00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dakale just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Games lagging? 2016-06-16 05:02:05

Decided to go down memory lane after not being on NG for ages. I found that every game I have tried to play so far has been so laggy it's unplayable. There is nothing wrong with my computer, it can run games on steam just fine.

Response to Games lagging? 2016-06-16 09:44:26 (edited 2016-06-16 09:44:59)

Could it be an issue with your browser, or any specific plugins you're using? What happens if you try a different browser, or try downloading one of these games to play it outside your browser? I'm not noticing any unusual lag except for the occasional newer overly resource-intense game.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Games lagging? 2016-06-16 23:46:22

At 6/16/16 09:44 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Could it be an issue with your browser, or any specific plugins you're using? What happens if you try a different browser, or try downloading one of these games to play it outside your browser? I'm not noticing any unusual lag except for the occasional newer overly resource-intense game.

I'm not sure what you mean by plugins. I have Chrome and I have ABP (I whitelisted NG, don't worry!) and Dark Reader which I am not currently running.

Response to Games lagging? 2016-06-17 11:20:31 (edited 2016-06-17 11:23:30)

At 6/16/16 11:46 PM, BenwaHakubi wrote: I'm not sure what you mean by plugins. I have Chrome and I have ABP (I whitelisted NG, don't worry!) and Dark Reader which I am not currently running.

ABP is indeed a plugin, or, well... extension. My bad. What happens if you disable it, though, along with any others you might have? Could also try disabling plugins you don't use, and see if it makes a difference?

chrome://extensions/
chrome://plugins/

If it doesn't, you could: try another browser, or download the .swf file and see if it lags outside the browser. Another thing worth ttesting: do Flash games lag only on NG, or other sites as well? If it's the browser, there'll probably be settings you can adjust, or plugins/extensions that conflict. It it's the computer (IOW if it lags outside the browser too), you could try re-installing Flash. If it's limited to this site only, maybe the admins might have some advice. Better figure out where the issue lies first though, since I'm not having the same issue, it sounds like it should be something other than the site itself.

BBS Signature

Response to Games lagging? 2016-06-17 22:15:17

He's right. I've tried to play a few games on here and the animated ads are causing lag. On one game alone, I spotted 3 flashing animated ads that are causing lag.

Birds Born in a cage think Flying is an illness - Alejandro Jodorowsky

BBS Signature

Response to Games lagging? 2016-06-18 02:26:32

At 6/17/16 10:15 PM, Mrccbirdguy wrote: He's right. I've tried to play a few games on here and the animated ads are causing lag. On one game alone, I spotted 3 flashing animated ads that are causing lag.

I did some tinkering and I found out running adblock makes the games run like a charm.

I have decided to enable it when I am playing them but disable it when I am doing everything else on here. I dun wanna cheat NG out of anything, but if I can't play games I am going to get bored and not use the site often. I think making ad revenue from the fourums/movies/audio ect is better than nothing.

Response to Games lagging? 2016-06-18 09:18:02

At 6/18/16 02:26 AM, BenwaHakubi wrote: I have decided to enable it when I am playing them but disable it when I am doing everything else on here. I dun wanna cheat NG out of anything, but if I can't play games I am going to get bored and not use the site often. I think making ad revenue from the fourums/movies/audio ect is better than nothing.

Glad you figured it out, though shame about them ads, you wouldn't think they'd be that resource intense... For the ultimate ad-free experience btw, there's always the supporter upgrade too. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Games lagging? 2016-06-29 23:06:37

Not trying to be " That Guy" but I don't really feel like running adblock because I don't want to deprive the site of ad revenue, but is there some way to fix this?

BBS Signature

Response to Games lagging? 2016-06-30 02:34:24

At 6/29/16 11:06 PM, Mrccbirdguy wrote: Not trying to be " That Guy" but I don't really feel like running adblock because I don't want to deprive the site of ad revenue, but is there some way to fix this?

I think it would be good for the health of the site overall if they resolved this.

Plus I keep forgetting to re-disable adblock, I'm so sorry NG :(

Response to Games lagging? 2016-06-30 04:22:48

Can you give us some URLs so we can try and reproduce the error? Also please list your LOCATION (this is important, because it could be country specific inventory that's running). If you don't feel comfortable making that public, please PM me.

Response to Games lagging? 2016-06-30 07:10:42

At 6/30/16 04:22 AM, liljim wrote: Can you give us some URLs so we can try and reproduce the error? Also please list your LOCATION (this is important, because it could be country specific inventory that's running). If you don't feel comfortable making that public, please PM me.

I'm in NE Ohio.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/676957 - Deathtiger0 game. Barely works. Won't even load today.

It's pretty much every single game on here.

BBS Signature

Response to Games lagging? 2016-06-30 11:14:04

At 6/30/16 07:10 AM, Mrccbirdguy wrote: It's pretty much every single game on here.

I'm pretty sure we know what ads are causing this. Thanks for letting us know.

Response to Games lagging? 2016-06-30 12:39:31

At 6/30/16 04:22 AM, liljim wrote: Can you give us some URLs so we can try and reproduce the error? Also please list your LOCATION (this is important, because it could be country specific inventory that's running). If you don't feel comfortable making that public, please PM me.

PM sent.

I'm guessing ads are based by location. No sense in advertising things that are not in my area.

Response to Games lagging? 2016-07-01 22:29:41

It's that Black Desert game ad. It freezes up everything.

BBS Signature

Response to Games lagging? 2016-07-03 04:25:38

At 6/30/16 07:10 AM, Mrccbirdguy wrote:
I'm in NE Ohio.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/676957 - Deathtiger0 game. Barely works. Won't even load today.

It's pretty much every single game on here.

Same thing is happening to me. I spent three hours trying to troubleshoot it from my end while playing PawD before trying it on the actual game site where it works fine. Strangely enough, we are living in the same area. I dont know how that would affect it unless @home has some special internal firewall that is interfering with the site itself.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Games lagging? 2016-07-03 09:12:51

I gave up and installed adblock. works fine.

BBS Signature