance historically, it was the first unique and popular console FPS, true, but it didn't really bring the genre into prominence like Halo did and it hasn't held up like Perfect Dark has. It's mostly notable just for being really popular.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to GoldenEye 007 , an awesome fps 2016-06-20 14:54:09

At 6/19/16 09:07 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: I've never played it. I did play the remake on Wii.

That is a very different game.

I imagine the N64 game holds up pretty well despite the graphics aging a lot. Perfect Dark is still plenty fun.

At 6/19/16 10:08 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 6/19/16 09:07 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote:
The N64 original was excellent. Playing against friends was so much fun.
Anyways, I need to get around to playing the original at some point.
You should check out the original.
At 6/19/16 10:37 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 6/19/16 10:25 PM, MiroDK wrote: I got together with some friends to play multiplayer again, and it was still pretty fun
Yes, playing multiplayer was fun. It is still good today.
Nightfire on the Gamecube was a better game
Yes, the Gamecube version was better.

Jesus Christ, Mojo Jojo.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to GoldenEye 007 , an awesome fps 2016-06-20 16:58:00

At 6/20/16 02:34 PM, Jercurpac wrote: I played the hell out of that game as a kid. It's the game everyone my age talks about with reverence no matter how much or little they played games and I can tell you that it's kind of shit. Plus people tend to overstate its importance historically, it was the first unique and popular console FPS, true, but it didn't really bring the genre into prominence and it hasn't held up like Perfect Dark has. It's mostly notable just for being really popular.

You seem to have enjoyed , but also think it is overrated. You sound undecided.

At 6/20/16 03:21 PM, kanef wrote: uncle played the shit out of it, if i ever get an N64 im probably picking this up first

You should play it on the N64 if you can. It is not the same any other way.

BBS Signature

Response to GoldenEye 007 , an awesome fps 2016-06-23 09:32:56

At 6/20/16 02:34 PM, Jercurpac wrote:
At 6/20/16 11:01 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
I played the hell out of that game as a kid. It's the game everyone my age talks about with reverence no matter how much or little they played games and I can tell you that it's kind of shit. It just doesn't play well and didn't back when it came out. Plus people tend to overstate its importance historically, it was the first unique and popular console FPS, true, but it didn't really bring the genre into prominence like Halo did and it hasn't held up like Perfect Dark has. It's mostly notable just for being really popular.

I agree. I've played a few golden eye games that came afterwards, honestly, NONE have come close to how much I loved the 64 version. Let's not talk about perfect dark. The 64 version was outstanding, and I couldn't wait to get it for the xbox 360. I couldn't make it past the first level for perfect dark zero and I've never played it again.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to GoldenEye 007 , an awesome fps 2016-06-23 18:10:24

At 6/23/16 09:32 AM, kidray76 wrote: I agree. I've played a few golden eye games that came afterwards, honestly, NONE have come close to how much I loved the 64 version. Let's not talk about perfect dark. The 64 version was outstanding, and I couldn't wait to get it for the xbox 360. I couldn't make it past the first level for perfect dark zero and I've never played it again.

The original will always have a special place in my memories. Playing against friends and just having fun. Will their ever be another 007 game?

BBS Signature

Response to GoldenEye 007 , an awesome fps 2016-06-23 19:16:11

Yes it definitely has, and I was never a fan of single player. But it is so fun to play with friends.

"Ya'll can kiss my ass" - James Allen "Red Dog"

Sig by illicit.

Are you bored and have nothing to do? Then click this!

BBS Signature

Response to GoldenEye 007 , an awesome fps 2016-06-23 20:38:25

At 6/23/16 07:16 PM, poopmcfarts wrote:
Yes it definitely has, and I was never a fan of single player. But it is so fun to play with friends.

Playing with friends is the best way to enjoy this game. Single player is okay.

BBS Signature